Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
As Gob would say: "I've made a HUGE mistake."
Husky - weatherbeater floor liners.

IMG_6561.jpg

These are not floor mats, they are rigid plastic shells that coat your floor in hyper-thin HARD plastic.
Don't buy these if you expect "Floor mats". these are hard plastic 'liners'
Fit is not excellent, 5/8" gap on my side but fits perfectly on passenger side. half-covers threshold and half covers logo, ruining aesthetics.

I chose by reviews here and price and I wanted to cover the gap at the threshold, which only makes sense. - I preferred the Mopar mats, which look like rubber and have a non-contrasting logo, but hard to find so I went with similar priced Husky.

IMG_6560.jpg

Anyway, love the forum, hope everyone is well. I'm enjoying my May 10th delivered 2500.

Last edited:

gpattikjr

Reaction score

View attachment 38874

These are not floor mats, they are rigid plastic shells that coat your floor in hyper-thin HARD plastic.
Do NOT buy these if you expect "Floor mats" these are hard plastic 'liners' - never heard of such modern crap.
Fit is not excellent, 5/8" gap at door, half-covers threshold and half covers logo, ruining aesthetics.

I will give these away the moment I get actual rubber floor mats. I'm really not into making these mistakes on my RAM when this forum is so useful but I guess I misread the comments here. ...subjectively THESE SUCK.

The Husky logo .. they should be ashamed of this POS, this is barely a product...that logo is getting ripped the &^% off or painted immediately.
BTW: The box was open in the delivery van and one mat and the instruction were under the shelf. Driver stayed while I installed one so he could compared to his weathertechs.
I chose by reviews here and price and I wanted to cover the gap at the threshold, which only makes sense. - I preferred the Mopar mats, which look like rubber and have a consistent logo, but hard to find so I went with similar price and I REALLY shouldn't have.

View attachment 38875

Anyway, love the forum, hope everyone is well. I'm enjoying my May 10th delivered 2500 - finally, lol, let the air down to door specs, maybe 60/65 is still high (but they did come around 87 psi)

The delivery guy also brought a front/rear dash cam. Sorry for the rant I didn't expect such a cheap product as this Husky Weatherbeater.
Guess you should have listened and ordered the husky x-act contour instead of the cheaper ones.

G’Dave

Reaction score

View attachment 38874

Do NOT buy these if you expect "Floor mats" these are hard plastic 'liners' - never heard of such modern crap.
Fit is not excellent, 5/8" gap at door, half-covers threshold and half covers logo, ruining aesthetics.

I will give these away the moment I get actual rubber floor mats. I'm really not into making these mistakes on my RAM when this forum is so useful but I guess I misread the comments here. ...subjectively THESE SUCK.

The Husky logo .. they should be ashamed of this POS, this is barely a product...that logo is getting ripped the &^% off or painted immediately.
BTW: The box was open in the delivery van and one mat and the instruction were under the shelf. Driver stayed while I installed one so he could compared to his weathertechs.
I chose by reviews here and price and I wanted to cover the gap at the threshold, which only makes sense. - I preferred the Mopar mats, which look like rubber and have a consistent logo, but hard to find so I went with similar price and I REALLY shouldn't have.

View attachment 38875

Anyway, love the forum, hope everyone is well. I'm enjoying my May 10th delivered 2500 - finally, lol, let the air down to door specs, maybe 60/65 is still high (but they did come around 87 psi)

The delivery guy also brought a front/rear dash cam. Sorry for the rant I didn't expect such a cheap product as this Husky Weatherbeater.

Oh man, that’s a bummer. See if you can clean them up and return them. And then order the Husky X-act Contour. They seem to check the boxes that you want (although they still half overlap the threshold). But overall, great fit; soft rubber, ya da ya da.

Edit - or get the top end version of WeatherTech (they make several versions). I think both are decent if you go top shelf.

adca8469299e66de66c1d308d09c4318.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
Oh man, that’s a bummer. See if you can clean them up and return them. And then order the Husky X-act Contour. They seem to check the boxes that you want (although they still half overlap the threshold). But overall, great fit; soft rubber, ya da ya da.

Edit - or get the top end version of WeatherTech (they make several versions). I think both are decent if you go top shelf.

They gotta go. The rear doesn't fit the truck at all as both underseat vents are 100% blocked. Here is a photo of the product literature that says "tuck them beneath the underseat hvac outlet but clearly shows they don't extend near the vent, let alone a tuckable amount. There is no way to tuck anything anywhere... let along 1-5/8". They arch/bulge an inch+ above each floor unfittingly and block both rear vents 100%...and their literature is a flat out absurdity. I don't see what it says I'm supposed to see. The liner in the photo is NOT tucked under anything.

IMG_6568.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6562.jpg
    IMG_6562.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6564.jpg
    IMG_6564.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6570.jpg
    IMG_6570.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 81

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
Guess you should have listened and ordered the husky x-act contour instead of the cheaper ones.
Return accepted, They are on their way back.

...And I'm back to carpet until I learn my lesson... I need to touch these damn things first. Going to look for 2500's and ask if I can feel up their floor mats.

arx237

Reaction score
They gotta go. The rear doesn't fit the truck at all as both underseat vents are 100% blocked.
but clearly shows they don't extend near the vent, let alone a tuckable amount. There is no way to tuck anything anywhere... let along 1-5/8". They arch/bulge an inch+ above each floor unfittingly and block both rear vents 100%...and their literature is a flat out absurdity. I don't see what it says I'm supposed to see. The liner in the photo is NOT tucked under anything.
Doesn't look like to me that the under seats are blocked 100%. Looks just like the install photo That gap should be plenty to allow whatever is coming out of those vents to do so freely.

The vent assy. they are referring to is the center hump vents as their install sheet says:
"IF YOUR RAM IS EQUIPPED WITH FRONT ROW BENCH SEATS, THE LINER WILL TUCK UNDER THE AIR VENTS THAT EXTEND OUT ONTO THE CENTER HUMP AREA IN THE BACK SEAT FLOOR"

Here is a photo of the product literature that says "tuck them beneath the underseat hvac outlet
That's not what that says at all.

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
Doesn't look like to me that the under seats are blocked 100%. Looks just like the install photo That gap should be plenty to allow whatever is coming out of those vents to do so freely.

The vent assy. they are referring to is the center hump vents as their install sheet says:
"IF YOUR RAM IS EQUIPPED WITH FRONT ROW BENCH SEATS, THE LINER WILL TUCK UNDER THE AIR VENTS THAT EXTEND OUT ONTO THE CENTER HUMP AREA IN THE BACK SEAT FLOOR"

That's not what that says at all.
You are absolutely correct. My center hump vents are 10-inches above the floor.
But they don't cover the floor vents, they are directly in front of them by 1 5/8" and allow all the air flow to exit...and hit a wall...and be completely ineffective. In the install photo the liners are flat on the floor but mine are floating high above it. Don't see heating them to 125 and leaving water buckets to help them fit.
You are correct on both accounts and I apologize for misunderstanding the directions showing an entirely different model truck.. one where the rear console is considerably closer to the massive dodge hump. I definitely wasn't typing calmly pre-return auth.

arx237

Reaction score
Dumb question maybe but did you take out the rear factory carpet mat? Yours look to be sitting a little higher than mine do and the front lip looks about the same height.

This is the husky xact in my mega bucket seat. It has no clearance issue at all.
20220602_164103.jpg

G’Dave

Reaction score
Return accepted, They are on their way back.

...And I'm back to carpet until I learn my lesson... I need to touch these damn things first. Going to look for 2500's and ask if I can feel up their floor mats.

Glad they accepted the return.
Hopefully no one will get offended when you try to feel their mats

• Haha
Reactions: CFE

Linked4door

Reaction score
Installed my new headache rack. It arrived a few weeks early. Sadly it blocks the cargo camera. The digital rear view camera is unobstructed though. I really hoped rhe "high" version would have cleared both. Now I need to decide if I want to cut the bars and re-weld them or relocate the camera. This thing is light as hell, I am pretty sure it weights less then the set of gatorback mudflaps I have. Or atleast close to it.

Attachments

• 20220602_204032.jpg
    20220602_204032.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220602_204006.jpg
    20220602_204006.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 92

G’Dave

Reaction score
Installed my new headache rack. It arrived a few weeks early. Sadly it blocks the cargo camera. The digital rear view camera is unobstructed though. I really hoped rhe "high" version would have cleared both. Now I need to decide if I want to cut the bars and re-weld them or relocate the camera. This thing is light as hell, I am pretty sure it weights less then the set of gatorback mudflaps I have. Or atleast close to it.

If it was mine, I'd pull it off, make appropriate modifications to the rack, and re-attach. Trying to relocate the OEM cargo camera is going to create other problems.

unclelala

Reaction score
First wash today. Did it with a garden hose, a bucket of soapy water, and a soft lint free rag. Dang these trucks are big!

View attachment 38896
This makes my washing the truck much easier. Its a Microfiber Wash Mop Head on a adjustable length handle especially doing the roof, hood, windshield and cover if you have one.988534_fa5fecdf206540619313b4932910c7a4~mv2.jpg 988534_f9a9b107b1d04458833c3a71cc1eef90~mv2.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally installed the Bulletpoint Rubigrid after prototyping 5 3d printed bases (stupid me for not making a pattern first, second, or 3rd time.) Sorry no pics yet.

Here's the base insert for the 12" setup: It sits in where the rubber liner comes out and nestles the Rubigrid base in and canted up in the front to clear the trim. I did flatten/straighten the Rubigrid base on each end to take out the odd shape they had.

Dropped if off at the dealer for the Y78 pump recall (bu-bye CP4) (had a better pic but can't find it right now)

1654287498360.jpeg

Got home and had to look up one of the swag parts Bulletpoint sent. LOL Silly me, I've been using my fingers (Ram Mounts).

1654284433584.png

Users who are viewing this thread