Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need Made in USA to be better than this!!

Nick

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 KW it came with blackout window curtains . Sticker said do not use while driving!

ClawSS

Reaction score
I see many of you missed the point of the misspelling and focused on the Warning itself.

We should be accustomed to warning stickers. Hell, we probably are so accustomed to the point of NUMB that we no longer read them.

Such is the case of the manufacturer requiring the sticker in the Bill of Materials due to potential lawsuit (you didn't tell me I couldn't-syndrome)....then ordering the sticker...approving the proof of the sticker...receiving the sticker...and then having a line worker in the USA applying the sticker. All this "touch" still letting a misspelling out the door and to the customer. We can do better U.S.A. !

Dull. Very Very Dull.

tchur1

Reaction score
I see many of you missed the point of the misspelling and focused on the Warning itself.

We should be accustomed to warning stickers. Hell, we probably are so accustomed to the point of NUMB that we no longer read them.

Such is the case of the manufacturer requiring the sticker in the Bill of Materials due to potential lawsuit (you didn't tell me I couldn't-syndrome)....then ordering the sticker...approving the proof of the sticker...receiving the sticker...and then having a line worker in the USA applying the sticker. All this "touch" still letting a misspelling out the door and to the customer. We can do better U.S.A. !

Dull. Very Very Dull.
Not going to lie - I had to read the sticker like 10 times before I noticed it. Weird how the brain just corrects things subconsciously sometimes.

kennelpj

Reaction score
lol when you have to have warnings on coffee cups from Mcdonalds saying "its hot" just so you won't get sued to oblivion you know you live in a 1st world country
Just as an FYI, the famous lawsuit of the woman burned by McDonalds coffee was 100% justified. She suffered severe burns from a cup of coffee way hotter than it should have been served with a loose top on it. She had extreme burns in her crotch and legs and had extensive medical bills as a result. McD's was found at fault and her payout went mostly to covering her continued medical bills and treatment. Most people think it was a money grabbing scheme, but know you are part of the enlightened :)

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Just as an FYI, the famous lawsuit of the woman burned by McDonalds coffee was 100% justified. She suffered severe burns from a cup of coffee way hotter than it should have been served with a loose top on it. She had extreme burns in her crotch and legs and had extensive medical bills as a result. McD's was found at fault and her payout went mostly to covering her continued medical bills and treatment. Most people think it was a money grabbing scheme, but know you are part of the enlightened :)

Was it still boiling in the cup, bubbling? I think they might have ice coffee for those who can’t handle a cup of hot.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Was it still boiling in the cup, bubbling? I think they might have ice coffee for those who can’t handle a cup of hot.
McDonalds didn’t sell iced coffee in 1992. The woman was 79 and the coffee was hot enough (180 degrees) to cause 3rd degree burns in seconds, requiring skin grafts. There had been over 700 hundred people injured at this point, she was just the first to push to trial. The company admitted during trial to knowing there was an issue for over 10 years, but they didn’t want to spend money on fixing the manuals that told the restaurants what temperature to set their machines to. The main effect of the lawsuit was not that they added “hot” labels to their cups, it was that they reduced the temperature of their coffee to a level that was less likely to seriously injure people.

Users who are viewing this thread