Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
Thanks man, and congrats. Still have a Thuren rear track bar and a Rigd mega carrier spare tire carrier to throw on the rear, although I wont keep that on 24/7. I just want to see how it looks/drives with a 37 hanging off the back. Might be driving up to Nor Cal next weekend, for a RSI Smartcap. Not 100% on that yet. Really wish my Kings would show up. "5-20 months wait time", per Thuren :(
Truck looks great!! I'm on the fence about the Thuren rear track bar, definitely report back once you have a few miles with it. I also could not believe the lead time on the Kings so I went with the Fox alternative until Kings can ship next year.

RHINO69

Reaction score
Truck looks great!! I'm on the fence about the Thuren rear track bar, definitely report back once you have a few miles with it. I also could not believe the lead time on the Kings so I went with the Fox alternative until Kings can ship next year.
Thanks!

What are you on the fence about, with the rear track bar? All I have read is good things about it, aside from installing it. Almost seems, from what I have read, that the truck almost needs it.

PMC

Reaction score
Thanks man, and congrats. Still have a Thuren rear track bar and a Rigd mega carrier spare tire carrier to throw on the rear, although I wont keep that on 24/7. I just want to see how it looks/drives with a 37 hanging off the back. Might be driving up to Nor Cal next weekend, for a RSI Smartcap. Not 100% on that yet. Really wish my Kings would show up. "5-20 months wait time", per Thuren :(
One thing to think about is the backup camera when deciding if you want to run the Rigd. I didn't want to spend the money on a second camera for the 360 surround and it's now mounted on the Rigd Mega. I could change it back but it's not a quick swap as you need to take the tailgate apart, etc. I'm totally good with keeping it on mine so it works for me but you'd probably want to get a second camera if you're going to take it on and off.

RHINO69

Reaction score
One thing to think about is the backup camera when deciding if you want to run the Rigd. I didn't want to spend the money on a second camera for the 360 surround and it's now mounted on the Rigd Mega. I could change it back but it's not a quick swap as you need to take the tailgate apart, etc. I'm totally good with keeping it on mine so it works for me but you'd probably want to get a second camera if you're going to take it on and off.
Yeah, that has been on my mind. I also have the 360 cam. I'll probably just "get by" on road trips/trail camping without it. I may eventually spend the money on the second camera but for now, I am still needing to source a few more important items, like a shell and tent. Ill get around to dialing in the spare carrier, at some point.

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
Thanks!

What are you on the fence about, with the rear track bar? All I have read is good things about it, aside from installing it. Almost seems, from what I have read, that the truck almost needs it.. I guess I will find out after my upcoming road trip

Not sure my truck needs it, but I have not spent much time on the highway with it since the install.

Kennewick_P.Wagon

Reaction score
Beautiful twin! Well they will be as soon as I put my PW hood decal on it!
Excellent! Yeah for some reason the day I ordered the dealership software wouldn't let the salesman select badging delete so I stripped the loud bed logos myself. Having the short bit of pinstripe put on tomorrow actually, I like them on the sides above the rocker panels since the hood decal is piped in it too.

RHINO69

Reaction score
45 front 50 rear
I can't believe you're running that much pressure! I initially had 40PSI front and rear. Had to lower to 35PSI because it was obvious that they were over inflated, as the shoulders of the tires had no signs of contact with the pavement. They almost look to still be slightly over inflated at a cold 35PSI. I am going to chalk test soon though.

DrTron

Reaction score
40 is what I have in my 1500, so I rather expected that a heavier 2500 would need more...

tuckjack

Reaction score
Swapped out for some 35x12.50r17 DUratracs. I see many months of snow and know these do a great job on the ice.
When my stock Duratracs wear out, I’m thinking of just upsizing them too. They’ve worked really well in the winter here and same off-road.

RHINO69

Reaction score
40 is what I have in my 1500, so I rather expected that a heavier 2500 would need more...
Tire model/ply/size have a lot to do with PSI range. What do you have on your 1500?

DrTron

Reaction score
Tire model/ply/size have a lot to do with PSI range. What do you have on your 1500?
Probably, although physics dictate that the vehicle weight has a big impact. But I see that tires with a higher sidewall might need less.
I've got the "standard" 275/55R20. So certainly quite a bit away from a 35/12.5R17.

Loosebolts

Reaction score
I can't believe you're running that much pressure! I initially had 40PSI front and rear. Had to lower to 35PSI because it was obvious that they were over inflated, as the shoulders of the tires had no signs of contact with the pavement. They almost look to still be slightly over inflated at a cold 35PSI. I am going to chalk test soon though.
Had no idea what to start with so I started there and left it there, I have felt I should lower it I just haven’t.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread