Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

21PowerWagon

Reaction score
Toyo at3 35x12.5-17 come in both C and E rated. Make sure you get the E rated..I have had both Toyo AT3 and Toyo R/T (as well as AT2) and prefer the R/T especially if you are going to play in the rocks and mud. I would 100% make sure they do not put the c rated version on as the max psi on that tire is 35psi it is made for jeeps and other lighter vehicles max load rating is only 2405lbs per tire vs 3195 for the E load. as far as noise it will be similar as will the R/T. I run my R/T at low 30's psi and they are super smooth and quiet.
Thank you for answering. I would assume they ordered the E rated as I had them double check to ensure they tire is sufficient for the truck. I also tow with my truck. John Deere trailer, as well as my camper. So with the added weight I really hope they ordered the E rated tire. You run 30s psi for normal driving or for offloading? The stock duratracs on mine say to run at I think 69 psi so that's a massive drop down to max psi of 35 lol. I really hope they are doing the E rated tires. Also do you know what will cause all 4 stock duratracs to wear down at a tilt. The tread from outside to inside corners are uneven. Outside trend deapth is lower than the inside. So if you look at the tire from behind only viewing the tread on the tire, the outer edge is almost flush and the inner corner is probably 4 times are high. I hope that is understandable lol. It looks almost like ouster portion is wearing down faster because of turning on the twisty highway roads here and the tires as just too soft for it. Again thank you for responding. I appreciate the extra knowledge. I'll be double checking it's E rated.

Danny Cameo

Reaction score
I can say that my 37's and AEV wheels don't rub at full lock... but the do rub at around 10 degrees. I've just been dealing with it, and having trimmed anything. Off road, the tire rubs everywhere... front, back, top...37s are just too big if rubbing bothers you. if it doesn't bother you... they are perfect.
It won't bother me, I'm heading into the rocky mountains and back into the logging roads And up the switch backs tomorrow.
There will be plenty of obstacles to give it a try once hooked I'm unhooked from the trailer.
There's a fella at my local shop with A 2019 power wagon, Who's got a full overlanding set up with all AEV products including the Rims obviously, hes running 37 inch, yet All I remember is they are AT's. Can't remember the brand. He's got some damage in his wheel Wells Yet nothing too crazy.
In total I drove 700 km about 500 miles on the new tires, half of it unhooked going 75 miles an hour and Half of it With 3000 pounds on the back. They did just fine.
The trailer is usually told with with a Gladiator it has the Max coupler hitch, So even though the trailer has 35" tires and tracks a little wider than the power wagon it toad flawlessly.
There's a touch more road noise with these tires, Yet being A lifelong Jeep guy, who's had Irok's and maxi's That's nothing that really bothers me.
Just finishing packing up the trailer right now and then we're heading out in the morning!

Attachments

• 20220528_142444.jpg
    20220528_142444.jpg
    845 KB · Views: 141

IowaPW

Reaction score
OK @IowaPW you have me stumped! I can tell those are Cooper Discoverer AT3’s, but I do not see ANYWHERE on their site for a 35x12.50x17. Are they by chance 315/70R/17? Inquiring minds wanna know (OK fine actually I wanna copy you!).
Yes, they are the 315/70R17. Just a tick shy of a 35x12.50x17...but close enough for me!

Loosebolts

Reaction score
How do you like the STT Pros? I have them in 37s also but am still waiting to receive my truck. Are they noisy? Any tread wear issues?

Also, do you have any other pictures (different angles) of the RSI? Thanks!
64DB73EF-F7AC-47DC-B1EB-F79D5BC60D5D.jpeg25BAD0EE-AE89-4D1A-ACD3-D469C91461CD.jpeg
Hey brother have 3k miles on them so far they work really good in snow and mud.

There is no road noise like at all atleast it’s not noticeable again haven’t rotated yet. Let me know what angles you want to see snapped a few at the bk lol.

Last edited:

chevycamaro1969

Reaction score
Love all the pics. Had an interesting situation the other day. I have 35 inch Cooper STT pro's on stock Powerwagon rims and my buddy has 37 inch tires. We got into a situation where we needed chains to get out. Mine (35 inch) can handle chains. There was no way to put chains on the front of his 37 inch tires and rims. Just something to think about. I think the 37 look a little better/correct, but if you ever need chains, then reconsider 35 inch tires.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Love all the pics. Had an interesting situation the other day. I have 35 inch Cooper STT pro's on stock Powerwagon rims and my buddy has 37 inch tires. We got into a situation where we needed chains to get out. Mine (35 inch) can handle chains. There was no way to put chains on the front of his 37 inch tires and rims. Just something to think about. I think the 37 look a little better/correct, but if you ever need chains, then reconsider 35 inch tires.
Do you mean that he didn't have enough clearance to turn the tires with the chains on? Or he didn't have chains to fit the 37s?

Just curious, as I have a set of chains from tirechain.com (37x13.5-18) that I have used on my 2500 (granted, not a PW) and had no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread