Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Camper99

1. Camper99

No

Welcome! East or West River?
  2. Camper99

Your four-legged friends

Gus and Murphy in "their" chair though I think Murphy does not always appreciate the weighted blanket.
  3. Camper99

Best Jayco Travel Trailer Cover ?

I've had good luck with ADCO All Climate + Wind Designer Tyvek covers. They will wear in the corners, but I had a cover that was used during four winters that was good enough to be sold with the trailer. The wind can be tough on them, so check the cover frequently.
  4. Camper99

Leaking Shock

Last December my 2021 3500 CTD with around 10k miles had a leaking front shock. The wait for me was getting the part. I was also reticent to replace the OEM shocks so soon and opted to wait for the RAM replacement - I guess from a principles point of view. Hopefully you will experience a...
  5. Camper99

The Other Vehicle

6. Camper99

Diesel runaway

This is from the manual for my 2021 3500: In case of engine runaway due to flammable fumes from fuel spills or turbocharger oil leaks being sucked into the engine, do the following to help avoid personal injury and/or vehicle damage: 1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. 2. Using a...
  7. Camper99

Help a new wanna be Ram owner out please...

I've had a 2021 3500 Laramie Megacab with the standard output Cummins for one year and 5 days today. This was an upgrade from a 2014 F-150 with the turbo charged V6. To me, I think you are in 3500 territory given the possibility of a travel trailer upgrade. We tow a 6000lb trailer now, and I...
  8. Camper99

Mega cab owners

My 2021 Laramie has only the driver's side. Maybe it is trim level dependent.
  9. Camper99

Payload site

This site works for looking up my VIN (US truck). https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing/towing-guide.html#/landing/bytowing
  10. Camper99

Bad shock on new 2021 2500

My 2021 3500 with about 10,000 miles has a leaking front shock. I noticed a couple of oil spots in the garage last weekend. They were not there the week before. I have a service appointment set for later this month to deal with the grid heater relay recall and plan to embark on the shock...
  11. Camper99

How do you transport your dogs

Our longer trips include five humans (kids are 16, 13 and 10), a 5yr old Lab, a Lab puppy (currently 6 months), and the cat. The Megacab with the front bench seat was a must-have. One dog up front, one in the backseat, and the cat mostly wherever he wants to be. Here a pic of Murphy and Gus...
  12. Camper99

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

14 days (Jan. 21 to Feb. 4) for me. I was thinking it would be closer to three weeks.
  13. Camper99

2021 Fuel cap

Here are a few angles. The cap seems to push the filler neck flap open slightly, but as you can see there is an o-ring on the cap itself.
  14. Camper99

2021 Fuel cap

This is the one I got from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088153872 It turns only a little bit to "lock"/tighten into place. Here it is installed. I would have ordered a cap from Geno's, but it was listed as backordered when I got this one.