Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS gone bad between two starts - Red screen now

MikeXM

Reaction score
This is the screen I now have. That happened after I stopped the engine for a minute and restarted. Everything was working perfectly before. I happened to be on that screen before stopping the engine. Now 5 sensors out of 6 are gone.

I've driven 300 highway miles and several starts since then. Nothing changes. Pretty sure its not the sensors as they were working perfectly and then 5 were gone a minute later. Still weird that one is still working (and updating). And the TPMS is not completely dead either.

Any idea what I can do before I call dealer?

20220721_184150~2.jpg

MikeXM

Reaction score
No one? What does it look like... Programming issue or hardware?

CdnHO

Reaction score
Hard to say. Clearly you won't lose five sensors at the same time so not likely a sensor problem. The system is still receiving one sensor so probably not a reception issue. You have already figured this out. Try pulling the fuse for that system, wait ten minutes or so and reinsert the fuse. Hopefully that will reset the system.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I can't locate a specific fuse for this system (TPIS). Looks like it is part of another circuit.
All I can find are trailer TPMS fuses (F87 and F94).

CdnHO

Reaction score
Try disconnecting both batteries for half hour and reconnect

MikeXM

Reaction score
I haven't got to disconnect the batteries yet but I kept think about it... Why 5 out of 6? It's so weird. It doesn't make any sense.

Until I remembered I have FIVE 3rd party sensors and one OEM on this set of wheels. And the OEM one is one of the inner wheels, like the one still working... So it gotta be these sensors somehow even though they have been working flawlessly last two summers.

I have an appointment at my installer tomorrow. I have no idea what would have cause this issue but im 95% sure it is related. We'll see.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Turns out my hunch was right. The 3rd party sensors were wiped and locked out from the truck. No known reasons. A standard relearning would not work in that case. They could see the exact time and date it happened. The installer said good thing they pay a FCA annual subscription to have access to FCA's online system. Basically they had to unlock the secured module of the truck, enter manually each sensor IDs and register them back at FCA so they don't wipe them next time the truck is pinged by FCA.

I didn't know that was a thing??? That is big brother stuff... He said many safety devices like TMPS and collision airbags are like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread