Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

315/70r17 on AEV 17" Salta rims

Vroooom

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2500 with 6.4 and Off Road Package. Not planning any changes to suspension or height, at this time.
I am planning to replace OEM wheels/Rims before it even leaves the lot on the day I take delivery. Hopefully I'll be able to sell the take-off "Night Edition" wheels and Firestone tires as "new".
My hope is to hang a set of AEV 17" Salta (black) wheels on it; wearing Falken A/T3w tires in 315/70r17 (translates to 34.6x12.7r17)

Anybody have any real-world experience with this set-up?

Constructive input?

THX all.

g00fy

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2500 with 6.4 and Off Road Package. Not planning any changes to suspension or height, at this time.
I am planning to replace OEM wheels/Rims before it even leaves the lot on the day I take delivery. Hopefully I'll be able to sell the take-off "Night Edition" wheels and Firestone tires as "new".
My hope is to hang a set of AEV 17" Salta (black) wheels on it; wearing Falken A/T3w tires in 315/70r17 (translates to 34.6x12.7r17)

Anybody have any real-world experience with this set-up?

Constructive input?

THX all.
I ran 315/70R17 BFG Ko2's on my bone stock truck for a while on 2013 power wagon wheels, they fit fine and looked pretty good. You should be very happy with the setup, I only moved away from it though because i wasn't confident in the load range "C" tires holding up the very heavy cummins engine.

I'm going to throw a set of 285/75R18 Wildpeak AT3W's on tomorrow. Here's a pic of my truck with the 315/70R17's:

we1TyGGWgnGAEx-r8yi2vbgsrSTglJG7NOBLTCIxaAI3iJiohiZPlyPb4kJofdTpRkEo8qOjWFh5lZWsTUhjn8zPOfcQuWhZTKIBB0PMjBIJyNxbHW4alHIhWnkgJzahwpaaFhtjfWw=w2400

DMC1

Reaction score
I have AEV Salta wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35’s “E” class on my 2020 RAM 2500. No lift or leveling kit. I have the 315 BFG’s “E” class on my 2020 Wrangler Rubicon. I’ve had great service on both vehicles. The Nitto’s on my RAM have been the best balancing tire I have owned. You will like the Salta rims.

EdgeAvl

Reaction score
I have AEV Salta wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35’s “E” class on my 2020 RAM 2500. No lift or leveling kit. I have the 315 BFG’s “E” class on my 2020 Wrangler Rubicon. I’ve had great service on both vehicles. The Nitto’s on my RAM have been the best balancing tire I have owned. You will like the Salta rims.
Did you have any issues getting the Saltas and Nittos balanced? My local tire shop baulked at how close the caliper is to the Salta on my 2018 Ram 2500 and said they were unsure they could balance them when they had to move the weights outside the caliper sweep. Maybe they just did not want to deal with a little extra balancing work. This was today with Toyo 285/70-17s. Thanks

jadmt

Reaction score
Did you have any issues getting the Saltas and Nittos balanced? My local tire shop baulked at how close the caliper is to the Salta on my 2018 Ram 2500 and said they were unsure they could balance them when they had to move the weights outside the caliper sweep. Maybe they just did not want to deal with a little extra balancing work. This was today with Toyo 285/70-17s. Thanks
they would have the same trouble balancing a stock power wagon wheel then. I would question their knowledge and abilities.

EdgeAvl

Reaction score
they would have the same trouble balancing a stock power wagon wheel then. I would question their knowledge and abilities.
Agree, I told them it was the stock size setup on the Power Wagon and I cannot see any different spec caliper. Maybe the Salta rims barrel is a bit thicker but it fits without interference. I guess they don't want to hassle with a verifying the weight placement. Thanks for the reply.

DMC1

Reaction score
There were no issues at all with the rims or Nittos. These were the best balancing set of tires I have had with a big tire. The Salta rims are made specifically for the RAM. I had no issues mounting them on my truck. When balancing your tires pay attention to the ink dots on the tire. They should be mounted in a particular position which will help with balancing.

diablo82

Reaction score
Sorry I know this is an old post but could you let me know if you have any rubbing issue, at all, with your Salta 35s set up? Is it possible that you could post some picture up of your ride?

DMC1

Reaction score
I’ll see if I can find one looking down the side. These wheels are made for the Ram. With +27 offset they are not gonna stick out. I didn’t want anything sticking out either.

Users who are viewing this thread