Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

waveslayer

Reaction score
Banks are coming out with a tune in August? Derringer?
I was there last week on Thursday and Friday. According to the mechanic, sales rep and the front desk they are saying August. The new exhaust has been an issues because of all the variants there are with Ram, air ride, leafs, springs, etc.. they are testing what the heat will do to all those components.

mkmsr

Reaction score
Installed the bumper step I bought from another forum member. After seeing the OEM step... it's definitely more robust than the aftermarket ones.
Still kick myself in the@$$ for not adding it to the build to begin with.
0adf6f8e56bd0b2f52fe293de995b604.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

wolfpack

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from Gale Banks. Monster Air intake and boost tubes installed. I had the Pedal Monster done as well. So far I'm loving it! My MPG went up by 2, which was nice.

Noticeable difference with on the freeway acceleration, didn't do much surface driving, I'll have to get the CAI and their tune when it's out in August

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
What does the Banks air intake do to the factory warranty? Is it something that needs to wait until the truck is out of warranty?

wolfpack

Reaction score
Installed the bumper step I bought from another forum member. After seeing the OEM step... it's definitely more robust than the aftermarket ones.
Still kick myself in the@$$ for not adding it to the build to begin with.
0adf6f8e56bd0b2f52fe293de995b604.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I did the same on my 2021 3500. ordered the Mopar one. Costs the same as the factory option. You just have to install it yourself. It’s pretty easy. I had to re-use one of the original bolts because I couldn’t get the provided one (which is a tad longer) to thread in without cross-threading. Second, the step would catch a little bit on the plastic trim around the underside of the bumper so I had to whittle that back using a utility knife. Again, no big deal. Works great and is solid. Fat boys can stand on it!

Last edited:

saltonbuoy

Reaction score
Anyone have some good recommendations for fixed side steps? I forgot to add them to the original build request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linked4door

Reaction score
Got rid of the tonneau cover to make room for the transfer tank I just installed. Also repositioned the tool chest so I can still lock up stuff. Also added links for the shovel and ax now that it's all exposed. Also got rid of the 12' fuel line that came with the pump and upgraded to a 20ft line. Should make filling these generators for work much easier.

Attachments

• 20220629_192630.jpg
    20220629_192630.jpg
    850.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20220629_192636.jpg
    20220629_192636.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 129

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Oil and filter change #2, switched from PUP to the Hemi honey……., 7 quarts of Redline and the “big” Royal Purple filter (20-820)

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Also swapped out the standard steering gear for the gear with torque overlay, with the intention of incorporating comma.ai.
A few other features I incorporated are 2022 digital rear view mirror with both cameras, ttpms, and trailer surround view wiring out back to the 12/7 trailer connector.
Finally got the newly added driver assist module (for adaptive cruise control) calibrated. After the dealership tech and safelite weren’t able to do it, I had to take matters into my own hands, and break out a micropod and wiTECH subscription, and do it myself.
After that, I was able to get the Comma.ai set up and working:
B3DA004F-E954-4039-8252-3C8FF169C923.jpeg

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Finally got the newly added driver assist module (for adaptive cruise control) calibrated. After the dealership tech and safelite weren’t able to do it, I had to take matters into my own hands, and break out a micropod and wiTECH subscription, and do it myself.
After that, I was able to get the Comma.ai set up and working:
View attachment 40388
Who’s build are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread