Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forum...

Southernspeed

Reaction score
Hey. I've had a 2016 2500 6.4 Hemi since new, been a great truck but am looking at trading it in on a new Cummins 2500 so I'll be doing a lot of reading on here to see if I'm making the right choice!

Attachments

• IMG_8058.JPG
    IMG_8058.JPG
    911.3 KB · Views: 17

whitexc

Reaction score
Welcome. Looks like you would benefit from the diesel power but it is nice to see a gas truck being worked the way you are. Best of luck with your decision.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Southernspeed

Reaction score
Welcome to HDRams!

If you read enough, you will find the 2500 diesel trucks don't have much in the way of payload. You might start thinking about a 3500.
I'd heard that and had considered a 3500 (not a dually though) but I'd also heard they're quit a 'firm' ride unloaded? I tend to tow rather than put heavy loads in the bed but I guess that translates to tongue weight (gooseneck) too.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Some 2500 owners have complained about some tail-wagging doing bumper pull. The coils sit a ways inboard where leaf springs or even supplemental air springs are mounted which can make them a little more unstable. If you tow with a 2500, I'd at least plan on adding a supplemental air-lift system to it, if not for increase (not legal) payload, but for extra stability.

My 3500 certainly rides better than my 04.5 2500 did (both leaf sprung) but the 2020 is a smidge heavier and a lot newer. I would say go drive em both before deciding.

Users who are viewing this thread