Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

MrMopar

Reaction score
Hello fellow HD Ram owners. Recently picked up a 2019 2500 Tradesman Crew. Over all i am very happy with the truck, BUT the rear AC / Heat vents are NOT working, absolutely no air is coming out of them. Front and floor is fine, but nothing for the 2nd row. Anyone else have or heard of this issue?
Also, center line for the back up camera (backing up with a hitch to a trailer) is NOT centered. (PS. making an appointment to see the dealer)
I believe you can adjust the center line in Settings...

Warweasel

Reaction score
Hi, I looked at the issues that the 1500s are having with AC, and what's been said here. So far on my 3500 Longhorn (1900 mi), I'm having an AC issue, but it's different. Seems to be blowing cold enough, but after most starts when it's hot out (I'm in Texas), it will blow hard and cold for a minute or so, and then just stop for just under 2 minutes. Then it will resume, as if nothing ever happened. When it's in "pause", it doesn't matter what button you push, nothing changes.
"

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Hello fellow HD Ram owners. Recently picked up a 2019 2500 Tradesman Crew. Over all i am very happy with the truck, BUT the rear AC / Heat vents are NOT working, absolutely no air is coming out of them. Front and floor is fine, but nothing for the 2nd row. Anyone else have or heard of this issue?
Also, center line for the back up camera (backing up with a hitch to a trailer) is NOT centered. (PS. making an appointment to see the dealer)

You can adjust the center line to center-ish... ;)

RTillery

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing on my Bighorn 3500. No rear air. Then I realized the air volume wheels on the rear vents were turned to stop all air flow. I opened them up and the whole cab seems to cool down a little quicker and seem more comfortable. The AC sure isn't overwhelming, but once you have the cab cooled down, it seems to handle the heat OK.

One thing I really like is the power rear window. If I open it up when I first get into a hot cab and drive a mile or two with the AC on, then close it, the cab cools down fairly quickly. White truck: that helps too.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
When I jump into truck at the end of the day, I open all the windows (and the rear sliding window) to vent out the truck... the AC seems to handle that much better than starting from a closed up truck sitting in the Florida heat all day.

Don-T

Reaction score
Hi, I looked at the issues that the 1500s are having with AC, and what's been said here. So far on my 3500 Longhorn (1900 mi), I'm having an AC issue, but it's different. Seems to be blowing cold enough, but after most starts when it's hot out (I'm in Texas), it will blow hard and cold for a minute or so, and then just stop for just under 2 minutes. Then it will resume, as if nothing ever happened. When it's in "pause", it doesn't matter what button you push, nothing changes.
"
Mine has done the same thing. It has only happened two or three times though. The dealer says there are no updates.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the rear air, I'll check the vents open.

Also, dealer straitened my wheel, I saw them adjusting things under the front end, said alignment was only a little out of whack.

Knock on wood that these are my only "issues."

Omarf4

Reaction score
200 miles on the new ‘19 2500....got a “service air suspension immediately” message last night....UGH!

Funny thing is I always went with timber grove rear air over factory to avoid this headache....but on this truck I did all the homework and figured by now Ram might’ve gotten it stable.....bam....haven’t even towed or loaded anything.....

Gonna stop at dealer this morning and see if they can quickly get me in........

Omarf4

Reaction score
200 miles on the new ‘19 2500....got a “service air suspension immediately” message last night....UGH!

Funny thing is I always went with timber grove rear air over factory to avoid this headache....but on this truck I did all the homework and figured by now Ram might’ve gotten it stable.....bam....haven’t even towed or loaded anything.....

Gonna stop at dealer this morning and see if they can quickly get me in........

Update: Decided to just take a look at the fuses as Ram has been known to have electrical gremlins in their build process due to fuses not being pushed in all the way. Had similar issues with electrical problems in 3 prior RAMs. Sure enough F87 (air suspension fuse) wasn’t pressed in and barely hanging on. Pressed it in and started the truck. Evic message gone and air suspension operational.

PSA: please check both your fuse boxes and ensure your fuses are pressed in all the way. I bet you money you will find a large percentage “popped up”....... I had about half a dozen barely pressed in. 4th RAM and all four had this issue....

All good for now....let’s see if the message ever comes back.....

MrMopar

Reaction score
Update: Decided to just take a look at the fuses as Ram has been known to have electrical gremlins in their build process due to fuses not being pushed in all the way. Had similar issues with electrical problems in 3 prior RAMs. Sure enough F87 (air suspension fuse) wasn’t pressed in and barely hanging on. Pressed it in and started the truck. Evic message gone and air suspension operational.

PSA: please check both your fuse boxes and ensure your fuses are pressed in all the way. I bet you money you will find a large percentage “popped up”....... I had about half a dozen barely pressed in. 4th RAM and all four had this issue....

All good for now....let’s see if the message ever comes back.....
It's a shame the lack of Quality put in to building these HD's.
I'm still having Vibration issue's, I'm confidante it's the crappy 6ply tires they put on my PW, not too mention it takes an Arm like the Hulk to put it in 4WD.
Truck serviced, balanced tires again, tech tried to give me advice on how to put in 4WD...lol
I made the tech come out and watch me strong arm it to get it in gear.
Then I asked him...any more Tips.
I wanted to choke him...grrrrrrr
The Service QC guy and I then Drove it, still vibrates...he agrees...Tires are the issue.
Maybe they'll trade them out...who knows. They should be "E" rated tires but they are NOT.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
Another minor annoyance here. The Bluetooth connectivity is spotty, meaning if I'm streaming music via Bluetooth, it'll seem like it "skips" sometimes. Hoping there's a firmware update. It was fine in my 1500.

jakalafus

Reaction score
Anyone tried to valve or clamp the feed into the compressor From the water pump? The other forums say it helps the AC a lot. My dealer is telling me to leave my windows cracked and not use the recirculate setting. So not an az friendly truck at this point.
I was just checking to see if anyone is having AC issues and wow is all I can say. My 2019 Limited mega DRW is not even close to my 2016 Laramie mega DRW for AC. I have both sitting side by side and the 2019 is not good. I ran both for 10 minutes and the 2016 is so much better. I Have a dealer appointment Wednesday but I know what they are going to say. Love the new truck but in Phoenix this is not good at all.
Anyone tried to add a valve inline or clamp the feed into the compressor From the water pump? The other forums say it helps the AC a lot. My dealer is telling me to leave my windows cracked and not use the recirculate setting. So not an az friendly truck at this point. This can’t be to spec. My family doesn’t want to ride in the truck because of the AC.

savaytse66

Reaction score
Anyone tried to add a valve inline or clamp the feed into the compressor From the water pump? The other forums say it helps the AC a lot. My dealer is telling me to leave my windows cracked and not use the recirculate setting. So not an az friendly truck at this point. This can’t be to spec. My family doesn’t want to ride in the truck because of the AC.

Can you expand on this? Is there a link? I am still waiting for my truck to be built, but I am nervous about this issue. I don't think I could ever be happy is the AC doesn't blow cold enough.

jakalafus

Reaction score
Can you expand on this? Is there a link? I am still waiting for my truck to be built, but I am nervous about this issue. I don't think I could ever be happy is the AC doesn't blow cold enough.
Here It is. Granted its a 1500.

Zinga

Reaction score
The funny part about that thread is that it discusses a AC problem that occurred on either late 90's or early 2000s Ford trucks, which Ford fixed. Ford installed a valve that's installed on the heater hose that shuts off hot water to the heater core when Max AC is turned on. It's operated by vacuum (not engine vacuum). If this is really a problem without a fix from FCA, the elegant solution would be installing the vacuum system and valve from an old Ford truck. You could operate it from a button or switch in the cabin.

Too bad that no one has posted anything from a factory service manual showing how the heater core and heater hoses. My gut tells me that this valve exists. If it doesn't exist, it's laughable but understandable. Ram might be 15 years behind Ford on the stupid simple stuff but ahead in other areas.

DieselDAN

Reaction score
Only issues I have had on my 2019 Limited Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel is the 12” screen freezes periodically, and won’t work at all when touched. Especially when it is hot outside, and the sun has been beating down through the windshield. It works again after a restart or two, but is annoying if it happens while driving. Also, like others stated, lack of bass in the system. I also had a service airbag warning come on that will be looked at this week when I take it to dealer. Other than those hiccups, I love the truck.

Omarf4

Reaction score
Only issues I have had on my 2019 Limited Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel is the 12” screen freezes periodically, and won’t work at all when touched. Especially when it is hot outside, and the sun has been beating down through the windshield. It works again after a restart or two, but is annoying if it happens while driving. Also, like others stated, lack of bass in the system. I also had a service airbag warning come on that will be looked at this week when I take it to dealer. Other than those hiccups, I love the truck.

Check your fuses to make sure they are all pressed in.........

SCRAMHD

Reaction score
2019 limited megacab 2500 2k miles
Been driving around with a P2459 DTC for about a week. Cleared it once to see if it was just because of my short drive cycles but it has returned and permenant! Then today I went to scan again and I've got a P1484. Looks like I'll have to take it in. Not really what I was looking forward to after waiting months for my new truck to arrive.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
Holy crap. Although I'm not having any electrical issues yet, I checked all of my fuses and none of them were fully seated. I could see how that could eventually be a problem.

This is a must check for everyone IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread