Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 3500 drw and traxda

Modernrenovations

Reaction score
I have a 22 3500 drw with the level assist. I spoke with traxda as i only want a 2" lift. They suggested 2 spacer in front with the following for the rear.. 2" spacer and a 2" air bag spacer. Has anyone done this? I want the truck to sit level but be 2" higher?

Dunn08

Reaction score
If possible, I wouldn’t use spacers for the front. Thuren has coils around 2” and Carli has 2.5 and 3.25. Just my opinion though.

With that said, no. If you add 2” to the front, get 1” spacers for the rear leafs and air bags if you want a level truck. I have a 22 DRW with air assist and lifted the front 3.25” with Carli coils and 2” in the rear. Also, you need longer arm links for the air bags sensors, or the adjustable ones from revel performance. Otherwise your bags will fill up and ride horrible, not to mention cause your truck to not be level.

If you want a rear rake I guess you can do 2” front and 2” rear. You’ll still need new air bag links.

Modernrenovations

Reaction score
If possible, I wouldn’t use spacers for the front. Thuren has coils around 2” and Carli has 2.5 and 3.25. Just my opinion though.

With that said, no. If you add 2” to the front, get 1” spacers for the rear leafs and air bags if you want a level truck. I have a 22 DRW with air assist and lifted the front 3.25” with Carli coils and 2” in the rear. Also, you need longer arm links for the air bags sensors, or the adjustable ones from revel performance. Otherwise your bags will fill up and ride horrible, not to mention cause your truck to not be level.

If you want a rear rake I guess you can do 2” front and 2” rear. You’ll still need new air bag links.
Why would i need links? In theory, if you use blocks and a spacer for the bag shouldn't it trick the system as being factory but just 1 or 2" higher? Also what size tires are you running?

Dunn08

Reaction score
Sure, in theory. I guess it can’t hurt to try it with stock links first. Even if your bags are filled enough to be hard to the touch unloaded, if you’re fine with that then you don’t “need” them. Personal preference.

I’m running 35’s. 37’s would fit with minor trimming, and to be honest look better. Went with 35’s to keep it a little more practical for towing my toy hauler.

Modernrenovations

Reaction score
Sure, in theory. I guess it can’t hurt to try it with stock links first. Even if your bags are filled enough to be hard to the touch unloaded, if you’re fine with that then you don’t “need” them. Personal preference.

I’m running 35’s. 37’s would fit with minor trimming, and to be honest look better. Went with 35’s to keep it a little more practical for towing my toy hauler.
Thanks. Im trying to be practical as well since we bought it to tow our toy hauler as well. We dont want to go any larger than 35s. Which is why i was thinking 2" in front and 2" in rear. I still want to maintain the 3/4" factory rake. Also we dont want to trim anything unless absolutely necessary.

Dunn08

Reaction score
With those goals I think you’ll be happy with that set up.

Here’s a pic of mine loaded. Don’t mind the water I had to dump after canceling a trip last minute.

5434ad192897e05030a27442dbd854a1.jpg

Rockman

Reaction score
So I decided to go a little larger lift than Carli 3.25” on my 3500 with rear air suspension. This is everything for the rear.. the only thing needed to complete is 3.25 for front end are front coil, radius arm drop, and track bar which are all available parts. I will post what I did soon.. The air tank does not have to be relocated. It does have to be removed to drill frame for radius drops. I like to keep my spare!

Attachments

• 0E048822-DFC9-4C26-9447-5FA387D053CD.jpeg
    0E048822-DFC9-4C26-9447-5FA387D053CD.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread