Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help out an old man technophobe!

Southernspeed

Reaction score
My 2016 worked perfectly with my iPhone 6s. Plugged in or not I could play music, podcasts, make/take calls etc. I've just traded it in for a 2021 with the same 5" system. For the first few days it worked just like my old system then, with no changes/updates, it now won't play when plugged in. On the screen you'll still see the music details or podcast page, you can pause, play, skip etc but no audio. If you unplug it, it has audio. I've done the whole 'forget device', turned off etc etc. Maybe I just need to hire a 12 yr old to show me how it works but in the mean time ... anyone got any useful suggestions?

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
Try restarting on the phone. Try “forgetting” the truck on your phones settings. Is the volume turned up on the phone when playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
Done all that .... several times! But thanks anyway.

Maybe a factory reset on your Uconnect, and then on your phone you can do a reset of all connection settings, sometimes it’s just required to get things back to working order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEGA-HO

Reaction score
Sometimes if the button is paused you can’t turn up the volume. I know that’s true on my old truck. Also I’m not sure what software update is on you iPhone or even what iPhone device you have IE IPhone 6,8,10 or whatever but if you looki up per your phone and do a soft reset on the phone should help you out.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Couple things you can try:

--Select the USB symbol as your source on the media menu (sounds like youre stuck on bluetooth)
--Turn up the volume on the phone
--Be sure to open the phone up while it's plugged into the truck
--Turn off the bluetooth on your phone to try and force it to play over the USB

Users who are viewing this thread