Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Sponge60

Power Wagons on the Beach

Power wagons on the beach? Kill Devil Hills Ocean Rescue swears by them. This is a Facebook reel from that agency. Enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/reel/1972411866458707?mibextid=oPQ6ps&s=yWDuG2&fs=e
  2. Sponge60

Device Not Recognized

Hopped in the truck for a trip to VA. Noticed that Android Auto didn't show up when I plugged the phone in. Tried a few things, like rebooting the phone, check for updates and even stopping the truck and cut it off for a few minutes during a pit stop. As far as I can tell, Google did an update...
  3. Sponge60

Whats Missing Here?

This is the driver's side mirror on my 21 3500 Laramie. I swear I don't remember seeing this before. Is something missing? A cap or cover?
  4. Sponge60

Rams on the Beach

Sharing a cool picture of Kill Devil Hills Ocean Rescue's Ram 2500s. Driven on the beach daily.
  5. Sponge60

A Good Weight Distribution Video

Ran across this useful video on weight distribution. Good explanation and presentation.
  6. Sponge60

Hard Downshifts

I've noticed my 3500 SO downshifts into 2nd gear really hard occasionally. It's happened while towing a fifth wheel RV and during normal unloaded trips. Happens infrequently. Only happens going back into second. I usually keep the exhaust brake on all the time. Truck is bone stock, 9500...
  7. Sponge60

Fleet Availability

Anyone know if there will be government fleet vehicles available this year?
  8. Sponge60

Chime Volume

Is there a setting to reduce the chime warning for seatbelts and such? Our Gladiator has that option, but I can't seem to find it on the Ram. I use my seatbelt, but wanted to see if that was possible.
  9. Sponge60

Door Edge Guard

Anybody find a specific clear door edge guard for Ram's? I know there is cut to size products, but didn't know if there was one designed and cut for product specific doors. Dinging the edge is only a matter of time. :oops:
  10. Sponge60

Rain Sensing Wipers

I've never owned a vehicle with rain sensing wipers. I have the option enabled in settings, but ran through some rain the other day and they never activated. How much or how heavy does rain have to be?
  11. Sponge60

My First Impression

Took delivery of my 21 RAM yesterday. Ordered it in May. Coming out of a Chevy 3500, I'd like to share my first impressions as a new RAM owner. Would also enjoy reading some of your impressions on your RAM. First noticeable difference was the ride quality. Chevy's torsion bar system feels...
  12. Sponge60

Console mount phone holder.

Would like to see pics of some of your phone mounts. Particularly those that have mounted your phone in the center console area. On my Silverado, proclip made a mount that attached to the side of the console. Very convenient place I thought. I've seen the upper dash mounts, but not a fan...
  13. Sponge60

Interior Lights Stay On

Well, my Ram finally came in. Took a ride to the dealer to see it, take some measurements for my fifth wheel, and then a spin around the block before it goes to prep. I noticed that the interior lights stayed on. I adjusted the switch to the left of the steering column, made sure the doors...
  14. Sponge60

Locked and Running

Haven't purchased a Ram yet, but hoping someone can answer this for me. Can you leave the truck running, lock it and walk away? The reason I ask is that our dog goes a lot of places with us and is usually left in the truck with heat or a/c depending on weather. In my Chevy, with a traditional...
  15. Sponge60

New to the Ram Universe

Greetings from the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I've been considering buying a Ram 3500. This forum has been a very good place to answer a few questions I had. Leaning towards ordering a truck, since there are almost zero Rams out there equipped the way I would like. Reading honest...