Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Tater86

Reaction score
Question, I saw on one of the 2022 thread post that they are now putting PPF on some areas of the truck. Can someone confirm this and indicate whether it will be on the 2023's? I couldn't find anything in the order guides about this. Looking to get PPF done and trying to get a good quote.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Question, I saw on one of the 2022 thread post that they are now putting PPF on some areas of the truck. Can someone confirm this and indicate whether it will be on the 2023's? I couldn't find anything in the order guides about this. Looking to get PPF done and trying to get a good quote.
When I received my 2022, the only area that had the PPF was the lower 6" on the front side of the dually flares to protect against rocks thrown up from the front tires. I never saw any other on the truck in the short weeks I had it. Not sure if that helps

44Dan44

Reaction score

dmhines

Reaction score
This gives me hope that my order isn't "broken" over a $75 item. Still in C
So far the only Tradesman built had no options checked to the right in the tracking spreadsheet.

44Dan44

Reaction score
According to that window sticker they have the 7" screen.
Yep, that was @dmhines point, we both have the 7" TFT ordered as a $75 add-on which was possible on the 22's but not findable on the 23 order guide or the build and price tool. Hope to get it as ordered and the 23 window sticker he posted indicates there is hope.

Tater86

Reaction score
Yep, that was @dmhines point, we both have the 7" TFT ordered as a $75 add-on which was possible on the 22's but not findable on the 23 order guide or the build and price tool. Hope to get it as ordered and the 23 window sticker he posted indicates there is hope.
Got it! I did notice on your signature for your order you have the 50 gallon tank listed, unless they are allowing it for the tradesmans, they stated they are not offering that on the 2500's this year. Could that be the reason?

44Dan44

Reaction score
Got it! I did notice on your signature for your order you have the 50 gallon tank listed, unless they are allowing it for the tradesmans, they stated they are not offering that on the 2500's this year. Could that be the reason?
I believe it's the diesel that can't get it, Tradesman 6.4 has it. Edit to add, nope Tradesman Gas or Diesel get it, looks like only the upper trims get screwed.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Basically all limited are not being made for the next two months.

Just got this email from FCA corporate:

Logistics advised the combination sales codes (XBT (tire pressure information system) +WL1 (single rear wheels) +JAN (12” cluster display) is currently on material restriction until 3/1/23. This order will not be able to get built until after 3/1/23.

I PLACED MY &%&$%&^*$% order IN SEPTEMBER.

Last edited:

mugello21

Reaction score

I wonder if they are focusing the 12in tfts on the rebels since they are a new trim for the 2500s and standard equipment

jsalbre

Reaction score

Logistics advised the combination sales codes (XBT (tire pressure information system) +WL1 (single rear wheels) +JAN (12” cluster display) is currently on material restriction until 3/1/23. This order will not be able to get built until after 3/1/23.

I assume with your TPIS and WL1 you’re talking about a 3500?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I’m curious if it’s the combination then (meaning only 3500s will get held up) or the 12” cluster as a whole (meaning we’re not going to see any Limiteds, Longhorns, Power Wagons, or Rebels for a while).

Sucks for you either way, but for the rest of us I hope it’s just the former. The tracker does show one Limited as built, and there’s a build sheet for it, but it’s the only truck with the 12” that I know has been built so far.

Did they email you out of the blue or had you reached out to them?

pr3dict

Reaction score
I’m curious if it’s the combination then (meaning only 3500s will get held up) or the 12” cluster as a whole (meaning we’re not going to see any Limiteds, Longhorns, Power Wagons, or Rebels for a while).

Sucks for you either way, but for the rest of us I hope it’s just the former. The tracker does show one Limited as built, and there’s a build sheet for it, but it’s the only truck with the 12” that I know has been built so far.

Did they email you out of the blue or had you reached out to them?
They mentioned those things specifically instead of just saying one of them... So idk what thats about... And no I've been discussing my case with one of their executive customer service reps. She's been keeping me up to date daily with her attempts to get my truck built and delivered.

Not much help though except to bring bad news hahah which she apologized about. Looks like I need to just bite the bullet and realize I'm going to spend full price on a damn 24 gmc sierra next month. Makes me sick to pay MSRP for anything.

jsalbre

Reaction score
They mentioned those things specifically instead of just saying one of them... So idk what thats about... And no I've been discussing my case with one of their executive customer service reps. She's been keeping me up to date daily with her attempts to get my truck built and delivered.

Not much help though except to bring bad news hahah which she apologized about. Looks like I need to just bite the bullet and realize I'm going to spend full price on a damn 24 gmc sierra next month. Makes me sick to pay MSRP for anything.
You assume ordering a Sierra will be any better.

pr3dict

Reaction score
You assume ordering a Sierra will be any better.
Well let's look at it logically. Orders open up 2/12/23 for the sierra which is before the restriction is lifted for ram on 3/1/23. So that's sooner... Andddddd rams are built in Mexico whereas sierras are built in Indiana. That's closer to new York.

So yeah I presume it'll be better.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Well let's look at it logically. Orders open up 2/12/23 for the sierra which is before the restriction is lifted for ram on 3/1/23. So that's sooner... Andddddd rams are built in Mexico whereas sierras are built in Indiana. That's closer to new York.

So yeah I presume it'll be better.
Those are true, but you’ll also have to find a dealer with allocation. Ram may hold up an order for missing parts, but GM has just been shipping vehicles out and saying “we’ll get you those missing parts for your heated seats at some point in the future, trust us”.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Those are true, but you’ll also have to find a dealer with allocation. Ram may hold up an order for missing parts, but GM has just been shipping vehicles out and saying “we’ll get you those missing parts for your heated seats at some point in the future, trust us”.
I know dealers that have allocation, it's the paying full price that's killing me. Atleast with ram you get a good amount off MSRP. Also I will take the promise of adding parts down the line. It gets me the truck when I need it instead of ram just making false promises of shipping and then not doing it. I'm so pissed with ram it's not even funny. 4 months, over 100 emails and the whole time false promises that everything is alright when in reality it's not. At this point I will have wasted 6 months of my life waiting for a truck that won't come all while interest rates have risen and deals on 22 trucks have come and gone.

Actually I wanted to buy a 22 in April of 22 but was told that ram stopped doing limited level 1 or something and to wait for 23s. I ordered a 23 first few days of order banks and still got ****ed.

Users who are viewing this thread