Thanks to our dealer connections, we have some interesting information on production percentages that the Ram brand released to its dealer network for the month of April. While it doesn’t state that actual numbers of units built during the month, we get to see what trims, cab configurations, and powertrains were the most popular last month. So let’s take a look at the Ram Truck lineup that includes the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic (DS), all-new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT), and new Ram Heavy Duty production percentages…
2019 Ram 1500 Classic:
Let’s start off with 2019 Ram 1500 Classic (DS) models. Being the budget minded truck in the current Ram Truck lineup, it is no surprise that 47% of the Ram 1500 Classic models built during the month were Tradesman/Express models. The Big Horn/Lone Star packages made up 31% of the entire production of Classic models, while the new Warlock model made up the rest of the production with 22%. A shocking 52% of the Ram 1500 Classics were built as Quad Cab models during the month, while Crew Cab models made up 42% of the production numbers and only 6% were Regular Cab models.
The 5.7-liter HEMI V8 continues to be the go-to engine in the Ram 1500 Classic with 54% of the take. However, the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 was close behind with 46%. When it comes to drivetrain, the 4×4 configuration makes up 80% of the total production, while 20% are in the standard 4×2 configuration.
All-New 2019 Ram 1500:
When we look at the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) production percentages for the month, we see a lot of difference over the Ram 1500 Classic models. For starters, the most popular configuration is the Big Horn/Lone Star models, which consisted of 56% of the total number of trucks for the month. The second most popular package was the Rebel with 16% and the Laramie trim followed with 10%. Longhorn and Limited were close behind with 9% and 8% respectively and only 1% of the trucks built in April were the entry-level Tradesman trim.
We hear a lot of complaining that the all-new 5th generation Ram 1500 does not offer a Regular Cab model, you can see that (Ram 1500 Classic built 6%, the new Ram 2500 only had 1%, while the new Ram 3500 had 3% of Regular Cabs built during the month), the numbers are not that great for the Regular Cab models. However, it didn’t surprise us that 89% of the production for April for the Ram 1500 were Crew Cab models, while 11% were the Quad Cab configuration.
The non-eTorque 5.7-liter HEMI V8 lead the way for April, with 46% of the models leaving the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) equipped with the engine. The e-Torque version was installed under the hood of 28% of the vehicles built during the month, while only 26% were equipped with the e-Torque 3.6-liter Pentastar V6. The drivetrain configuration was similar to the Ram 1500 Classic with 78% of the trucks being equipped with 4×4, while 22% were built as 4×2 models.
New 2019 Ram 2500:
The new Ram 2500 (DJ), like the 2019 Ram 1500 had a majority of its models built as Big Horn/Lone Star models with 55%. Ram seems to combine the Longhorn and Limited trims, but they also look on par with the Ram 1500 model with 18% combined. The entry-level Tradesman models were next with 15% of the production going to that trim level. Laramie models consisted of 11% of the production, while the Ram brand says that 0% of the Power Wagon trim was built during the month. With 77% of the majority of the Ram 2500 were built in Crew Cab configuration, 22% of the trucks were built as Mega Cab models and only 1% as Regular Cabs.
The updated 6.7-liter CUMMINS turbo-diesel was the powertrain of choice for the Ram 2500 with just over two-thirds (67%) of the trucks. The other 33% were HEMI powered models. A whopping 97% of the Ram 2500 models built during the month consisted of the 4×4 configuration, which left only 3% as 4×2 models.
New 2019 Ram 3500:
Ram’s new 2019 Ram 3500 production percentages were a little different than it’s 2500 sibling. With 42% the Big Horn/Lone Star trim configuration was the most popular, with the Laramie trim-level in second with 32%. The entry-level Tradesman was next with 16% of the production, while the combined Longhorn and Limited models were 10% of the total. When it came to cab configurations, the Crew Cab was the most popular with 89% of total production. The Mega Cab followed with 6% and the Regular Cab model make up 5% of the total Ram 3500 models for April.
With two versions of the 6.7-liter Cummins turbo-diesel, the standard version of the updated engine was installed under the hoods of 58% of the total Ram 3500 models for April. The 1,000 lb.-ft of torque High-Output or H.O. model made up 27% of the total, while only 15% were HEMI powered models. During the month, 89% of the Ram 3500 produced were equipped with the 4×4 configuration, while only 11% were made in the 4×2 configuration.
You must be logged in to post a comment.