Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

Lary0071

Reaction score
Huh. I thought they dropped unlimited for all FCA. Maybe it was just the diesels they were taking it in the shorts on.
They dropped the lifetime MaxCare, not the unlimited miles but with limited time. I have the Lifetime on my 2016 Cherokee TrailHawk, I wish I could still get that! We plan to keep that vehicle with the lifetime warranty until the contract gets ended, but that will be a long time off I expect.

The old Lifetime was just like todays MaxCare but it ran until the cost of a single repair claim exceeded the remaining value of the vehicle, in that case they pay you out the remaining value (the lower value) and the contract is closed. You can then take that check and add cash to it to get the repair completed, or roll that into a downpayment on your next vehicle... or buy cases of skittles and a new Huffy and pedal yourself to work.

But my $38K (new price) Cherokee TH with 70K miles should not have a claim exceeding its value until it is out around 15 or more years old. It still has around a $22K value 6 years into it and it still looks, runs and functions like new. Knock on wood.... we have not needed any warranty as of yet.

BlueJoe

Reaction score
Yes. You will be in their system. They will see it if you go to the dealership today.
Hey John Im waiting now to get reimbursed from the dealership for a aftermarket plan. I canceled 25 January 2022 and it supposed to be sent directly to Mopar financial to be put towards my payment balance. My payment ends in June 2022 . Im still waiting for confirmation of my reimbursement

John Jensen

Reaction score
Hey John Im waiting now to get reimbursed from the dealership for a aftermarket plan. I canceled 25 January 2022 and it supposed to be sent directly to Mopar financial to be put towards my payment balance. My payment ends in June 2022 . Im still waiting for confirmation of my reimbursement
A call to either or both the Mopar financial and/or the dealer financial should get you answers

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
They dropped the lifetime MaxCare, not the unlimited miles but with limited time. I have the Lifetime on my 2016 Cherokee TrailHawk, I wish I could still get that! We plan to keep that vehicle with the lifetime warranty until the contract gets ended, but that will be a long time off I expect.

The old Lifetime was just like todays MaxCare but it ran until the cost of a single repair claim exceeded the remaining value of the vehicle, in that case they pay you out the remaining value (the lower value) and the contract is closed. You can then take that check and add cash to it to get the repair completed, or roll that into a downpayment on your next vehicle... or buy cases of skittles and a new Huffy and pedal yourself to work.

But my $38K (new price) Cherokee TH with 70K miles should not have a claim exceeding its value until it is out around 15 or more years old. It still has around a $22K value 6 years into it and it still looks, runs and functions like new. Knock on wood.... we have not needed any warranty as of yet.

Aha, that was it. Thanks for the explanation.

tiki318

Reaction score
I got Mopar max care 8/85000 miles and my dealer could not believe ziegler‘s price. I actually had several of the salesman’s that have trucks on order ask me how I found it. After all was said and done my dealer honored Zieglers price (1350).
Congratulations and I hope you are enjoying your new ride. I saw on one of the threads that your truck was delivered to Toms River. Did you use LG or Manahawkin? I'm eagerly waiting for our truck currently en route to LG. I was wondering if you knew the entire route the train took from the plant and if the tracking info was provided by your salesman?
Also, does the warranty have a deductible? Hopefully, I can get something similar. I got a sweet deal on a lifetime warranty on our current truck that we never needed to use. They are not offered anymore.
Anyway, thanks and maybe I'll see you around town.

Vr6mole

Reaction score
Brought a printed price estimate with me for a Diesel 8 year/100k from the Zeigler site. They price matched it without hesitation. I saw the warrenty paper they had printed out for me prior to this and were going to try and sell me a $6k warranty.

Dova0131

Reaction score
Best price for a 22 Limited diesel for 8/125k amd $200 deductible? I got quoted 3550. Seems higher than most through Zeigler.

gator6

Reaction score
So, Aaron today was on the phone with me today heavily pushing LDS... but most tell me to stay away from that. What are the best options ranked?

PD Luke

Reaction score
and there's another pro saying stay away from LDS... It just sounds like one of those politicians backing a company that then pays the politician...
Jimmy in finance at MD tried to sell me on the LSD warranty when I asked about getting the Mopar Maxcare warranty. He gave me the verbal pitch and I was starting to get that uneasy feeling like you mentioned earlier. I asked him to email the information packet on the LSD product so I could better study it. That ended the discussion right there. They never sent anything so I asked about it the next day. He said he just assumed I didn't want it and had already finalized my paperwork without any extended warranty. So it was a very short lived uneasy feeling and they redeemed themselves in my mind by just moving on without any further selling.

gator6

Reaction score
Jimmy in finance at MD tried to sell me on the LSD warranty when I asked about getting the Mopar Maxcare warranty. He gave me the verbal pitch and I was starting to get that uneasy feeling like you mentioned earlier. I asked him to email the information packet on the LSD product so I could better study it. That ended the discussion right there. They never sent anything so I asked about it the next day. He said he just assumed I didn't want it and had already finalized my paperwork without any extended warranty. So it was a very short lived uneasy feeling and they redeemed themselves in my mind by just moving on without any further selling.

I have it all right here. Reading through it, it is a pretty straightforward exclusionary warranty. It says what’s covered is anything not listed under section h “what’s not covered” and there’s nothing that stands out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkRam

Reaction score
I picked up my Limited Longhorn 3500 yesterday. The paperwork guy presented the MaxCare plan at +/- $7000. He almost **** when I showed him the Ziegler quote for $1925/200 deductible. Said it was probably not a factory plan and that his cost was more than that. Lowest he said he could go was $3400 (admitting they were going to make $3600) told me to be sure it was a factory Mopar warranty. Then proceeded to tell me that “with some of these plans” other dealers would not do the warranty work. Before I buy from Ziegler, can you all confirm this is a legit factory warranty that must be honored by any dealer? Thanks guys.

2022 Ram 3500 SRW Limited Longhorn. 6.7 HO Pearl white.
Ordered 10/20/2021, delivered 4/14/2022

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I picked up my Limited Longhorn 3500 yesterday. The paperwork guy presented the MaxCare plan at +/- $7000. He almost **** when I showed him the Ziegler quote for $1925/200 deductible. Said it was probably not a factory plan and that his cost was more than that. Lowest he said he could go was $3400 (admitting they were going to make $3600) told me to be sure it was a factory Mopar warranty. Then proceeded to tell me that “with some of these plans” other dealers would not do the warranty work. Before I buy from Ziegler, can you all confirm this is a legit factory warranty that must be honored by any dealer? Thanks guys.

2022 Ram 3500 SRW Limited Longhorn. 6.7 HO Pearl white.
Ordered 10/20/2021, delivered 4/14/2022

It's a Mopar Maxcare plan. Dealer finance guy is full of it. Dishonesty like that is despicable.

I used Zeigler's price to get my dealer to do $100 under ($100 over cost). They get a monthly bonus from FCA if they sell x number of warranties, regardless of their profit.

Check the Granger thread, he said he will be offering the same Maxcare at $100 over their cost.

Users who are viewing this thread