Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sitting your a$$ on a Rambox

ClawSS

Reaction score
So my son wants to use my truck in the Homecoming parade for his college. It will have a few people in the bed doing parade things, but mainly sitting on the bed-sides waving and tossing candy (I assume).

Anyone know the weight limit for sitting ON TOP OF the Rambox lid - concentrated weight in a corn-fed a$$ size?

unclelala

Reaction score
So my son wants to use my truck in the Homecoming parade for his college. It will have a few people in the bed doing parade things, but mainly sitting on the bed-sides waving and tossing candy (I assume).

Anyone know the weight limit for sitting ON TOP OF the Rambox lid - concentrated weight in a corn-fed a$$ size?
The weight limit is no fat a$$es aloud. :D Seriously kids don't care when they are in groups, they get rowdy and show offy.
Could be a ding or scratch out of it.. Id rather rent them something, might be a better move in the long run.

jetrinka

Reaction score
weight in a corn-fed a$$ size?
HAHAHAHA!!!!

But in all seriousness I'd say as long as they are sitting at the ends of the boxes and keeping their butts towards the inner part of the bed where its actually solid it should be fine.

unclelala

Reaction score
as long as they are sitting at the ends of the boxes and keeping their butts towards the inner part of the bed where its actually solid it should be fine.
IMO you can tell people all day long how to do it but there will be a good chance they wont oblige.

ClawSS

Reaction score
The weight limit is no fat a$$es aloud. :D Seriously kids don't care when they are in groups, they get rowdy and show offy.
Could be a ding or scratch out of it.. Id rather rent them something, might be a better move in the long run.
I'll guarantee that I'm driving and guiding them on the seating arrangements. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the weight limit.
Also my son is in the back ... he has a show truck that he drives ... I trust his ability to maintain order.

unclelala

Reaction score
I'll guarantee that I'm driving and guiding them on the seating arrangements. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the weight limit.
Also my son is in the back ... he has a show truck that he drives ... I trust his ability to maintain order.
Oh, I thought you'd be lending it to them.

Ziggy

Reaction score
No way! They are not designed for carrying any type of load on them. Put folding chairs in the bed and tell them to stay off the sides.

Last edited:

ClawSS

Reaction score
No way, they arent designed for any type of load

No way! They are not designed for carrying any type of load on them. Put folding chairs in the bed and tell them to stay off the sides.
Not sure you could get more than 2 folding chairs in the bed...Probably about 4-7 people. 3 on the tailgate, and 2 at the cab looking over the hood...the others sitting. I just needed to know since I cannot find anything on the limit.
I had commented a while back on a guy loading square bales...but nothing really came of the # limit. Distribution was the key in that discussion.

Ziggy

Reaction score
Not sure you could get more than 2 folding chairs in the bed...Probably about 4-7 people. 3 on the tailgate, and 2 at the cab looking over the hood...the others sitting. I just needed to know since I cannot find anything on the limit.
I had commented a while back on a guy loading square bales...but nothing really came of the # limit. Distribution was the key in that discussion.
Its a 6 foot bed, you should be able to get 6 folding metal chairs in easy, plus room left on the tail gate.
Just imagine how sad you will be if you have to replace a cracked lid that also needs to be painted......................................... Plus labor.

Ziggy

Reaction score
Its a 6 foot bed, you should be able to get 6 folding metal chairs in easy, plus room left on the tail gate.
Just imagine how sad you will be if you have to replace a cracked lid that also needs to be painted......................................... Plus labor.
Why the mad emoji? I was just sharing some alternatives. In the end, it's your truck and if you are comfortable using the Ramboxes as seats, then by all means. Ultimately, I hope the parade is a success and everyone has a great time.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I think what I’d do is grab some 2x6 boards cut to the full length of the bed rails and clamp them down at the ends. It’ll spread the load, and probably be a more comfortable seat.

ClawSS

Reaction score
Why the mad emoji? I was just sharing some alternatives. In the end, it's your truck and if you are comfortable using the Ramboxes as seats, then by all means. Ultimately, I hope the parade is a success and everyone has a great time.
Just mad that you are probably right and I run a pretty good risk.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I think what I’d do is grab some 2x6 boards cut to the full length of the bed rails and clamp them down at the ends. It’ll spread the load, and probably be a more comfortable seat.
I like that idea!

I have wondered about hauling small square bales of hay setting on the sides of my Rambox and may steel your idea.

ClawSS

Reaction score
Working on determining how to "clamp them down".

jetrinka

Reaction score
Working on determining how to "clamp them down".
Run a spacer strip of wood along the top edge of the RamBox silver rail thingies to take up the space between the rail and the sitting board. A few clamps on the back edge of the sitting board and silver rail and you'll be golden.

jsalbre

Reaction score
You could probably use a metal strap screwed to the board and attach them right to the rail.

Users who are viewing this thread