Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

Strange cluster behavior and possible power steering issue?

So I encountered a strange issue with my truck today. 2022 2500 Diesel, 65k miles. I was driving and all the sudden the service power steering light came on, along with a message in the message center. Power steering seem to work fine though. Then I got a message to service automatic emergency...
  2. W

US/Canada Mountain Road Snow Tire Requirements

I am trying to gather some information from those of you who live in or drive in the mountain west frequently. This isn't specifically RAM HD only question, but seems like great info for everyone. What does your state/province require for snow tires/traction tires and chains? I try to get out...
  3. W

Truck unsettled, rocks side to side over bumps - King 2.5 level kit

I have a Thuren 2.5 suspension on my truck and I am experiencing unsettled "rocking" side to side when i hit bumps. I don't know if this is what people refer to as "death wobble" - I always assumed that was wobble in the steering system, this feels more like it is concentrated in the rear end...
  4. W

Rear Bed Light Turns on Randomly?

Hi, I've been having a strange problem with my 22 Laramie, the rear bed light randomly seems to come on for no reason, it happens when I start the truck. Doesn't seem to happen once the truck is started, and once i manually turn it off, it doesn't come back on until the engine is power cycled...
  5. W

PSA: Running 2.5" shocks? Weld your shock mounts!!

PSA to everyone running 2.5" shocks, weld your axle shock mounts. They are only 1/2 welded to the axle, surely in an attempt for ram to save some money. Mine sheared right off while driving. Surely cold temps didn't help, idk why they weld this so poorly from the factory though
  6. W

Free - Bumper/Parts and fog light

Hi, I have a bumper I removed from my truck after I hit a deer. I have no idea if this has any value to anyone, but it is available for free if you want it. Figured I'd offer before taking it to the dump. The driver side is dented around the fog light. See pictures. The underlying frame...
  7. W

Alignment and poor tire wear - 37's

Hi, I have a question about alignment after putting larger tires on. This tire wear happened on my Ram, but I also observed the same thing on my previous truck - a GM 1500. I am assuming it isn't a solid axle thing. Earlier this year, I installed a thuren 2" level, had these 37x12.5r17 Kenda...
  8. W

Metal Cloak True Radius arms

Is anyone running these? Seems like the idea is that it allows for more articulation/less bind than stock radius arms. I don't see a lot of discussion about this product, but wondering how it compares to the power wagon style articulink. If you're running these, did you notice any difference...
  9. W

AC fuel transfer pump?

Anyone tried running a 120v AC fuel transfer pump from the inverter outlet in the bed? The ones I am seeing are claiming to be 180-240W, which is under the 400w stated limit on the inverter. Has anyone used this setup before? I would like to get one but I'm concerned the inrush current from...
  10. W

Big Brother Cummins

So I just bought a new fishing boat. Figured you folks on this site would appreciate this. She's got a 450hp 6CTA 8.3, fully mechanical engine, from Cummins Remanufacturing in 2020. No emissions nonsense, and seems to run really efficiently for a boat. Turbo's the size of a basketball haha. The...
  11. W

68RFE Shift RPM Flare, is this Normal?

I haven't really been a fan of how my '22 2500 ( with 10k miles on it) shifts, especially on the highway. Talking primarily unloaded, or with up to 1500lb weight in the bed, but not towing here. First off, it really likes to drop from 6th to 5th when accelerating, when it really doesn't feel...
  12. W

Service coupon? What's the catch?

So I got the service coupon for an oil change emailed to me today and I was wondering if anybody else has gotten one as well. Considering the coupon price is about the same as just the cost of the oil, and substantially lower than others report paying, I'm inclined to use it. It's been about 3...
  13. W

WTB: 19+ lower grille

Looking to buy a 2019+ lower grille. Turned a deer into mush last night and luckily this is the only damage. As I understand there are several versions of this part, I will need the one with tow hook cutouts and spots for the parking sensors.
  14. W

2022 Cummins Front Wheel Bearing failure in 3 months???

So I just brought my '22 2500 Diesel into the dealership for an alignment after installing a Thuren suspension kit and 37" tires. The dealer called me back to tell me that the truck's front wheel bearings were shot - and dangerously so. The vehicle only has 7000 total miles on it. The service...
  15. W

'22 Laramie 2500 Diesel Few issues

Hi, I've had my '22 truck for 1 month, and just rolled over 4000 miles. I've noticed a few issues, wondering if anyone else has run into these? Should I take it in for warranty or is it a waste of time? 2 of the items seem to be intermittent, so I highly doubt the dealer will be able to...
  16. W

Install Mopar power running boards

So when I ordered my Ram 2500 Laramie, I wanted to order the power deployable running boards but for some reason we forgot and it didn't get on the order. I'm now looking to add them, but there are substantially more expensive after the fact and they would have been to include with the order...
  17. W

Carli Pintop with Thuren Install, and still rides harsh?

Hi, I just finished installing a suspension system on my 2500 Cummins, and I am surprised at how harsh the suspension still is. I installed Thuren +2 front springs and the Thuren stock height mid-rate rear springs, along with Thuren track bar, and Thuren sway bar links. The shocks were Carli...
  18. W

First 500 mile impressions, LaneSense(less)?

So I picked up my 2500 Laramie night edition last Thursday and have since driven it 500 mi. Wanted to give some first impressions and talk about the "quirks and features." Overall I love the truck, what a massive upgrade, but there are a couple things I can't quite figure out. 1. Comfort, fit...
  19. W

Kenda Klever RT: Good for the Money, or Just Plain Good?

Anyone running Kenda Klever RT? They seem to be getting rave reviews online, but I am wondering about the context of these reviews. Are they good considering the price, or good at any price? These tires are CHEAP compared to other options in the "hybrid" tire segment. Specifically wondering...
  20. W

***SOLD*** Fox 2.5 Factory w/ DSC adjust Front Shocks for 2500 - New in Box 883-26-019

I bought these as they looked like they were going out of stock, but have since decided to go in a different direction with the truck. These fit stock height or leveled trucks, 2014+. Fox part number is 883-26-019 if you would like more information. Totally unused, never even opened the box. The...