Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12.0 Update

superjoe83

Reaction score
This is a big one, almost 18gb. You’ll need to format the stick to NTFS. Do not unzip anything.
Jimmy, it looks like Google has throttled the downloads.
Is there a way to manually get the radio to update OTA? I see that there is a radio update request in Jscan, but not sure if that applies/works with these radios since they are behind the gateway, correct?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Try it now, guys. I reset permissions and re-applied the link in that post.
If not, I’ll work on it tonight.

mountainears

Reaction score
Mine took maybe 25 minutes or so. I was at 26.15 previous to installing. I was not really watching it though. I turned the Acc on, threw a charger on one of the batteries (just being overly cautious) and let it roll. I checked every 5 minutes or so until it was done. Did seem to stall out in the 40% range for a while.

I was on 26.15 as well. Strange. Speed of USB stick in use could come into play maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainears

Reaction score
Check on your maps, i had the latest maps of 9-2022 and after i update my maps were back to 12-2021 so check to make sure this doesnt happen to you.

I didn’t check my maps before but can see if it matches your date now. Is there a way to update the maps back?

Flea

Reaction score
Mine took maybe 25 minutes or so. I was at 26.15 previous to installing. I was not really watching it though. I turned the Acc on, threw a charger on one of the batteries (just being overly cautious) and let it roll. I checked every 5 minutes or so until it was done. Did seem to stall out in the 40% range for a while.

I popped the update in this morning on way to work. Took about 45 minutes to complete.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
I can't get this download to work. Google says "Quota exceeded". Tried all different times.

Is the link broken or am I just "late to the party" and should just keep trying?

Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah; Google Drive limits the amoutn of downloads, I think it resets every 24h. If someone already has it download and wants to send it to me (Hit me up in a DM if needed) I can get it on a public service that won't limit the bandwidth.

Update: I got the same error while I was logged out of Google. I signed in and it let me download it. I'll get another link up for people without a google login.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Does it matter what position the ignition is in? Or just open door so screen turns on and just install?

mountainears

Reaction score
My maps went to 12/2021 as well. That may be why the update was so large….

mountainears

Reaction score
Does it matter what position the ignition is in? Or just open door so screen turns on and just install?

You don’t want it shutting down during the update. I just did it while the car was running to be sure.

jebruns

Reaction score
Could I use this version to install over the one that came OTA? I'm getting tired of daily reboots and figured maybe it needs a fresh install.
Should be able to. After mine updated, I forgot to unplug the USB drive. It prompted me to start the install again. I declined and checked my version after it booted up. It was at 26.17.

Last edited:

jebruns

Reaction score
I did the update with ACC on and the door closed. Had the drivers window open to make it easier to see the update progressing.

jebruns

Reaction score
Map updates here:
Thanks Jimmy07. But please explain about this process. I thought Stellantis charged for map updates. Is this a backdoor thing?

Also, how do we find what level we are downloading to compare to the level we already have? Is it embedded in the name, like the 9.0.0 part for the files I just downloaded for my truck?

mountainears

Reaction score
I think it depends on if you’re experiencing any issues. They don’t really tell you what is fixed and ya never know, it may fix what is bothering you.

If you have no issues I’d leave it alone and wait for it to come OTA.

Users who are viewing this thread