Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

MrMopar

Reaction score
Picked the truck up yesterday. Noticed that above 45 mph the wind noise from the moon roof is quite loud, much more so than in my 2013 or my Ford. After parking the truck in the garage I took a look from the top of the stairs and noticed that there is a slight slope from the front of the moon roof glass to the rear, about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch.

Thankfully it hasn't rained in the last day or so but my concern is that the moon roof is not sealing properly and that if we should experience a downpour I am going to be in some trouble. Plan is to contact the dealer today and get this looked at ASAP.

Will report back.
I wonder if Saltillo folks realize the production plant is moving so they don't care about excellent Craftsmanship anymore...?
So many issues...sux.

Tom MI

Reaction score
I wonder if Saltillo folks realize the production plant is moving so they don't care about excellent Craftsmanship anymore...?
So many issues...sux.

Our 1500 brethren had similar issues. Track alignment or bad seal seem to be the main culprits. My NAV is also not functioning properly. One day after picking it up its going right back to the dealer. SMH.

D

Deleted member 80

So many issues...sux.
Last I read, FCA had flip-flopped, and decided to keep Saltillo building HDs anyway.

boom3198

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a wind noise from the side mirrors when driving 40-50mph with the windows down? it sounds like some sort of turbulence making a hum-type noise on and off. Its not tire noise, but kind of close. I believe its the side mirrors because if you fold them in, it stops happening and as soon as you fold them back out it starts again. Not really a issue or warranty item, just a nuance I've noticed...

MrMopar

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a wind noise from the side mirrors when driving 40-50mph with the windows down? it sounds like some sort of turbulence making a hum-type noise on and off. Its not tire noise, but kind of close. I believe its the side mirrors because if you fold them in, it stops happening and as soon as you fold them back out it starts again. Not really a issue or warranty item, just a nuance I've noticed...
Hadn't noticed that, but I'm in Texas...my windows aren't down.
I do have a tire howl tho...real bad road noise.
Many other issues noted earlier.
Dealer Monday, if they can't cure the vibration it'll be a Buy Back. Build me a New Truck (issue FREE this time).

texas.yankee

Reaction score
I get a whistle on my mirrors with the windows down. Just something I figured you can't avoid with the size of the mirrors as wind resistance.

jakalafus

Reaction score
I was just checking to see if anyone is having AC issues and wow is all I can say. My 2019 Limited mega DRW is not even close to my 2016 Laramie mega DRW for AC. I have both sitting side by side and the 2019 is not good. I ran both for 10 minutes and the 2016 is so much better. I Have a dealer appointment Wednesday but I know what they are going to say. Love the new truck but in Phoenix this is not good at all.

jakalafus

Reaction score
My big issue is the 12” Uconnect in my truck. The navigation quit working at about 800 miles on the truck. I am having a heck of a time getting it fixed. The Uconnect people are having the dealer do a lot of trouble shooting before they will send a new one. I think they have finally decided the unit is overheating and that is what is causing the trouble. I guess they have a cooling fan in the unit and it is not working.

Otherwise, I was supposed to get the TTPMS as well as the camera kit fo rate camper. I plan to get the TTPMS as soon as it is available and probably the camera kit as well.

I am mostly satisfied with the HK sound system, except for the woofer under the rear seat. I may get a JL Audio sub and amp.
I think the my 2016 Laramie Alpine was better low and low mid. Agree on the sub. I’ll be curious if it’s just an easy swap.

D

Deleted member 80

I was just checking to see if anyone is having AC issues and wow is all I can say. My 2019 Limited mega DRW is not even close to my 2016 Laramie mega DRW for AC. I have both sitting side by side and the 2019 is not good. I ran both for 10 minutes and the 2016 is so much better. I Have a dealer appointment Wednesday but I know what they are going to say. Love the new truck but in Phoenix this is not good at all.

Man, this is like a kick in the balls.

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
Thanks for asking. I have been working with Ram Cars and Uconnect for the past seven weeks trying to get this fixed. I have now made four trips to the dealer at 100 miles each time. The engineers keep asking more questions instead of making a list of troubleshooting questions. As of yesterday they have finally approved a new radio for my truck. It seems the one in there is overheating which seems to have damaged part of the memory. The navigation database is corrupt, and after 20 minutes driving the navigation repeatedly reboots. I hope to have the new radio in a week or two at worst.

i hope Ram is compensating you in some way. at least with a rental car. i'd divide my car payment up to a daily rate and ask for that in compensation. please note that i wouldn't do this for any standard warranty work ....but for as long as you've had to deal with this issue?

definitely.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

Known issue on the 1500s as well... Some thoughts over on the 5thGEN RAM board is a blending door issue... RAM has yet to address the issue saying it is working with specifications...which it is, but the temp for the specs are on the high side.

bobohio

Reaction score
I agree...the A/C is not as good as my 2016 either...it is adequate for me though, but I live in Kingman, so not as hot here, but when I do go to Larry Miller in Surprise, I will have them look at it.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
I noticed when I test drove two last week just to make sure I made the decision going with a limited diesel (order), I test drove a 2500 limited diesel and a 2500 tradesman gas. In the Limited 3/4 ton diesel, when I went over a bump, it sounded like the rear axle just came off and while accelerating, it really shifted hard or felt like it was slipping a lot. In the tradesman gas, when I pressed the turn signal lever down to signal right there was a vey loud "clunk" sound coming from the steering column box. Even if I shifted the lever down easy and slow, it made a loud clunk. I've driven others over the last few months and didn't notice any of those things or notice any issues at all. My truck has been built and painted and is in "JB" code.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
My 19 1500 and now my 19 2500 A/C is weak as mentioned. 95% of the time it's adequate. Today, at 95F 95% humidity, I had it full blast.

I also noticed the hood shakes a lot. I actually thought it was popped open. I guess I'll have to get used to it so not really an issue.

My steering wheel is 5 degrees of center to the right. Going in tomorrow for an alignment check.

Otherwise first 100 miles aok! A much thicker beast than my 1500!

MrMopar

Reaction score
My 19 1500 and now my 19 2500 A/C is weak as mentioned. 95% of the time it's adequate. Today, at 95F 95% humidity, I had it full blast.

I also noticed the hood shakes a lot. I actually thought it was popped open. I guess I'll have to get used to it so not really an issue.

My steering wheel is 5 degrees of center to the right. Going in tomorrow for an alignment check.

Otherwise first 100 miles aok! A much thicker beast than my 1500!
My steering wheel is off too.
Tires were out of balance, it's at the dealer to figure out the vibration issue and the service tech said...hey I think the engine has a miss....smh
They are pumping these trucks out with NO QC...plant is moving soon...seems like they don't care about Quality.

Last edited:

GreenLine

Reaction score
Hello fellow HD Ram owners. Recently picked up a 2019 2500 Tradesman Crew. Over all i am very happy with the truck, BUT the rear AC / Heat vents are NOT working, absolutely no air is coming out of them. Front and floor is fine, but nothing for the 2nd row. Anyone else have or heard of this issue?
Also, center line for the back up camera (backing up with a hitch to a trailer) is NOT centered. (PS. making an appointment to see the dealer)

Users who are viewing this thread