Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS in aftermarket wheels & tires

bamnq6

Reaction score
Good morning all-

I did a bit of searching this AM, but really only found details for TTPMS...

I should be receiving my new Method 704 HDs later this week, I've got a line on a new set of 37' Toyos (wahoo!). I'm trying to get all the other bits and bobs squared away. I've got aftermarket wheel compitable lug nuts headed this way from CJC Offroad. Center Caps should be with the wheels.

What’s the best approach for TPMS in the new wheels/tires? I’m a bit confused by the Mopar catalog having 2 PN options:

View attachment 45665
View attachment 45666
  • 68378369AF
    • Tire Pressure Sensor
    • Includes Nut. Vehicle TPM Sensor, Single. Front.
  • 68510390AA
    • Trailer TPM Sensor, Single.
No6 looks like the parts for dually wheels, but I'm not sure what's the dif between 4 & 5?

Any advice? I’d like to stick to OEM Parts if possible.

Thanks for your help,
Bamnq6

bamnq6

Reaction score
I'd rather not pay the extra cash for dismount, remount, and valve stems of the Original factory stuff. There's also a risk that the OEM wheels and 33's might go back on for a Xcountry towing venture later this year.

Finally, I'm ~2.5 years into the TPMS battery life so it seems logical for me to just put in new gear in the the new gear....

Users who are viewing this thread