Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

Dually valve stems

What’s the best kit for getting the valve stems easy to use on a dually? Want a U-shaped one for the inboard wheel and then turn the outboard one over by a lug so that both stems are right next to each other and easy to access. The stock setup is crap.
  2. W

@RamCares

We’ll I’m still waitin’. Crickets.
  3. W

@RamCares

How can I get in touch with someone in the Wake Forest/Raleigh, NC area regarding on ongoing issue I’ve been having with the local service department at the dealership? My 2022 2500 has a bad cargo camera for months now. First they ordered the wrong part (which took a month) and then, after...
  4. W

Banks setup

Yes. The truck already has sensors for all that. The tool just reads them via ob-ii.
  5. W

Banks setup

It just plugs into the obd-ii port. Like a scan tool.
  6. W

Banks setup

Here’s how I’ve got mine. Want to monitor the turbo temp. Which is the right number? EGT1/1 or EGT1/2? Or someone different?
  7. W

ZF 8-speed transmission service

My rule on slushboxes is 30k. Don’t care what the book says. It is impossible to overservice an automatic trans. Especially if you haul. I just had mine done today at 29,900 and it cost a ton. But dropping a dead trans would run $8-9k.
  8. W

Plug change interval?

Been hearing 30k miles. True? What’s a good plug and is there a good instructional video on how to get all 16? I’ve got a 2500 gasser at 29,900 miles.
  9. W

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Where do you go to find the updates for usb?
  10. W

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

I guess I don’t have the dipstick issue because mine is an HO with the Aisin transmission? the relay problem, i think, is the issue of crap getting behind it (water, salt, etc) and bridging the uncovered metal contacts which are directly connect to the double battery. They tried tape, then RTV...
  11. W

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

Was told by my local dealer that the relays are available but they are restricted to one order every seven days. He thinks that might change next month.
  12. W

Code U0422

My 2022 2500 gasser just threw a U0422 code. CEL came on and then went off after the next start. Pulled the code right away. Going to the dealer next Wednesday. Anything I should make sure they look for? I’m not driving the truck between now and then so the code should not clear on its own...
  13. W

Regens at alarming rate!

I’ve always added Pittsburgh Power Max Mileage and never see my DPF gauge move off of zero.
  14. W

So I’d expect parts to be available for my 2021 truck sometime around summer of 2024…
  15. W

So i disconnected the relay (again). The dealer did do the RTV thing (originally it had tape). Now it looks like this. We’ll see how long it takes to get parts. Given where I live (NC), does it make more sense to just remove the grid heater? And thus skip the dreaded bolt problem?
  16. W

So this has been re-recalled? I just got a note today saying bring it in again regardless of previous repair. Spring’s here. Time to disconnect the relay (again) until the “we can’t get parts” BS subsides.
  17. W

Low mileage 6.7

So the 2500 hemi is the daily driver, which leaves the 3500 Cummins at low usage right now. It’s only got 4500 miles on it. What should I do with the change intervals on oil, oil filter and fuel filters? Is the 12 months really that important? I live in NC.
  18. W

Safety inspection only?

They told me to park outside and they would inspect it “remotely”. 10 minutes and $13 later, I passed. I never left the vehicle. Works for me!
  19. W

Safety inspection only?

I‘m in NC. registration expires on my 2021 3500 6.7 HO end of this month. Needed an inspection to renew. Took it today and the shop gave it a safety inspection only. Didnt even plug a thing into the computer. Is that right? It was only $13 but I’m going to be pissed if I can’t renew my...
  20. W

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I did the same on my 2021 3500. ordered the Mopar one. Costs the same as the factory option. You just have to install it yourself. It’s pretty easy. I had to re-use one of the original bolts because I couldn’t get the provided one (which is a tad longer) to thread in without cross-threading...