Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low mileage 6.7

wolfpack

Reaction score
So the 2500 hemi is the daily driver, which leaves the 3500 Cummins at low usage right now. It’s only got 4500 miles on it. What should I do with the change intervals on oil, oil filter and fuel filters? Is the 12 months really that important? I live in NC.

Truckman

Reaction score
If it's under warranty I would follow what the book says regardless of miles. If out of warranty do whatever feels correct to you, as you are your own warranty station.

flan

Reaction score
Yea 12mo 15k is the interval if you expect them to warranty any engine oil related concerns. I’m in the same boat, do as I say not as I do ;)

jebruns

Reaction score
I am in this boat too. My 22 2500 is our tow vehicle, not a daily driver. Picked it up in early Oct/22 and it has just over 1000 miles on it now. Just not doing a lot of towing this time of year. It will get it's yearly oil change in early Oct of this year. Have the same issue with the Cummins in our diesel pusher. Some years, we don't put a lot of miles on it. But I still dump the 5+ gallons of oil and change all the filters yearly.

Users who are viewing this thread