Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Danny Cameo

Reaction score
Fake news. Truck needs to be programmed for tire size
So how is that fake news? if you NOW admit that the transmission will figure it out as I was told? And that's all I said.

I never mentioned anything about speedo just the transmission if you re read
So I think you are the 1 giving disinformation lol

I don't think the The statement "has to" is accurate More like "should be" It's a little more accurate

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
So how is that fake news? if you NOW admit that the transmission will figure it out as I was told? And that's all I said.

I never mentioned anything about speedo just the transmission if you re read
So I think you are the 1 giving disinformation lol

I don't think the The statement "has to" is accurate More like "should be" It's a little more accurate
Ok buddy enjoy your day

thkbaron

Reaction score
She is a 2022 and thanks for the kind feedback. Yes, 37s on 17s with load range D. This truck won't be towing or hauling anything heavy; just medium size home improvement projects in the mall parking lot.

The folks who mounted the tires put them to 60psi so I need to fix that and then use AlphaOBD to fix the setpoints. I believe I need the radio code for that programming part but my dealership isn't aware of what a radio PIN is.
You don’t need a pin number for these new trucks.

Reaction score
Picked up my Power Wagon about a month ago. Did the Borla exhaust first (and some little things, Recon smoked/white cab lights, tint, black RAM letters on the grill etc.) and could get away with one more big upgrade before I pushed the boss too far. Was debating between a Thuren shock/coil system, upgrading to the Uconnect 5 12” or 35’s. Went with the 35’s, no question it looks significantly better than the 33’s. I will say though, I think it looks much better but my first reaction after seeing them on was “I should have gone with 37’s….”. Happy with these though, don’t want to have to cut into the wheel wells or whatever adjustments are needed to really make 37’s work DDC804FE-486C-4C65-9374-5B3423747FB3.jpegB3FBD55F-0838-44D5-984A-6493037C2465.jpeg

Andersen24

Reaction score
Picked up my Power Wagon about a month ago. Did the Borla exhaust first (and some little things, Recon smoked/white cab lights, tint, black RAM letters on the grill etc.) and could get away with one more big upgrade before I pushed the boss too far. Was debating between a Thuren shock/coil system, upgrading to the Uconnect 5 12” or 35’s. Went with the 35’s, no question it looks significantly better than the 33’s. I will say though, I think it looks much better but my first reaction after seeing them on was “I should have gone with 37’s….”. Happy with these though, don’t want to have to cut into the wheel wells or whatever adjustments are needed to really make 37’s work View attachment 38548View attachment 38549
Man crazy how by just going to 35's make a night and day difference! Beautiful ride my friend! Are you happy with the Borla? The obvious question is the droning, or hopefully lack thereof.....

Reaction score
Man crazy how by just going to 35's make a night and day difference! Beautiful ride my friend! Are you happy with the Borla? The obvious question is the droning, or hopefully lack thereof.....
Appreciate it, it’s coming along! They do make a big difference.

Really happy with the Borla. I started with a Magnaflow Dfit Muffler and the drone was terrible. Returned it and grabbed the Borla. It’s quieter than I thought it would be (zero drone), I had the touring on my previous 1500 and I swear it was louder than this S Type. That being said, on a cold start or around 3500-4000 RPM’s it sounds amazing! At a flat speed it sounds like stock.

leaf001

Reaction score
Picked up my Power Wagon about a month ago. Did the Borla exhaust first (and some little things, Recon smoked/white cab lights, tint, black RAM letters on the grill etc.) and could get away with one more big upgrade before I pushed the boss too far. Was debating between a Thuren shock/coil system, upgrading to the Uconnect 5 12” or 35’s. Went with the 35’s, no question it looks significantly better than the 33’s. I will say though, I think it looks much better but my first reaction after seeing them on was “I should have gone with 37’s….”. Happy with these though, don’t want to have to cut into the wheel wells or whatever adjustments are needed to really make 37’s work

I picked mine up two weeks ago and am on the same path. Borla system is inbound and am trying to figure out the tire situation. Mine is a daily driver, so the reasonable compromise would be to go 35.
Otherwise, your looking at purchasing new wheels on top of the price of tires, while reducing the mpg, brake and suspension component life. If carrying a spare matters to you without mounting in or on the bed, you need to stay with 35s. I appreciate you posting before/after pics.

Reaction score
BTW, with black paint, have you considered ceramic coating?
As for carrying a spare, it sounds like 50/50 on people being able to make a 35 fit under there, prob dependent on tire brand. The guys at discount tire couldn’t make mine fit (it’s a Duratrac), hoping this weekend I’ll be able to adjust the heat shield a bit and squeeze it in.

Will probably do a ceramic coat at some point but, for the amount of money it costs, I’d rather do a Thuren system first then the Uconnect 5 upgrade. All dependent on the boss’s reaction to each subsequent project…

jadmt

Reaction score
As for carrying a spare, it sounds like 50/50 on people being able to make a 35 fit under there, prob dependent on tire brand. The guys at discount tire couldn’t make mine fit (it’s a Duratrac), hoping this weekend I’ll be able to adjust the heat shield a bit and squeeze it in.

Will probably do a ceramic coat at some point but, for the amount of money it costs, I’d rather do a Thuren system first then the Uconnect 5 upgrade. All dependent on the boss’s reaction to each subsequent project…
it is more dependent on technique. airing it down helps.

Danny Cameo

Reaction score
Got the 37s Put on Thursday On the stock rims for now I've only had 2 months so it's the 1st major upgrade
I got a bunch of lights to go on just waiting for my S Pod bantom to arrive Didn't want to take one out of either of my J k's
Anyway these are The BFG KM3 37 by 12 and a 1/2 No rubbing so far even at full Lock
I bought 5 so I've got this huge tire in the back of my truck now It takes up a little bit of room lol
Going to be driving 350 km to pick up an off road trailer today that we're borrowing
Then 350 km home with a 3000 pound trailer So we'll see how she does

This should probably be its own post
This truck has only 2000 km on it
Since these power Wagons have the winch mounted basically upside down and the rope is exposed to ground the ground dirt I bought a rope cover, a Warn 1.
Anyway crawled under there to put the cover on before we head into the mountains on this trip with the trailer and I got oil leaking out of the drum on the motorside obviously I've had the 10s Leak before on one of my jeeps but not from the drum It leaked from where the motor attaches to the main body
That was when the Zeon's 1st came out
I hate dealers with a Passion yet here we go back to the dealer was just there Wednesday for a warranty issue And the recall fix

Attachments

• 20220526_124437.jpg
    20220526_124437.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 20220526_151124.jpg
    20220526_151124.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 20220526_151029.jpg
    20220526_151029.jpg
    751.2 KB · Views: 205

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Got the 37s Put on Thursday On the stock rims for now I've only had 2 months so it's the 1st major upgrade
I got a bunch of lights to go on just waiting for my S Pod bantom to arrive Didn't want to take one out of either of my J k's
Anyway these are The BFG KM3 37 by 12 and a 1/2 No rubbing so far even at full Lock
I bought 5 so I've got this huge tire in the back of my truck now It takes up a little bit of room lol
Going to be driving 350 km to pick up an off road trailer today that we're borrowing

Since these power Wagons have the winch mounted basically upside down and the rope is exposed to ground the ground dirt I bought a rope cover, a Warn 1.
Anyway crawled under there to put the cover on before we head into the mountains on this trip with the trailer and I got oil leaking out of the drum on the motorside obviously I've had the 10s Leak before on one of my jeeps but not from the drum It leaked from where the motor attaches to the main body
I hate dealers with a Passion yet here we go back to the dealer was just there Wednesday for a warranty issue And the recall fix
I had a hard time reading this post.
Punctuation and proofreading are your friends.
Whatever is leaking I hope you get it fixed.

Andersen24

Reaction score

DId you adjust your TPMS? The KM3’s are a D2 load range with a max of 50 PSI. Their index is impressive at over 3500 lbs per tire though! I really like the looks of it on the factory wheels, curious how much rubbing you’d get if you were to start to use the suspension of the PW off-road….

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
DId you adjust your TPMS? The KM3’s are a D2 load range with a max of 50 PSI. Their index is impressive at over 3500 lbs per tire though! I really like the looks of it on the factory wheels, curious how much rubbing you’d get if you were to start to use the suspension of the PW off-road….
I can say that my 37's and AEV wheels don't rub at full lock... but the do rub at around 10 degrees. I've just been dealing with it, and having trimmed anything. Off road, the tire rubs everywhere... front, back, top...37s are just too big if rubbing bothers you. if it doesn't bother you... they are perfect.

Attachments

• PXL_20220225_140849558.jpg
    PXL_20220225_140849558.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 146

jadmt

Reaction score
I can say that my 37's and AEV wheels don't rub at full lock... but the do rub at around 10 degrees. I've just been dealing with it, and having trimmed anything. Off road, the tire rubs everywhere... front, back, top...37s are just too big if rubbing bothers you. if it doesn't bother you... they are perfect.
Heck even my 35’s on aev wheels rub off road. But like you it does not bother me as it does not hurt anything.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Yup, it's just a little noise. The plastic liners flex out of the way just fine. No rubbing on anything metal

21PowerWagon

Reaction score
Hey, new here and have a few questions for you knowledgeable people on here. I have a 2021 Power Wagon and got just over 36k miles out of the stock 33" Duratracs. I went to an offroad specialty company local in Northwest Arkansas and told them I would like to go up to a 35" tire that can handle both a lot of interstate, in town, and out on trials rock and mud mostly. The sales guy and manager said I can't go wrong with the Toyo Open Country AT3 tires. So I had them order them and putting them on June 2nd. When I go online to Toyo website, it says that tire is rated for light truck. Max is like 6,300 lbs. My truck is over 7k lbs. Stock is over 6,300 haha. So I asked and they said nah don't worry about that it will be fine. Does anyone currently run or have you ran that exact tire on the stock rims, stock leveling kit, stock suspension on a 2021 Power Wagon? If so then how did it turn out handling, longevity wise and noise compared to the stock 33 inch duratracs? Will it be much of an issue with a wider tire than the stock on stock rims speaking to the 35 inch Toyo open country at3's. Thank you for your responses in advance.

jadmt

Reaction score
Hey, new here and have a few questions for you knowledgeable people on here. I have a 2021 Power Wagon and got just over 36k miles out of the stock 33" Duratracs. I went to an offroad specialty company local in Northwest Arkansas and told them I would like to go up to a 35" tire that can handle both a lot of interstate, in town, and out on trials rock and mud mostly. The sales guy and manager said I can't go wrong with the Toyo Open Country AT3 tires. So I had them order them and putting them on June 2nd. When I go online to Toyo website, it says that tire is rated for light truck. Max is like 6,300 lbs. My truck is over 7k lbs. Stock is over 6,300 haha. So I asked and they said nah don't worry about that it will be fine. Does anyone currently run or have you ran that exact tire on the stock rims, stock leveling kit, stock suspension on a 2021 Power Wagon? If so then how did it turn out handling, longevity wise and noise compared to the stock 33 inch duratracs? Will it be much of an issue with a wider tire than the stock on stock rims speaking to the 35 inch Toyo open country at3's. Thank you for your responses in advance.
Toyo at3 35x12.5-17 come in both C and E rated. Make sure you get the E rated..I have had both Toyo AT3 and Toyo R/T (as well as AT2) and prefer the R/T especially if you are going to play in the rocks and mud. I would 100% make sure they do not put the c rated version on as the max psi on that tire is 35psi it is made for jeeps and other lighter vehicles max load rating is only 2405lbs per tire vs 3195 for the E load. as far as noise it will be similar as will the R/T. I run my R/T at low 30's psi and they are super smooth and quiet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread