Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone with a dually night edition have paint damage from the OEM weights?

Reaction score
Had to replace the factory Nexan garbage this weekend, and noticed one of my rear wheels had a nice gouge in the paint down to bare metal and peeling clear coat, and it looks like its from the factory installed clip-on weight. You can see a dirt outline from where the weight was, and the damage is right smack in the middle of it. Has anyone dealt with this? The damage is only on one wheel, the other 3 look unscathed. I'm waiting for a day off to take the truck to the dealer for them to look at, but this doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the choice to spend the $2000 for the package.

Attachments

• PXL_20220612_134441878.jpg
    PXL_20220612_134441878.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20220612_134440187.jpg
    PXL_20220612_134440187.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 31

CdnHO

Reaction score
Not sure why they used hammer on weights on aluminum rims. As soon as you hammer then on the clear coat is damaged.

Firebird

Reaction score
That really sucks, but every night edition dually I see, has the same wheel damage from the weights. When I got my new wheels, I told them stick on weights only, I did not want the lip damaged

Reaction score
That really sucks, but every night edition dually I see, has the same wheel damage from the weights. When I got my new wheels, I told them stick on weights only, I did not want the lip damaged

Unfortunately my truck came delivered with the clip on weights. It was only this one wheel damaged but it still sucks that Ram would offer this with no way to prevent damage

@RamCares is there any course of action here? It's really disheartening to have this package available and then told factory damage is my problem.

Reactions: CFE

GPurcell01

Reaction score
helpful..... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately my truck came delivered with the clip on weights. It was only this one wheel damaged but it still sucks that Ram would offer this with no way to prevent damage

@RamCares is there any course of action here? It's really disheartening to have this package available and then told factory damage is my problem.

Like I said... par for the course since all are delivered that way. Dealer probably won't do anything so use a black sharpie like already suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread