Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes life serves you lemons....OK, most of time it's just lemons

ClawSS

Reaction score
100% my fault of not seeing that decorative steel sign post at the corner of a driveway at night last week. $2550 repair estimate on a $1000 deductible ... $1100 headlight plus fender repair.
UGH!!!! Don't need the pity, but man that was a $hitty way to start last week.

IMG_2076.jpgIMG_2074.jpg

Grey

Reaction score
Does happen every now and then, hang in there

jsalbre

Reaction score
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

— Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science

Blackpowder

Reaction score
It happens. This summer I caught the lower corner of my front painted bumper on a large rock I did not see. Of course my parking sensors were de-activated since I always park in the garage. Had they been active, I would have been alerted before hitting it. Lucky for me a little touch-up paint made it hardly noticeable due to the location.

By the way, love that Delmonico Red color!

Last edited:

Enve46

Reaction score
In all honesty, get a PDR guy out there and polish the rest. And enjoy it. Im a perfectionist and borderline OCD with my cars/trucks so I understand not wanting to do what I recommended but if you drive that truck, something will happen eventually in the same spot, bugs, rock chips etc... Tell yourself you have some character now and it wont be as painful when something else happens.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Damn that really sucks! I feel for ya man, about 10mos into ownership of my '22 I was backing up in a parking lot and tagged a very large tree branch because it was too high for the parking sensor. I ordered a new tailgate and upper plastic, had it painted then had to have the bedliner added after paint, in all it ended up costing me $1700 out of pocket and wasn't worth running it thru ins. I paid a hefty "stupid tax" on that one and now I triple check that it's all clear and no longer rely on parking sensors that I shouldn't be relying on anyway

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
In all honesty, get a PDR guy out there and polish the rest. And enjoy it. Im a perfectionist and borderline OCD with my cars/trucks so I understand not wanting to do what I recommended but if you drive that truck, something will happen eventually in the same spot, bugs, rock chips etc... Tell yourself you have some character now and it wont be as painful when something else happens.

Looks like the headlight housing is cracked.

ClawSS

Reaction score
Chipped at the impact point, then the PPF is ripped with the scratch in the lens deep enough to feel. Same for the fender. impact point at the leading edge is chipped, then the dented area has the PPF pealed with a decent amount of paint missing. I am not 100% sure it will "buff out". But I will try a dent removal guy after removing the PPF on the fender, just to see if I can get by with some touchup.

I will be replacing the headlight.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Could be much worse a couple years back a deer ran in to me hit and wrecked the front bumper, headlight, lower grill, front fender, both doors, side step. And because of parts shortages i was stuck driving it like that for 4 months!

Attachments

• IMG_7952.jpeg
    IMG_7952.jpeg
    584.6 KB · Views: 27

Firebird

Reaction score
Man, that really sucks! Just got my Durango back from the body shop myself, the wife hit an owl at hwy speeds, took out the hood and grill.
1000009457.jpg

Enve46

Reaction score

Chipped at the impact point, then the PPF is ripped with the scratch in the lens deep enough to feel. Same for the fender. impact point at the leading edge is chipped, then the dented area has the PPF pealed with a decent amount of paint missing. I am not 100% sure it will "buff out". But I will try a dent removal guy after removing the PPF on the fender, just to see if I can get by with some touchup.

Can't see from the picture, maybe Im just blind hahaha! If you have PPF on the fender you might be pleasantly surprised when its removed, maybe a minor touch needed but I obviously can't tell by the pictures. I do have a lot of experience in paint correction and you'd be surprised what you can get out with proper technique. Worth trying to save insurance claim

Sixtime43

Reaction score
Dented my rear bumper a couple weeks ago being laser focused on my side mirrors backing into a really tight spot. Never saw the pole in the camera... bonk! Thought I might be able to take care of it with a pop-a-dent type fix, nope. Color matching bumpers, and the paint cracked and flaked on the underside. Just in time for winter.... It's just begging for rust to start working it's magic!

Firebird

Reaction score
I hit a rolling trash bin with my dually on the passenger front door. Took it to my local PDR location, and he fixed it perfectly, never could tell where the dents were.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

These are reflections?

1702411009032.png

I guess this is the chip then?

1702411064980.png

Enve46

Reaction score
Sometimes even the best pics are not the same as seeing it in person.
Thank you for your kindness... Or one is pushing 40 and has come to the realization that eyesight and hearing are starting to show the abuse from the younger years. Hahaha

ClawSS

Reaction score
Well, there is PPF on the headlight, the scratches are through the PPF. Those are not reflections and are the PPF pealed / rubbed off of the light.
BUT, I have some hope that it is only PPF and when I heatgun it off (just the light for now), that is isn't as bad as it feels with my fingernail.

Enve46

Reaction score
Well, there is PPF on the headlight, the scratches are through the PPF. Those are not reflections and are the PPF pealed / rubbed off of the light.
BUT, I have some hope that it is only PPF and when I heatgun it off (just the light for now), that is isn't as bad as it feels with my fingernail.
Got it! Eager to see the results, hopefully the PPF did its job and you have minimal scratching that can mostly be removed.

Users who are viewing this thread