Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you recommend preemptive RTV on CHMSL?

ClawSS

Reaction score
Just wondering if y'all went ahead and resealed your 3rd brake light with a light RTV film on the upper edge? I only have 100mi. on the truck, but figured this would keep me out of the dealership with minimal amount of effort.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Just wondering if y'all went ahead and resealed your 3rd brake light with a light RTV film on the upper edge? I only have 100mi. on the truck, but figured this would keep me out of the dealership with minimal amount of effort.
I removed the light on my '18 and put a layer of black rtv on the foam gasket and reinstalled, im planning on doing the same for my '22 when it gets here, I did have the cargo cam/led brake light on the '18 so I wouldn't ever have to remove it to change a bulb, if you have the incandescent 3rd brake light maybe instead of silicone try a thicker foam gasket so you can easily remove it for bulb changes.

flan

Reaction score
I have not, but it’s probably not a bad idea especially past the 36k warranty...

RAM Stag

Reaction score
I removed the light on my '18 and put a layer of black rtv on the foam gasket and reinstalled, im planning on doing the same for my '22 when it gets here, I did have the cargo cam/led brake light on the '18 so I wouldn't ever have to remove it to change a bulb, if you have the incandescent 3rd brake light maybe instead of silicone try a thicker foam gasket so you can easily remove it for bulb changes.
OR MAYBE REPLACE THE INCANDESCENT BULBS WITH LED WHEN YOU SEAL IT.

Users who are viewing this thread