Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by I Love Grits

1. I

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

Those same operating procedures and maintenance requirements affect the powertrain too, right? But powertrain has a 100K mile warranty… I’m not sure who you think would know a system better than the person who designs it? You’re also making the assumption that those individuals are unable to...
  2. I

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

Not to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, but if the system was designed to easily achieve >100K miles, why are those that know the inner workings of the system of a whole, far better than other of us (unless there are FCA engineers on this forum), only comfortable warranting...
  3. I

Trouble locating cause of vibration

If you find a road force machine at a shop: Tell them to turn off “smart weight” and balance it dynamically. If the balancer screen says “OK” at the end, they used smartweight. It’s an option in the software to minimize weight usage in order for shops to save money. So if 2 ounces are needed...
  4. I

Trouble locating cause of vibration

Where are you located? I got fed up with incompetent tire shops not being able to fix my issue so I found a used hunter road force balancer and did them myself. Lo and behold, it was a balancing issue all along You can come by and we can balance if you’re in DFW, TX anytime
  5. I

Symptoms of bad DPF Sensor? 100% full suddenly and nothing on CTS Edge 3?

Not sure what interface you like, but I run the obdlink with gauges in the “dashboard” page and can pull in g/l
  6. I

Lets see what you are towing!

Recycling some demo’d concrete
  7. I

Recon Grapplers vs Ridge Grapplers

Not sure of the window of a defect claim, if there’s one at all. Would probably depend more on the shop you get them through going to bat for you. Depending on the size you’re after, the toyos might not be available. They were, and are, my first choice but can’t get them in a 37x18 the few...
  8. I

They don’t have a warranty.
  9. I

DFW TX Folks - Anyone have stock wheels/tires sitting around?

Anyone in the DFW area have their stock wheel/tire setups sitting around? I sold mine a year ago when I put on the Carli leveling kit & 37s. I've got a vibration I'm unable to track down and would like to throw the stock setup back on and drive down the road for 5 minutes to isolate whether its...
  10. I

SOLD: Carlie 14-18 Ram2500 Fox 2.0 Leveling Kit and Adj Track bar

Wish you would’ve found it a year ago… good deal
  11. I

That helps me to know which way to go, thanks! You able to recoup any of the cost on the nittos? Feels wasteful to chunk a tire with that much tread left but I guess if it’s not balancing it might be the right thing to do.
  12. I

How many miles when you dumped the grapplers? I have 20K on mine and am running into the same issue that they can’t seem to get them balanced. Road noise is definitely louder than original as well. You have similar issues with the at3s? They were out of stock when I was tire shopping...
  13. I

4% Under Invoice on any Retail order HD Ram Truck

Do you sell Chassis Cab trucks?
  14. I

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Not the OP, but I had one that I sent back because the seal/fitment was unacceptable. Loved it on my 1500 but the 2 piece rail design just doesn’t lend itself to a quality fit.
  15. I

TPMS in aftermarket wheels & tires

Pull them off the stock setup and install on the aftermarket stuff.