Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh the joys of main dealers (NOT)

Southernspeed

Reaction score
I took my truck ('21 3500 DRW HO, steel wheels) into the local dealership to have the wheel stud safety recall done but also asked them to check a noisy (loud clunk) wiper system, do a six wheel rotation and reprogram the TPIS to TPMS (which I'd read could be done but don't know for sure?) and a state inspection. Three days later I get a text saying 'good to go'. When I get there the lady said I owe $20 for the inspection and the wheel studs passed inspection. "what about the other jobs?" I asked. Another guy was called and he said the tires had equal tread depth so they didn't rotate them as they would have to dismount all tires to do it (I argued that they are steel wheels with non directional tires ) but he just shrugged. He then said they couldn't reprogram TPIS to TPMS as the wheels would need an accessory monitoring kit installed on each one. Any know if this is fact? I'd really like a warning chime/lamp like my old 2500 rather than having to watch the actual pressures on the dash display.
Oh yeah, and the noisy wipers .... they changed the wiper arms and blades and called it good. Same noise as before, maybe 'slightly' quieter.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You can cange the tpis to tpms with alfaobd

Users who are viewing this thread