Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. ClawSS

Sometimes life serves you lemons....OK, most of time it's just lemons

100% my fault of not seeing that decorative steel sign post at the corner of a driveway at night last week. $2550 repair estimate on a $1000 deductible ... $1100 headlight plus fender repair. UGH!!!! Don't need the pity, but man that was a $hitty way to start last week.
  2. ClawSS

Rearview killed by the Radio

DETROIT -- Stellantis is recalling nearly 273,000 trucks in the U.S. because the radio software can stop the rear view camera image from being displayed. The recall a nnounced Tuesday by U.S. safety regulators covers certain Ram 1500 pickup trucks and some Ram 3500 chassis cabs from the 2022...
  3. ClawSS

Sitting your a$$ on a Rambox

So my son wants to use my truck in the Homecoming parade for his college. It will have a few people in the bed doing parade things, but mainly sitting on the bed-sides waving and tossing candy (I assume). Anyone know the weight limit for sitting ON TOP OF the Rambox lid - concentrated weight...
  4. ClawSS

Using Bus Bar for Stereo Amplifier Positive

I am thinking that I can use a ZCase Mega fuse here on the post (3rd from top) and pull off of that with a 1/0 AWG wire into the cabin. I do not fully understand how the fuse works and unsure of the stud size, I'm guessing M6. Which if I go after a fuse, then the M6 sizes only go up to 250a...
  5. ClawSS

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

I'll start. My truck has been with me since new and I got it one yr ago yesterday. 19,200mi so far. (11k running 37's). All unloaded and the receiver hitch is still a virgin.
  6. ClawSS

Fun Positive Post - FCA: I am thankful for.....

Something fun for us to participate in: I am new to FCA/Dodge/Ram, but have a Daimler Chrysler 300 SRT8. I am NOT new to Forums/Newsgroups/Chatrooms, etc. They tend to run into the negative and some posts are entirely negative. How about a positive post with some care taken to NOT be too...
  7. ClawSS

Big 3 wiring upgrade

I'm trying to search to see if others have done this upgrade. Hard to search on small words and I'm not sure what else to call it. Big 3 = new Alt to Battery+ , new Bat- to ground, new Engine to ground. I know there are enough stereo guys out there and others with high amperage accessories...
  8. ClawSS

I need Made in USA to be better than this!!

9. ClawSS

'22 UConnect 5 & HK system augmentation

Let's talk about the 2022 2500 Uconnect 5 version of this truck's entertainment system and how it differs from the previous 2021 and earlier HK based systems. Goal: Add a Subthump box to the Megacab section with a couple of subwoofers along with an amplifier. Headwinds: Wiring a clean flat...
  10. ClawSS

I wonder how many....

I wonder how many......trucks Stellantis went through to find one for this shot with a properly adjusted driver-side Rambox? Probably photoshopped.
  11. ClawSS

'2023 6.4L Power Increase?

For 2023, has anybody heard if there was an increase in power in the 6.4 (given the new hood design) and maybe some compression ratio changes? I may have missed an article somewhere. Kinda like me missing the fact that the Hemi has become a "bargaining chip" when it comes to trim packages in...
  12. ClawSS

'22 Rambox striker hoop adjustment

<Sorry no pics> I wanted to chime in and post that this weekend I decided to "tighten up" my driver's side Rambox lid due to it having a slight rattle because the lid could be pushed down once latched showing slack in the latch-striker hoop engagement. I took out all of the 10mm headed bolts in...
  13. ClawSS

Need help on suspension fix

I have installed a 2" front and 1" rear Thuren combo with front trackbar and Fox shocks. Riding on 18" wheels with Falken 37's and 35lbs of air in the rear and 40lb front. '22 Mega Hemi Limited w/ Ramboxes The rear end jitters/bounces abruptly on sharp bumps like bridge approaches, manhole...
  14. ClawSS

OEM Spare wheel size?

Can the stock OEM spare wheel hold a 12.50 wide tire? I have an "out of round" 37x12.50R18 that isn't noticeable until over 55mph. It can't be balanced out, but would make a great spare. Is the spare wheel an 18x8? Is it on a 0mm or more + offset?
  15. ClawSS

?? Installed height of 37x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W ??

I saw a video of a AEV Procal Snap and the guy was putting on a set of Falken 37's on his newer PW. He said the install height was 35.2. Holy Crap! Is that all they are with weight on them? Anyone else with a YMMV answer?
  16. ClawSS

Looking for Delmonico pictures (due to my lack of imagination)

Show me Delmonico Reds on 18x9 35's or 37's. Night package a plus with description of any suspension mods. Been REALLY looking at a Raceline Gauge and Baja Boss 35, but pushing to a 37 may end up a Falken (there isn't a 37R18 in a Mickey). Anyway, show me those you got so I can show you the...
  17. ClawSS

Need a recommendation on Transfer Case fluid

What is the consensus on the proper transfer case fluid to use in a 2022 Ram 2500 4x4?
  18. ClawSS

LEDs on Limited - kinda loud

Anybody notice "what I believe to be" the cooling fans on the LEDs when you put the truck in the ON - Not started ignition position and lights on? I had done this one evening and stepped around to the front of the truck and wow...somewhat ear piercing....the headlights were on, FYI. Please...
  19. ClawSS

BakFlip on a 2022 Limited w/ RamBox - Any Owners?

So there is a post out there that the tri-fold hard tonneau from BakFlip (MX4, FiberMax, etc...) may obscure the rearview mirror camera and possibly the cargo camera located in the CHMSL. Have any of you owners with those options & a BakFlip tri-fold hard cover experienced this? I don't want to...
  20. ClawSS

Do you recommend preemptive RTV on CHMSL?

Just wondering if y'all went ahead and resealed your 3rd brake light with a light RTV film on the upper edge? I only have 100mi. on the truck, but figured this would keep me out of the dealership with minimal amount of effort.