Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order - build - Delivery timeline

Vroooom

Reaction score
I will edit this and update along the way so that others will get an idea of the timeline involved in ordering a custom-build from the factory.

After months of research and searching hundreds of dealerships and looking at litterally thousands of candidates, I finally took the advice of my favorite and very trusted sales-rep (Gregg Lutman at BlueBonnett in New Braunfels) and just ordered exactly what I want.

'21 Laramie, Megacab, 6.4 hemi, Ramboxes, 4:10 limited slip, Safety group, off road Pkg, Towing pkg night edition....blah blah blah...lots of bells and whistles, but the only reason I mention these specific features is that they are difficult to find and this gives an idea of the production run that I will be part of. Other builds will likely have much different results from mine.

That being established....here is my timeline so far :
10/19/20 - Salesrep entered the order into the system...Order PLACED. I have heard that Mid-December is a likely delivery window unless something drastic happens (again)
10/20/20 - Provided written credit card authorization for $500 deposit (They didn't charge it, yet)
10/22/20 - Received order confirmation with VIN and VON numbers.
11/04/20 - Received an eMail from Dealership Salesman letting me know that I had been assigned an "Estimated" Ship Date of 12/10/20.
Status - D1 - Gateline plant has sequenced the unit for production,estimated ship date assigned
12/5/20 - I checked with RamChat today and was told that my truck has begun the build process and is currently in "paint" and told to check back with them in "another week or two" (sigh) At least some movement towards completion/shipping/delivery (supposedly). Patience is a virtue...but I aint no saint. hahaha
12/7/20 - CryptoStickers.net sent me an email letting me know that my Build Sheet was available. I checked it out. Everything looks right.
12/10/20 - CryptoStickers.net sent me another email; this time telling me that my Monrony Sticker was available. I checked it out, still looks right.
Also, today, I was able to look-up my VIN on Ramtrucks.com Towing guide and get my actual Payload and towing capacity. :)
12/12/20 - I contacted RamChat for an update. They said that everything was complete and the truck was only waiting to ship. He told me that they wait for "complete shipments" so it may be a while before it actually ships. He suggested checking back in one week for additional updates. I confirmed with him: "That means that EVERYTHING is done, Bedliner and Side-Steps, and all it lacks is shipping." He said "Correct".
12/13/20 - I received a call from the dealership that my truck has ARRIVED AT THE DEALERSHIP (much different from what I was told just yesterday), and asked when I would like to come and take delivery. I said that I could come up after-work tomorrow, the 14th.
12/14/20 - I picked-up my truck from the dealership.

8 weeks from order to delivery.

Some have been faster. Some have been slower.

But this has been my time-line.

Last edited:

Mikes145

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 9/29 and the latest I heard was the build date is 11/25. I have the VIN but also can't see the window sticker unless I did something wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jeeper78

Reaction score
Interesting. I put my order in on 10/18 for a 3500 HO. I have not heard a thing about it yet. I have tried texting my salesman, which he has read, but no reply on the status.

Splzhaul

Reaction score
I put my order in on 10/19 on a 3500 Limited and talked with my salesman end of last week and was told I am in D1 status but no build date yet as well.

Users who are viewing this thread