Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Southernspeed

Inflating tires ... yes really!

I never thought I'd be asking advice on inflating my tires! 2021 dually. Those pesky capless valve stem things... I really struggle to adjust my tire pressure today. I let air out in '21 when I bought the truck as it had the factory 450 psi all around but I've never had to fill them, until now...
  2. Southernspeed

Heater Matrix Death Bolt Thing!

I was unaware of this problem but it’s kind of worrying to say the least. The more I read, the more I worry! If I were to switch to a Banks Monster intake on my ‘21 HO, would it void the warranty? I’m surprised this hasn’t been a recall item, or is it not actually such a big problem as the...
  3. Southernspeed

Fuel filters on '21 3500

Admittedly I'm no stranger to my tool box, never have been, but I'm also no spring chicken. I did my first fuel filter change today, front and back. Watched a couple of youtube vids and went for it. I didn't time myself but I reckon it took 30-45 mins (not knowing what I was doing and also not...
  4. Southernspeed

Oh the joys of main dealers (NOT)

I took my truck ('21 3500 DRW HO, steel wheels) into the local dealership to have the wheel stud safety recall done but also asked them to check a noisy (loud clunk) wiper system, do a six wheel rotation and reprogram the TPIS to TPMS (which I'd read could be done but don't know for sure?) and a...
  5. Southernspeed

Transfer case says it's shifting to 4x4

My wife was driving our 2021 3500 HO dually( 10,000 miles on the clock). She'd done about 100 miles and stopped at a store for something, when she restarted the truck the dash display started flashing and said 'initiating 4 wheel drive' or something like that (she can't remember exactly but I...
  6. Southernspeed

Exhaust brake.

My first truck with an exhaust brake. Watching the gauge , it looks like it can apply a few hundred horsepower of braking force. Question is, is it detrimental to the engine? How much extra wear does it cause (if any)? Initially I only used it when hauling but have since found it a great driver...
  7. Southernspeed

FA-4, yay or nay?

Getting ready for my first oil change (2021 6.7 HO) It seems the latest Rotella oils are FA-4 yet FCA calls for CK-4. Is it ok to use T5 Ultra 10w30 FA-4 CES20087?
  8. Southernspeed

Help out an old man technophobe!

My 2016 worked perfectly with my iPhone 6s. Plugged in or not I could play music, podcasts, make/take calls etc. I've just traded it in for a 2021 with the same 5" system. For the first few days it worked just like my old system then, with no changes/updates, it now won't play when plugged in...
  9. Southernspeed

Out with the old ......

...in with the new! Traded my 2016 2500 Hemi for a '21 3500 HO Cummins. It started working for a living this weekend! The gas 2500 was a very capable truck but 3500 and that Cummins is amazing.
  10. Southernspeed

New to forum...

Hey. I've had a 2016 2500 6.4 Hemi since new, been a great truck but am looking at trading it in on a new Cummins 2500 so I'll be doing a lot of reading on here to see if I'm making the right choice!