Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Sixtime43

Knocking New Ram

yeah, that sounds like it's on the outside of the motor. I think what flan said makes sense.
  2. Sixtime43

Sometimes life serves you lemons....OK, most of time it's just lemons

Dented my rear bumper a couple weeks ago being laser focused on my side mirrors backing into a really tight spot. Never saw the pole in the camera... bonk! Thought I might be able to take care of it with a pop-a-dent type fix, nope. Color matching bumpers, and the paint cracked and flaked on the...
  3. Sixtime43

Cold air Intake

I have yet to be confused by on OEM filter. YMMV o_O
  4. Sixtime43

Cold air Intake

I'm pretty sure I have some idea. If you look at his picture it looks like he removed the box plug cap/door. I'll help YOU out... actually look at the pic before you comment. I had a 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 before the 2022 2500 I currently own. I installed a CAI (K&N) on my 5.7 after a few years of...
  5. Sixtime43

Cold air Intake

Is the end of the intake box open? If so, you're letting the hot air from the engine bay get sucked into the intake making it a "not-so-cold air intake". It's been pretty well documented that these CAI are little more than a cosmetic upgrade.
  6. Sixtime43

Help Me Decide…

Looks pretty good to me as it sits. The only change I might make is change the running boards out for a set of retractable ones. Personal preference of course, but I currently have a set, and will never own another truck without them. lol
  7. Sixtime43

Did RamTrucks.com remove the VIN lookup tool?

Whatever data is created and used to print the door sticker is the same data that should be used to create the website info. That is certainly not rocket surgery, and is done millions of times a day in other industries. Ram has a poor reputation right now with their electronics and technology...
  8. Sixtime43

Did RamTrucks.com remove the VIN lookup tool?

Man, Ram is having struggles... I put in my VIN and it came back as a Lone Star Crew Cab when my truck is a Big Horn crew cab. It is a Hemi 4x4 with the 6'4" box., however I have the offroad package as well, so do these numbers reflect that too?? Logged into my owners dashboard, and it doesn't...
  9. Sixtime43

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Man, while my experiences have been far from perfect... this type of stuff does not happen with my unit. I am using Android Auto, which is far from perfect like I said, but I certainly don't experience those multiple reboots. I just took a weekend trip and was on the road for about 12 hours...
  10. Sixtime43

Wireless Charging Option?

I believe there are kits out there with the oem parts, etc... I was considering doing this myself at one point. Might have to revisit this... plugging in your phone is annoying. lol, first world problems right?
  11. Sixtime43

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

So that's what it looks like. Must be nice to have a working unit. I wouldn't hold my breath it's going to work much longer.
  12. Sixtime43

Hey man, I ordered a set of PE door harnesses from you a few weeks back. I finally got around to...

Hey man, I ordered a set of PE door harnesses from you a few weeks back. I finally got around to installing and wouldn't you know... I broke one of the pins on the passenger side harness. Can you tell me where/how I can get another pin? It's the wire labeled 4C on the passenger side harness? If...
  13. Sixtime43

Truck is Done Waiting to be Shipped for 2 Months

I'm not sure why you think everyone is lying to you? If it is sitting in a railyard in California (whether it is on a railcar or not) they probably consider it shipped or in transit. The rail system in this country right now is so messed up and backlogged in some places that your looking at a...
  14. Sixtime43

Ambient temp way off

I thought the truck used those ambient temperature sensors to make the engine run optimally? If that's the case you could be wasting $$ in fuel.
  15. Sixtime43

Level 3 vs Safety Group pricing?!?!

I think it's worth it personally. I don't have all of the safety group, but most of it. I don't have the blind spot stuff, which is fine. The Adaptive Cruise Control is a pretty nice feature, and I can see the Digital Rearview being pretty handy when towing a trailer.
  16. Sixtime43

Repurpose BakFlip #2

Neat idea. If those were mine I probably would have just hung targets on them to shoot at. Your idea is far more useful. :D
  17. Sixtime43

Powerstep install

Yep, thanks Crusty. I was able to get it sorted just by bouncing up and down near the front where it was getting hung up. Didn't have to loosen any bolts, so I lucked out there. I'll try and tackle the AUX switch wiring tomorrow. Happy Easter everyone!
  18. Sixtime43

Powerstep install

Yeah, I'm going to see if I can get it to work, but I have to solve the passenger side rail getting hung up on the pinch weld issue first. It worked great for a couple days, just started hanging up today. Looking through the manual now.
  19. Sixtime43

Transparent door cup protection film

I had to lookup what you were talking about... Never knew those were a thing.
  20. Sixtime43

Powerstep install

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. Would be nice to deploy to clean them while doing the rest of the truck, but it's hardly a "con". Figured I have all these AUX switches... why not?