Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. V

Uconnect 4 to 5 upgrade?

Howdy, all. I have a 2021 Laramie with the uconnect 12.1 and, for the most part, I love it. However...it has been haveing a few intermittant problems lately and those seems to be increasong in both their frequency and duration. So....it has be pondering: Whatcha think the chances might be...
  2. V

Trailer Wiring 101

This is old news to many, but I found it exceptionally helpful....especially at the 7:00 mark where he explains the alternative function of the reverse-circuit. You can ignore his color designations....apparently trailer wire color standardization is still a true s#@!-show and every MFG is...
  3. V

Dual exhaust???

Very quick disclaimer: I am not some sort of catalog-queen/Drugstore-cowboy Who thinks I am smarter than a building full of engineers with decades of experience, or who feels the need to demonstrate how fat my wallet is with how much bling I can strap on to my truck. I am all about people doing...
  4. V

Heated Side Mirrors

I know that this is old news to most of y'all, but its new to me. Here in TX we dont get much need for our Heated Side Mirrors, but I was driving through the ice storm on Thursday and cussing the fact that my heated mirrors weren't working....470 miles into it I finally relented and watched a...
  5. V

I've had my '21 for one week, as of today.....

....and I love it. Ordered it on 10/19....picked it up last Tuesday the 15th. (Full time-line is listed in a separate thread.) 2021 RAM 2500 Mega Cab, 6.4L hemi, 4wd, Ramboxes, 4:10 with limited slip, Towing Package, Towing Technology Group, Laramie Level 2, Safety Group, Off-Road Package...
  6. V

Auto-Folding mirrors?

I had a 2015 Grand Cherokee that had a nifty option in the Owner configurable uconnect settings. You could select yes/no to AUTO-fold the exterior mirrors. Essentially, as soon as you shifted into park, the mirrors would automatically fold in. Conversely, when you shifted out of park...the...
  7. V

Tailgate light bar

In my seemingly ever-increasing list of items of personal "flare" that im contemplating for my truck, I an giving thought to installing an LED Tailgate light similar to this one...
  8. V

Affiliate Program Discounts

Now that the USAA Affiliate discount is discontinued (as of 9/30/20) I was looking around to try to find other affiliate programs that might save me a penny or two. I searched the forum and found a few mentions of various affiliate discounts.....but no consolidated list. I googled the subject...
  9. V

A-Pillar / Ditch-lights ?

Howdy, all. Im in the process of planning some lighting mods to the 2021 Laramie that I "should" receive in just a few short weeks....mmm hmmm. Im giving serious thought to mounting a set of pod-lights at the A-Pillar. Some folks call these ditch-lights, I call them deer-detectors...
  10. V

To Ceramic...or not to Ceramic....

That is the question. I hope to take delivery of my new truck soon(ish). I understand that the finance department will try to up-sell me on a few revenue-generators. And I know that some of those are more worthy than others. My truck earns its keep every day. It wont fit in my garage...
  11. V

Order - build - Delivery timeline

I will edit this and update along the way so that others will get an idea of the timeline involved in ordering a custom-build from the factory. After months of research and searching hundreds of dealerships and looking at litterally thousands of candidates, I finally took the advice of my...
  12. V

MOPAR tire sale buy 3 get 4th for $1

FYI for all you tire-searchers. https://www.mopar.com/en-us/service-coupons-and-offers.html Deal ends 11/30 and the prices FOR A SET are the best ive seen ANYWHERE
  13. V

315/70r17 on AEV 17" Salta rims

Just ordered a 2500 with 6.4 and Off Road Package. Not planning any changes to suspension or height, at this time. I am planning to replace OEM wheels/Rims before it even leaves the lot on the day I take delivery. Hopefully I'll be able to sell the take-off "Night Edition" wheels and...
  14. V

Gooseneck with Ramboxes

Howdy folks. I Just ordered a 2500 Mega with 6.4 and ramboxes. Ive read posts discussing the aftermarket installation of 5th wheel hitches, but didnt see anything talking about folks who have actually SUCCESSFULLY used a gooseneck with ramboxes. Ive seen several youtube videos on the...
  15. V

17” wheels on 2500 Laramie???

Howdy, I searched and didn’t see a similar question or applicable answer.....so here goes: I do not like the 20” wheels or OEM tires that come on the 2020 2500 night edition. I know some folks do like em.....so I’ll just say that I don’t. I wanna put 35x12.5 wild peaks on it (no...this isn’t...