Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. MikeXM

Parking brake switch stays ON

Where exactly is it located? Dash indicator stays ON even though brakes are released. It will eventually release itself until next time parking brake are used. Then it's stuck for a while once again. I wanna see if I can fix it before asking dealer.
  2. MikeXM

TPMS gone bad between two starts - Red screen now

This is the screen I now have. That happened after I stopped the engine for a minute and restarted. Everything was working perfectly before. I happened to be on that screen before stopping the engine. Now 5 sensors out of 6 are gone. I've driven 300 highway miles and several starts since then...
  3. MikeXM

Heated Seats/Steering Auto ON

Under a certain temperature, those two automatically turn ON when I start the truck. But I have 3 issues with that: 1. The seats starts at the high setting. This will burn your ass after a few minutes. I can't stand it. 2. It turns on automatically when it is not really needed. It should not...
  4. MikeXM

19'+ Dually Front vs Rear Wheel Caps

Looks like the Front and Rear caps are different on a dually. The Fronts sit flush when installed. But the Rears have a large air gap? Anyone knows why?
  5. MikeXM

Winter Tires - Post you tires pictures here!

I think a winter tires thread could be fun. Sorry for the southern guys, you are missing on the fun! Share your pictures and comments here.
  6. MikeXM

RV CDL requirement per state

Found this list. Might be useful information. See link below: https://www.campanda.com/magazine/rv-special-drivers-license-requirements/
  7. MikeXM

Squeak?

My truck has been very good so far. I have not noted any of the usual mechanical troubles listed on this forum. Fingers crossed! The only thing I can complain of is a small squeak from the rear end at random times. Anyone knows what that could be? I think it is suspension related, like maybe...
  8. MikeXM

Questions about fuel additives

New to the diesel game. I will add HSS EDT to every fill up. My questions: 1. If you don't have Rambox, where and how do you store your additive bottle? 2. How do you add it without making a mess? Thanks.
  9. MikeXM

New owner!

I'm officially the owner of a 2020 HO Mega Longhorn Dually! :D :D :D It's a beauty! Only mod so far is bed Bull Rings and Fuel caps. Next in line are leather ceramic coating, tracking system, bed cover, mud guards and Xpel film. edit: added a picture
  10. MikeXM

I'm joining back the club!

The pandemic had a strong negative effect on my business. So much that I had decided not to take possession of my factory ordered truck. Many weeks have passed since and I took the time to think things through. And finally, today, I went to the dealer to finalize the transaction. I will get my...
  11. MikeXM

Goodbye for Now

Well, it was fun for the time it lasted... But, I'm now officially a collateral victim of the COVID-19 pandemic. In almost a single week, my business lost about half of its customers for probably the next 6-12 months. That will hurt the bottom line like hell. So, I have to postpone the...
  12. MikeXM

Converting from Chrome to Night Edition

This guys has done it. He also listed all the part numbers. Here is a copy of the part numbers he used: Headlights: 68360178ac and 68360179ac Grille: 68443251aa Grille Inserts: 6nb35tzzab Cummins Badges: 68358494aa Hood Emblems: 68362211ac and 68362212ac Ram letters: 68358570aa Tail...
  13. MikeXM

2019 2020 3500 Dually 17in rear inner wheel

It seems like every vendors are lost with the change of RAM going to 8x200 for the new dually. I found a new 17x6.5 set of wheels to fit my new truck when it arrives (2 fronts and 2 rears). Only thing missing are the two inner steel wheels to complete the full set. I know it's supposed to be...
  14. MikeXM

2019+ DRW Offsets?

Anyone knows the offsets (-/+) of the new stock 17x6 8x200 dually wheels? Any sources out there? Google has failed on me. TIA
  15. MikeXM

New transmission coming to RAM HO? Allison or ZF to replace Aisin?

According to TFL guys, RAM is looking for a new transmission for the HO trucks. What do you think? Personally, I think that an Allison MADE (unlike the GM made with Allison stamp on it) would be one hell of marketing heaven for RAM. CUMMINS + ALLISON... Think about it... I can see them...
  16. MikeXM

No Anti-Spin Diff on 3500 SRW? Winter driving

Going from a 2500 to a 3500, I'll lose the anti-slip diff. In winter, this has been very useful. Anyone know why this is not an option on the 3500? Is the new traction control (my 2008 didn't had that) replaces the need of the anti-slip diff? Any feedback appreciated. TIA
  17. MikeXM

HO vs non-HO MPG

I've seen many reviews where it looks like there is no difference in MPG for both models, either loaded or empty. But I've never seen a direct comparison either so it is hard to know for sure. Anyone has seen such a review? Or have any info on the subject? TIA