Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

el_barto

Reaction score
I doubt it, since I sent them the part numbers and pictures. When I was researching part numbers on the MOPAR sites, the only difference in part numbers were: no defrost / BSM, with defrost, and with defrost + BSM. Of course, I only looked up part numbers for the 2019-current generations. I wonder if the motor difference is for the 4th gen mirrors....
You might be right…that seems like resonable logic. Maybe the No defrost/No BSM are the different mounting ones…guess we’ll find out

Jsboening

Reaction score
Website states they are for 19-22’ model years. Is it safe to assume they will work with a 22’?

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I have no issue with the mirrors, as with anything, theres a learning curve. But when I bought my 04.5, the first thing I did was to upgrade to the then current OE towing mirrors. The general ordering system that Dodge had at that time for mass deliveries to the Dealers, kept the standard mirrors on a 2500, that was ready to tow heavy. I know this because I saw the 2500 at one Dealer and went to my Dealer to buy the exact same copy of the truck. But it had small mirrors that were used on 1500's. A buddy of mine bought a used 2014 Laramie 2500 rental truck that was ordered with the standard mirrors, and his first upgrade was to buy the OE towing mirrors. Is there room for improvement? yes. Would I consider another manufacture? No

el_barto

Reaction score
I have no issue with the mirrors, as with anything, theres a learning curve. But when I bought my 04.5, the first thing I did was to upgrade to the then current OE towing mirrors. The general ordering system that Dodge had at that time for mass deliveries to the Dealers, kept the standard mirrors on a 2500, that was ready to tow heavy. I know this because I saw the 2500 at one Dealer and went to my Dealer to buy the exact same copy of the truck. But it had small mirrors that were used on 1500's. A buddy of mine bought a used 2014 Laramie 2500 rental truck that was ordered with the standard mirrors, and his first upgrade was to buy the OE towing mirrors. Is there room for improvement? yes. Would I consider another manufacture? No
The flat glass on passenger side takes bit of getting used to. I switched from normal to tow mirrors on my last truck and it was a big change as a driver and took a bit of learning curve to figure out exactly where cars were relative to the back of my truck (even though I was already familiar with the truck).

The issue I think most people have with the Ram tow mirrors is that when folded down for normal driving, the convex mirrors are “facing the wrong way”…in that the field of view is mostly vertical which doesn’t really help much. Yes you can adjust them to nearly eliminate blind spots, but being a big, tall truck, it is easy for a car to nearly disappear next to you, or be in a spot you will be in when you change lanes. I think these “slightly” convex/wide angle mirrors will help give a “bigger picture” that makes it easier to see everything going beside and Behind you in a quick glance. I will May even try just the passenger side only first, because that would be more “normal” like most passenger cars.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Yes. But probably not 23 since it looks like they are getting a new mirror design
I would wait then to see if the 23's are better, and if they will bolt up to MY 19 - 22, like the 3rd gen can fit on the 2nd gens.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
The flat glass on passenger side takes bit of getting used to. I switched from normal to tow mirrors on my last truck and it was a big change as a driver and took a bit of learning curve to figure out exactly where cars were relative to the back of my truck (even though I was already familiar with the truck).

The issue I think most people have with the Ram tow mirrors is that when folded down for normal driving, the convex mirrors are “facing the wrong way”…in that the field of view is mostly vertical which doesn’t really help much. Yes you can adjust them to nearly eliminate blind spots, but being a big, tall truck, it is easy for a car to nearly disappear next to you, or be in a spot you will be in when you change lanes. I think these “slightly” convex/wide angle mirrors will help give a “bigger picture” that makes it easier to see everything going beside and Behind you in a quick glance. I will May even try just the passenger side only first, because that would be more “normal” like most passenger cars.
That's exactly my issue with the OE tow mirrors. Yea you can get them just about right when folded down, but the user experience isn't great. Going back to them on this truck reminds me so much why I jumped at the GM style from boost auto parts on the 4th gen.

Give me a telescoping mirror like Ford/GM that is in the correct orientation and I'm set (Even more so after my last neck surgery). I'll eventually order a set of '23 mirrors once they've been out for a while and someone does the homework on retrofitting them into our trucks so the Suma's are a stop gap for me. Every other HD truck/larger vehicle I may otherwise jump in (save for the other 2500 in the family) has what I consider better mirrors with the vertical configuration which isn't just a preference thing. If I'm backing into a weird spot or I have to do a tight turn near a fence post at the property, I want that spotter on the bottom giving me a wide view. In that regard the 360 cameras are nice, but I still like having a more usable mirror setup (for my needs) without having to have my antlers out.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I would wait then to see if the 23's are better, and if they will bolt up to MY 19 - 22, like the 3rd gen can fit on the 2nd gens.
The 3rd gen mirrors do not bolt on the 2nd gens the base to the door is different. The 2nd gens had oem filp tow mirrors too at the start of 98 i believe they are the same glass style but the arms are different… the new mirrors will bolt on im sure as the doors are the same shape unless they reinforced the doors or changed the bolt pattern then only the electronics would be the questing of fitment

Uabmedic200

Reaction score
Just to double verify, the link says 18-21 2500. This set WILL FIT my 2022 2500 ram with the flip-up tow mirrors, correct?

snayte

Reaction score
Anyone heard how long it might before the mirrors ship?

c141flyer

Reaction score
Maybe it’s because I am using my iPhone screen, but where is the link to order the mirror ?

Reaction score
That's exactly my issue with the OE tow mirrors. Yea you can get them just about right when folded down, but the user experience isn't great. Going back to them on this truck reminds me so much why I jumped at the GM style from boost auto parts on the 4th gen.

Give me a telescoping mirror like Ford/GM that is in the correct orientation and I'm set (Even more so after my last neck surgery). I'll eventually order a set of '23 mirrors once they've been out for a while and someone does the homework on retrofitting them into our trucks so the Suma's are a stop gap for me. Every other HD truck/larger vehicle I may otherwise jump in (save for the other 2500 in the family) has what I consider better mirrors with the vertical configuration which isn't just a preference thing. If I'm backing into a weird spot or I have to do a tight turn near a fence post at the property, I want that spotter on the bottom giving me a wide view. In that regard the 360 cameras are nice, but I still like having a more usable mirror setup (for my needs) without having to have my antlers out.

The new mirror design for 2023 is pretty sick and telescopes now, but I doubt it will be an easy swap if you want all the functionality

Users who are viewing this thread