Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by StormTrooper3500

1. S

Nexen Tires (factory installed)

My OEM Nexans were toast by 17k miles, fronts were gone gone and real duals were less than 40%, with 2k miles of towning
  2. S

Convex Main Mirror Upgrade?

The new mirror design for 2023 is pretty sick and telescopes now, but I doubt it will be an easy swap if you want all the functionality
  3. S

What does a Limited have over a similarly configured Laramie to justify the extra $5k?

From what I can tell, the leather on the Laramie is similar to Toyota's Softex, a durable leather-like material. I use a couple different conditioners in the truck for that and the alcantara sides, and its held up pretty well with my fatass in the seat. I also try not to wear jeans as much as...
  4. S

22 2500 CP???

Yeap, they ditched the CP4 for the 21+ trucks.
  5. S

Uconnect update for Radio and Rear Camera

Its currently at the dealership with a star case in progress, I'll DM shortly
  6. S

Uconnect update for Radio and Rear Camera

Me, my radio ended up with a corrupted update and has been doing stupid **** like not allowing me to use the pandora stations, not saving my sirius subscription, constantly showing "Updating blahblahblah.js" at the bottom, etc. Dealer is replacing the radio under warranty.
  7. S

Where to find TTPMS parts?

IIRC, wasn't the TPMS system discontinued?
  8. S

How do Ram headlights compare? Halogen vs reflector LED vs projector LED

I like the Laramie LEDs, but compared to my previous truck with 50w HIDs inside projectors, the LEDs dont have enough throw and wash out on wet asphalt. I find driving with the LED fog lights pretty crucial, but I'm going to try some amber film from Lamin-x on the fogs and see if that improves...
  9. S

Front and Rear Collision waring on startup

Mine has been doing this a few times after someone backing into my front bumper. His insurance refused to pay for new sensors until I got videos of the truck doing wonky ****, and dealership noticed ground faults in the 2 middle sensors. Finally getting them replaced when the parts come in, but...
  10. S

USB full of media

It should accept most formats, but playlists were a pain. I ended up using Winamp to make working playlists, but it was a bit of a chore to manually do everything. Make sure file names are formatted correctly and without special characters, since that proved to be an issue when I was first...
  11. S

SiriusXM canceled my Travel Link/Traffic trial by accident and won't reinstate

So while tracking down an issue with my radio being corrupted, I had to cancel my subscription for the music portion. Even after explicitly stating I only wanted to cancel the music portion, I realized they canceled everything, including the 4 years I had left on Travel Link and Traffic. After...
  12. S

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

First world problems I know but..... The delay in the automatic side steps is pretty damn annoying, and I forget just about every time I get out of the truck. I wish they were quicker but hey.
  13. S

Anyone with a dually night edition have paint damage from the OEM weights?

Unfortunately my truck came delivered with the clip on weights. It was only this one wheel damaged but it still sucks that Ram would offer this with no way to prevent damage @RamCares is there any course of action here? It's really disheartening to have this package available and then told...
  14. S

Dealer practices: fuel filter with oil change on Cummins?

This was my experience as well, even with the oil change being one of the 4 freebies.