Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device Not Recognized

Sponge60

Reaction score
Hopped in the truck for a trip to VA. Noticed that Android Auto didn't show up when I plugged the phone in. Tried a few things, like rebooting the phone, check for updates and even stopping the truck and cut it off for a few minutes during a pit stop.

As far as I can tell, Google did an update for Android Auto, and it caused a glitch. I tried to uninstall the last update, bit it still won't connect and says Device Not Recognized. Anyone else having an issue?

I have the 8.4 with nav.

blbrown

Reaction score
Hopped in the truck for a trip to VA. Noticed that Android Auto didn't show up when I plugged the phone in. Tried a few things, like rebooting the phone, check for updates and even stopping the truck and cut it off for a few minutes during a pit stop.

As far as I can tell, Google did an update for Android Auto, and it caused a glitch. I tried to uninstall the last update, bit it still won't connect and says Device Not Recognized. Anyone else having an issue?

I have the 8.4 with nav.
Have you tried a new USB cable?

Sponge60

Reaction score
I haven't. This cord is less than a year old and a good quality. I'll certainly try another to rule that out.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Try another cord. But fyi.

I had a few issues with android auto failure to launch and an issue if I turned the truck on with phone plugged in, every few times it would forget Bluetooth connection and I would have to do a full re pair.

Coincidentally switched to iPhone and never had an issue since.

So I do agree it’s an android issue and probably not a radio issue

Riccochet

Reaction score
This has happened to me before. 100% an issue on the phone. You can try clearing the Android Auto cache, uninstalling and reinstalling AA. Sometimes that works, sometimes not. I've had it go a week without working, then magically it just starts working again when nothing has changed, no update to AA.

Spencer

Reaction score
I to am experiencing this exact same thing. Not sure what the heck is going on with the AA / Uconnect 2500-2023 model either. But hopefully it gets resolved. I've only owned my 2023 with the 8.4 for close to a month and I'm very disappointed. Probably going to get in touch with my dealership and have them check it out. Showing it's connected to Bluetooth wireless but with a black screen having no way to see anything on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread