Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

Benson

Reaction score
When I picked up my truck the other day the finance guy was trying to talk me into an aftermarket warranty for around $8000. I said I wanted to go with the Mopar max care and he said that max care does not cover the injectors or fuel pump. I find this hard to believe. I’m going with Ziegler before the price goes up

Redfour5

Reaction score
I just went on the BBB to ck ratings on MOPAR warranty. SO SO many bad reviews. Not so much on tbe warranty itself but like when you cancel the warranty. Most saying taken 7 months to get their money back. Makes me wonder how they do business. Now I'm really confused.
Still waiting on mine. I submitted a month ago on my 2021 1500 I traded for a 2500 and they say they never received it. I got the email. So, I resubmitted, checked the next day after a nice wait on their system for a real human being to speak with me. I spoke with a person who said to send it call 24 hours later, if I had documentation of mileage I should send it both with the request for cancellation and separately always referencing the "case number" and it SHOULD be sent in in all cases she said with a wink and a nod when it doesn't necessarily require it. I was lucky I traded in and had the form from the state dated with the official mileage.

So, 24 hours later Yes, they got it and it is being processed but I was reminded it could take as long as six months to get my refund. They said it would be like 1300 bucks, about what I paid for it as I remember.

tiki318

Reaction score
Good luck and enjoy! My dealer called today to say that our truck is finally coming in tomorrow morning!!! It figures! I get to say good-bye to 0% financing and a $500 TrueCar coupon and say hello to a Mopar MaxCare increase. That is unless the incentives are extended or better. Here's hoping the warranty increase isn't too bad. In the off chance that there aren't any incentives announced tomorrow, I'll wait a few days to pick it up. Give them time to release new deals.

Eatstone

Reaction score
I see on the Max Care brochure it says warranty coverage is good for a North America, Mexico, Guam and P Rico. I’m in Canada and the dealer tried to sell me a power train only warranty for 7yr/160K km for $7600 CAD.

My question is can a Canadian purchase these warranties being offered from the US dealers listed in these posts? Any other suggestions for us Canadians so we don’t get robbed? I declined the coverage from the dealer. 2022 6.4 truck with 2k km on it.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
When I picked up my truck the other day the finance guy was trying to talk me into an aftermarket warranty for around $8000. I said I wanted to go with the Mopar max care and he said that max care does not cover the injectors or fuel pump. I find this hard to believe. I’m going with Ziegler before the price goes up
He is totally full of crap ! I bought mine through ziegler and paid $2575 for 8 year -100,000 mile warranty with $100 deductible . And it says on the contract it covers the injectors and fuel pump.

Reactions: CFE

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
shocker, he is lying. It specifically list the entire fuel system to include injectors and pump. He makes more money on the aftermarket vs mopar.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I disagree. Every time have inquired about or purchased a MaxCare the "guy selling it" was very knowledgable and helpful. After all, that's their job. You can also go on the web or to some of the internet MaxCare selling sights and you can pull up the MaxCare options, prices and terms and decide what you want before you call the "guy selling it".

As far as your comment " if the day comes that you find out that you were mislead or ill-informed", you get a copy of what you purchased and you can cancel it or change it anytime.

I don't know what experience you've had with purchasing a MaxCare or where you get your bad info. If you say you've neem there done that I would say it's your own fault.
Am I reading these posts wrong or does the extended warranty only cover 5 years 85k miles? Something doesn't sound right since the factory warranty is 3 yrs/36k miles.

He is totally full of crap ! I bought mine through ziegler and paid $2575 for 8 year -100,000 mile warranty with $100 deductible . And it says on the contract it covers the injectors and fuel pump.
Where can I take a look at the Zeigler extended warranty plans to see which will be best. I don't want the one at the dealership, because I understand that will be incorporated into my payments.

Where can I take a look at the Zeigler extended warranty plans to see which will be best. I don't want the one at the dealership, because I understand that will be incorporated into my payments.
And.... is there a number I can call?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Am I reading these posts wrong or does the extended warranty only cover 5 years 85k miles? Something doesn't sound right since the factory warranty is 3 yrs/36k miles.
All the MOPAR brand warranties run concurrently with your Basic Warranty...
The Lifetime plan was your best deal, but they ditched that one (naturally they weren't making enough money off of that one).

Follow link for their website and phone number.
https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/default.aspx

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
One of our forum dealers offers great deals on Maxcare @zach@granger

I do believe some locations (Canada? and a few states - FL, TX?) don't allow discounts on sold warranties. They would have all the details.

@JC

Reaction score

I do believe some locations (Canada? and a few states - FL, TX?) don't allow discounts on sold warranties. They would have all the details.
FL is the only state that treats extended warranties as insurance products and forbids discounting. No idea about Canuckistan.

mvp@grangermotors.com to get a quote for $50 over dealer cost on MaxCare which is usually $50 under Zeigler's pricing.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Anyone pickup a MOPAR warranty for their truck?

I have the Lifetime Warranty on the 1500 which will have to be cancelled.
Seeing as how it isn't a 'lifetime warranty' any longer, I really can't see getting this 'warranty' that overlaps the factory warranty...
why is it trying to make me download this PDF thing?

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score

so orders don't take 6 months then? the dealer told me it would be a total of about 6 months from start to finish on my order for a 2023 ram 2500 4x4 shortbed crewcab BIGHORN. was that innacurate?

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I have a 2019 4wd with about 12,500 miles on it ( I bought it with cash advice online) - had it since new and plan on keeping the truck for as long as I possibly can. It sounds like purchasing the Max Care warranty is a good idea, and I know forum members recommend calling a specific sales guy to get the best pricing... I do have a few questions before making the call though.

Does the 8 year plan start on the date I buy the plan, or is it 8 years from when the truck was new?

Am I correct in assuming this plan does not cover the emissions systems?

Is there some sort of refund at the end of the warranty term if the warranty was not used?

Any other pros/cons about purchasing the warranty? Stuff I need to be aware of or look out for?

Thanks in advance.
i have the ziegler site open on my other screen and it looks like it starts from when you buy the truck, so continued from day one of the 3 yr/36k factory plan.

Drew M

Reaction score
When I had compared different MOPAR plans and sellers, Granger was the cheapest. I had asked one dealership, and asked if they matched or beat Granger's cost, he said "that's below cost, I can't beat it, grab it".
Was on the fence about an extended warranty, but with all of the electronics, on top of the mechanical items, I think it was it was a safe bet. One major repair, and the policy is paid for.

@JC

Reaction score
so orders don't take 6 months then? the dealer told me it would be a total of about 6 months from start to finish on my order for a 2023 ram 2500 4x4 shortbed crewcab BIGHORN. was that innacurate?
Orders for TRUCKS can take less than or more than 6 months, MaxCare warranties are active the minute you buy them.
Also, what would the best plan be for full bumper to bumper coverage on an extended warranty?
Mopar Maximum Care, pick the years (up to 8 total from the date the vehicle is originally purchased) and number of miles (up to 125k starting from 0) you expect to drive. For example, 7years/85,000 miles or 8years/125000miles, etc. The truck comes with a 3yr/36000mile bumper to bumper and 5yr/60000mile powertrain warranty, so if you trade cars often it may not be worthwhile though they do pro-rate the refund if you decide to cancel or trade and there are some additional benefits that are active even during the original warranty period like free Key Fob replacement/reprogramming (up to 3x and total of $600) and guaranteed rental/loaner during covered repairs.
i have the ziegler site open on my other screen and it looks like it starts from when you buy the truck, so continued from day one of the 3 yr/36k factory plan.
Yes, all Mopar MaxCare options run concurrently with the factory warranties. There is a plan called Mopar Vehicle Protection Extended that covers vehicles that are currently past their original warranty periods and that plan's year and mileage start from the date you buy the policy but that wouldn't be relevant for a new vehicle.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
When I had compared different MOPAR plans and sellers, Granger was the cheapest. I had asked one dealership, and asked if they matched or beat Granger's cost, he said "that's below cost, I can't beat it, grab it".
Was on the fence about an extended warranty, but with all of the electronics, on top of the mechanical items, I think it was it was a safe bet. One major repair, and the policy is paid for.
You said granger is cheaper but does it have the same coverage?

Users who are viewing this thread