Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated Seats/Steering Auto ON

MikeXM

Reaction score
Under a certain temperature, those two automatically turn ON when I start the truck. But I have 3 issues with that:
1. The seats starts at the high setting. This will burn your ass after a few minutes. I can't stand it.
2. It turns on automatically when it is not really needed. It should not engage unless it is way cooler.
3. It doesn't turn off by itself.

So, every single time I use the truck during the cold season, I have to turn both OFF after a short drive. It is either too high or just not useful at some temperatures.

Is there a way to configure these to a custom setup?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
That would be nice. I just commented this morning that I wish mine would automatically come on at a warmer outside temp though. LOL It was in the mid-40s and didn't turn on.

My seat never gets too hot but my steering wheel does.

Spedly

Reaction score
Can you not adjust it in the Uconnect? I thought there was a setting for it

MikeXM

Reaction score
Can you not adjust it in the Uconnect? I thought there was a setting for it
I haven't see it if that's the case.

I thought that maybe AlphaOBD has some settings? Anyone knows?

jetrinka

Reaction score
Mine are set to auto-on but I haven't figured out (or looked in the manual) to find out what temp they supposedly turn on at. Seems random to me. Some cold mornings they are on and some they aren't. All remote start.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I believe it's below 40 and above 65 that they come on.

I haven't seen any setting for it, think its fixed.
I know when i was near Vegas this weekend and it was down to 35 in the morning, the seat and wheel heaters came on. And seat was on high.
I know when the Ac comes on, my seat comes on on low. May have to do with actual temp as to what level the seat comes on at.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I believe it's below 40 and above 65 that they come on.

I haven't seen any setting for it, think its fixed.
I know when i was near Vegas this weekend and it was down to 35 in the morning, the seat and wheel heaters came on. And seat was on high.
I know when the Ac comes on, my seat comes on on low. May have to do with actual temp as to what level the seat comes on at.
Interesting. I hadn't thought that the seat temp may have anything to do with it. Activation (at least in the cold weather) seem to be fairly random according to ambient temps in my truck. Some mornings I go out and its 36 degrees and no heaters are on, other mornings I go out and its in the low 40's and the seat heater, steering wheel heater, and blower motor are all on full blast.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Update: Just in case someone search for the same topic: it turns out that you can turn it off in the uConnect screen. Not sure how I missed it.
There is an option where you can set it to Never, Only when Remote Started or At Every Starts. It was set to Every Starts.
You can't change the trigger points though.
I set it to Remote Start which just makes sense as those are the very cold days. Other than those times, I don't need it ON.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread