Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Fuel cap

QCHunter

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 21 Ram with the 6.7 and wanted to get a fuel cap for the diesel. My filler has 3 ribs that seem like it would keep the aftermarket caps from sealing. Has anyone been using a fuel cap in a 21 Ram?
Here is my filler.
image.jpg

Broccoli2

Reaction score
Yep, 2020's are the same and probably 19's too. I bought one on Amazon and like you said it's round and does not really fit tight. I keep meaning to look into the Mopar version. I think it's plastic and fits over the entire top where the Amazon one fits inside..

boatdude1

Reaction score
Geno’s Garage sells caps for them. Regular and locking. Very good quality.

Camper99

Reaction score
This is the one I got from Amazon.
It turns only a little bit to "lock"/tighten into place.

Here it is installed.

20210412_190116.jpg

I would have ordered a cap from Geno's, but it was listed as backordered when I got this one.

Last edited:

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
Waiting on my back order from Genos. However I bought an $8 aluminum DEF cap with retention lanyard and it fits good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QCHunter

Reaction score
I turns only a little bit "lock"/tighten into place.

Here it is installed.

View attachment 14850

I would have ordered a cap from Geno's, but it was listed as backordered when I got this one.
Perfect. That’s what I was looking for. I kept looking at the cheaper caps that weren’t made for the fins inside the filler neck. I will order this to help keep dust and water out.
Thank you

Dunner

Reaction score

Here it is installed.

View attachment 14850

I just got the same amazon cap had ordered from genos and they told me both locking and non locking would be 45 days for stock to arrive so I cancelled my order.

Broccoli2

Reaction score

Here it is installed.

View attachment 14850

Can you post a picture of the cap upside down so we can see the part that fits inside... Does it have groves that match the inside of the fill hole? The one I got from amazon doesn't fit quite right with the "fins'

Camper99

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the cap upside down so we can see the part that fits inside... Does it have groves that match the inside of the fill hole? The one I got from amazon doesn't fit quite right with the "fins'
Here are a few angles. The cap seems to push the filler neck flap open slightly, but as you can see there is an o-ring on the cap itself.

20210413_115112.jpg

20210413_115108.jpg

20210413_115059.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread