Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks setup

wolfpack

Reaction score
Here’s how I’ve got mine. Want to monitor the turbo temp. Which is the right number? EGT1/1 or EGT1/2? Or someone different?image.jpg

oilnewby

Reaction score
Can you help me understand how this works? did you have to install sensors for everything or does it run off of factory sensors?

wolfpack

Reaction score
All the EGT and other data is pulled via the OBDII port? I thought sensores had to be installed which is why I never did it.
Yes. The truck already has sensors for all that. The tool just reads them via ob-ii.

SpeyRam

Reaction score
Its a good OBD2 reader. Small, well made easy to program, and cheaper than an Edge CTS3. The A-pillar pod mount is also nice but pricey from Banks. I saw a guy who was 3D printing similar pod mounts on eBay which is worth checking out.

IMG_7739.jpeg

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Reaction score
What is the hottest you guys have seen EGT's when working the truck?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, ok. That is not very hot at all TBH.

For post turbo EGT’s that’s about as hot as you want to see. When I ran a pre & post pyro I would see ~10° difference per psi of boost, so 1000° on EGT1 could easily be 1350° pre-turbo. The EGT1 sensor is also further down the down-pipe that I ran a post turbo sensor which will decrease temps.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
For post turbo EGT’s that’s about as hot as you want to see. When I ran a pre & post pyro I would see ~10° difference per psi of boost, so 1000° on EGT1 could easily be 1350° pre-turbo. The EGT1 sensor is also further down the down-pipe that I ran a post turbo sensor which will decrease temps.

That sounds much more like it. I was expecting 13-1400.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Does the stock egt sensor pull from post turbo? It was my understanding you always wanted your pyro in the manifold before the turbo....

MtnRider

Reaction score
Does the stock egt sensor pull from post turbo? It was my understanding you always wanted your pyro in the manifold before the turbo....

Yes, the probe closest to turbo is in the downpipe, post turbo. Then there are others further down the pipe of course. A stock truck will never get into the "danger" zone for EGT's so there is no need to put one in the manifold.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

There are pro’s and con’s to each location and pre-turbo is often easier to use but a post-turbo is also very useful. I wouldn’t be drilling and tapping the manifold just to get a pre-turbo reading on a stock, or close to stock, truck.

Users who are viewing this thread