Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

Regens at alarming rate!

Yes, that’s correct. My mistake.
  2. D

Regens at alarming rate!

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve had the issue since my CP3 imploded and Ram replaced with the new HP fuel pump, injectors, and fuel rail. I’m at the point where the system can only get about 20 miles before it regens again. I believe you meant oil dilution. I definitely have experienced this...
  3. D

Regens at alarming rate!

Two days ago I received a UConnect update. Concurrently I’ve been driving around with an active P2459 code planning to go to a dealer to record it. The code has been active for weeks. It be been clearing these myself but decided that it was time to have the dealer awknoldege these codes...
  4. D

Loss of tow vehicle stability after maintenance performed

I took the truck to a shop today. They checked the alignment and found it to be as shown in the attachment. They drove the truck and felt what I was talking about. They pulled apart the tie rods and found that the ends felt free to rotate. They moved wheels around in several different...
  5. D

The passenger side is at 7 o'clock and the driver is at 4 o'clock. I'm the op so it doesn't drive so well. I'll assume that I can't just adjust these so will look for an alignment shop to review everything and set to Thuren specs.
  6. D

This is how they are currently set. First pic is passenger side, second driver side. Is the first mark considered 0 or 1? If it’s 0, then these are set correct.
  7. D

I appreciate the replies. I should add that the Transforce tires were new at 28k when I purchased the vehicle used. These new Wildpeaks were done at 67K along with the ball joints/brakes and rotors. I will check the alignment cams when I return to the truck in a few days as I'm still away for...
  8. D

I am looking for some insight after having some maintenance performed on my 2019 2500 Laramie stock 6.7 Cummins. I tow a 36-foot bumper pull travel trailer with an Equalizer weight distribution hitch. Prior to the maintenance the system felt rock solid and was hardly affected by wind gusts and...
  9. D

Cranks but won’t start - 2019 2500 Cummins

Since picking the truck up I’ve driven about 600 miles hauling 10,000 lbs and just got a P2459 code. Looks like it’s related to the regen process. This is the first time I’ve even seen the diesel particulate filter above 0 I've started monitoring it and regen took 6 miles and then after 66...
  10. D

I’ve driven about 30 minutes and it feels back to normal. Tomorrow I’ll be towing 10k lbs so it’ll be a good test.
  11. D

The build sheet says it has the 68RFE I’m not in front of the truck at the moment to verify position of the trans dipstick but will take a look when I can.
  12. D

I want to follow up with an update. After my insurance company presented their findings of non-contaminated diesel, and I requested pictures of the FQS solenoid and screen, they determined that the HPFP did in fact implode and have moved forward with the repair at no cost to me. I picked up...
  13. D

I contacted Ram Customer Care which felt like a useless experience. They didn't seem very interested in assisting and suggested taking the truck to another dealer. So I confronted the dealer where the truck is currently and asked for pictures of the FQS and FQS Bore that should have been taken...
  14. D

Here’s a screenshot from the report: Any suggestions for how to approach the dealer with this?
  15. D

Just an update. I got my car insurance (USAA) involved. They took a sample from the truck while it's with the dealer. Just got off the phone with them and they are stating that they found diesel with no other contaminants. I am waiting for the test results to be emailed to me. Once I have...
  16. D

Yea, I don't buy need to replace the batteries. They said they attempted to recharge the batteries and they wouldn't hold a charge. I did hear back from the dealer again today and this is what they are saying: To complicate the issue I am 600 miles away from the truck and leaving tomorrow...
  17. D

Dealer came back today saying with: “Your technician has discovered that the diesel fuel is contaminated, with what we are unsure. Your technician is requesting additional time to remove the pressure regulator to inspect for damage that could have stemmed from the contaminated fuel. The labor...
  18. D

That was my first thought when it happened. Just thought there would be more codes related to that.
  19. D

Was towing my travel trailer at about 60mph and got this message: Exhaust System Needs Service See dealer Truck started to slow down and would not respond to gas pedal. Pulled over to the shoulder and truck shut off. Cranks but will not start. Dash shows CEL and even flashed when trying...
  20. D

Side to side rails in cargo bed - ID please

Thank you. It just seems rather flimsy for such a demanding application. I’m not sure what the previous owner was towing though.