Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

Lets see what you are towing!

On our way to Utah last weekend.
  2. D

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Thank you. 20x8.25’s in the rear and 20x9 non dually fronts. Would look so much better on 37’s but I keep telling myself 35’s are more practical for towing.
  3. D

Escaped the Vegas heat for some cooler weather and a little riding with the family.
  4. D

Lift thoughts and towing 5th wheel

Well I’m not on perfectly level ground, but this is close to 20k with “Alt Trailer Height” being used. Sits pretty level. It is slightly nose high if I don’t use alt trailer height. This toy hauler does sit fairly high though.
  5. D

5th Wheel brakes SUCK! Help please.

It’s brand new, take it back and have them make sure they’re adjusted properly and getting power to them. Easy to learn how to adjust them on YouTube as well, even for future reference. They should grab real hard at 10.
  6. D

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

So happy to hear that. Thank you.
  7. D

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

What a nightmare, and definitely a torture test. Reading that makes me pretty happy about my choice to trade up. I’m also extremely happy that Aisin locks the TC in 2nd.
  8. D

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

Towing real heavy for the first time next week with my 22 H/O Aisin. Do you know if the TC locks in 2nd? I’m sure I’ll be able to feel it, it was nice on my 12’ though to see it on my mini max. Being able to tune that 68rfe completely changed the transmission. It ended up being bulletproof for...
  9. D

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

Try locking out 3rd as well. The post above is correct saying this will happen towing slow speeds with a heavy load up a grade with an auto and a TC that won’t lock. My 2012 3500 with the 68rfe would overheat pulling my toy hauler up steep slow grades at altitude until I tuned the tranny and...
  10. D

Lift thoughts and towing 5th wheel

I put the Carli 3.25” coils, control arm drop brackets, remote res shocks, and track bar on the front of my 22 Dually and used 2” leaf and air bag spacers in the rear. You do NOT have to use the expensive “air ride lift kit.” I have the adjustable revel arms for the air bag sensors, but even...
  11. D

Amazing looking rig.
  12. D

Delete

What exactly have they solved? The need to fill an extra tank with DEF? Worse MPG? I may have known a guy that had a deleted 2012. He ran clean tunes that gave him a little extra power and torque, with great MPG and no smoke. He may have still had to smog every year and pass the sniffer...
  13. D

2022 3500 drw and traxda

With those goals I think you’ll be happy with that set up. Here’s a pic of mine loaded. Don’t mind the water I had to dump after canceling a trip last minute.
  14. D

2022 3500 drw and traxda

Sure, in theory. I guess it can’t hurt to try it with stock links first. Even if your bags are filled enough to be hard to the touch unloaded, if you’re fine with that then you don’t “need” them. Personal preference. I’m running 35’s. 37’s would fit with minor trimming, and to be honest look...
  15. D

2022 3500 drw and traxda

If possible, I wouldn’t use spacers for the front. Thuren has coils around 2” and Carli has 2.5 and 3.25. Just my opinion though. With that said, no. If you add 2” to the front, get 1” spacers for the rear leafs and air bags if you want a level truck. I have a 22 DRW with air assist and lifted...
  16. D

2022 Ram 3500 DRW Build/Lift

Turned out great!
  17. D

Ram Wireless Charger

Mine charges through the case just fine.
  18. D

Hahaha, I’ve been there friend!
  19. D

Thank you. Oh I’m sure it’ll happen plenty. The fronts don’t stick out much so they shouldn’t be to bad. The rockers have PPF film all the way down. I know that won’t prevent chips, but should help a bit. Even though she’s pretty now, I’m perfectly fine with it developing dings and dents along...
  20. D

Got her cleaned up yesterday, washing it was fantastic after the ceramic coating was applied. The tint definitely finished the look I was going for. Also added the Gen Y 9” drop hitch, bolted with grade 8 hardware to a torque that will require a cheater bar to remove. Here’s a shot of...