Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your gun is poop

Enve46

Reaction score
Apparently my newest addition is poop! Got 7 rounds through my Q Sugar Weasel suppressed and got a hard jam. Had to dismantle the upper from lower to clear the round. Complete breakdown, clean and oil, tried it again and jammed first round. Shell casing has gouges in it. Cleared. Tried subs to see if maybe I got **** ammo and it chambered further but jammed again, every time the charging handle was so jammed had to dismantle the upper. Spoke to Q and they are having me send it back. Super disappointing to have the money in the rifle, eotech sight and silencerco suppressor and no fun yet. Local gun smith says nothing to do with ammo.

Good news is I’ve been loving my Walther Q4 steel frame. Need to get more time behind my 509c carry, starting to anticipate again which is annoying. I practiced for months to overcome it, stopped shooting for awhile and it’s back. Which means more money on Ammo, oh darn!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Apparently my newest addition is poop! Got 7 rounds through my Q Sugar Weasel suppressed and got a hard jam. Had to dismantle the upper from lower to clear the round. Complete breakdown, clean and oil, tried it again and jammed first round. Shell casing has gouges in it. Cleared. Tried subs to see if maybe I got **** ammo and it chambered further but jammed again, every time the charging handle was so jammed had to dismantle the upper. Spoke to Q and they are having me send it back. Super disappointing to have the money in the rifle, eotech sight and silencerco suppressor and no fun yet. Local gun smith says nothing to do with ammo.

Good news is I’ve been loving my Walther Q4 steel frame. Need to get more time behind my 509c carry, starting to anticipate again which is annoying. I practiced for months to overcome it, stopped shooting for awhile and it’s back. Which means more money on Ammo, oh darn!
You can work on anticipation and trigger control by doing dry fire training. A cheap laser on the pic rail or if the pistol has a red dot helps but you can do it with irons just the same.

Enve46

Reaction score
You can work on anticipation and trigger control by doing dry fire training. A cheap laser on the pic rail or if the pistol has a red dot helps but you can do it with irons just the same.
Yea I have the Mantis. Now that we are settled in TN, Ill be getting back after it

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Is that the larger loop from Rossi? how difficult was the install? Benn looking at swapping my lever for the larger one and wondering if it's something I can do myself.
Yes, I got it from Rossi. Lot cheaper than other places that were selling them. I think it's actually a medium loop as I've seen a really large loop, but those are on the Mare's Leg lever action.
Wasn't that hard to replace. There are some really good videos on YouTube that show you how.
Biggest issue I has was putting it back together. It does not go back in reverse order of disassemble. Watched the video and found that out. It helps to to have a dummy round when reassembling. Got some off Ebay for cheap

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Picked up a used Glock 19 really cheap this weekend. Looks like it wasn't fired much. Sights had been upgraded. Probably use it for CCW.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

That's too bad.

I built a 300BLK with a 9" AAC kit, and a BCM upper. Runs flawlessly with my DIY .30Cal $200 can. :)

I had an expensive 1st gen Sig 716P (it's an adjustable piston gun) that wouldn't run suppressed. Sent back to Sig twice until they finally replaced it with a "new design," bastardized Gen 1.5 (unofficially) rifle. Runs like a champ now but the new barrel is less accurate. All my other guns (undisclosed numbers) - rifle and pistol alike, run great suppressed. Took a swag on the buffers on them and only had to use a tunable buffer on one that has a special extra fun part in it.

Enve46

Reaction score
That's too bad.

I built a 300BLK with a 9" AAC kit, and a BCM upper. Runs flawlessly with my DIY .30Cal $200 can. :)

I had an expensive 1st gen Sig 716P (it's an adjustable piston gun) that wouldn't run suppressed. Sent back to Sig twice until they finally replaced it with a "new design," bastardized Gen 1.5 (unofficially) rifle. Runs like a champ now but the new barrel is less accurate. All my other guns (undisclosed numbers) - rifle and pistol alike, run great suppressed. Took a swag on the buffers on them and only had to use a tunable buffer on one that has a special extra fun part in it.
Yea I was bummed, still am. Three different brands on ammo, magazines, all had issues. **** happens sometimes and if this is the worst of my issues I think Ill be ok.

Need to get more lead down range is my more pressing issue. Q will fix whatever the issue is but I don't have much issue shooting even an SBR, just pistols naturally.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I was considering the M&P 5.7 and the PSA rock 5.7. Both firearms have fantastic reviews. In fact, I don’t think you could find a bad review about either of them. The m&p seemed like the more premium offering and only being $50 more ($649) vs the PSA threaded and optics cut version ($599) also the m&p is gas operated and the tempo barrel system seems great. I planned on picking up an m&p 5.7

Then, sometime last week, PSA dropped a one day sale. Threaded fluted barrel, optics cut, suppressor height sights, and windowed/lightened slide for $399 free shipping. I didn’t hesitate. Things from PSA show up to my FFL in about a day and a half, so that’s nice.

Haven’t put an optic on it yet but I’m very happy with it.

I may be a 5.7mm fanboi now. You can do the research on the round but it is a pretty cool round.

Subsonic rounds are crazy quiet but they’re not cycling yet. I *think* they will cycle after a little more break in, the pistol is still in the stiff/new phase

The spicy 5.7 rounds are super fun to shoot and the can keeps them hearing safe but they’re still screaming at 1600+ fps so I wouldn’t shoot all day without ear pro because there is a crack like a baby fire cracker.

23+1 which is better capacity than the competition and the mags are less than $20 (we bought ten for $169) fit and finish are great. The pistol shipped with two mags, two optic plates, and a nice zipper case which I didn’t expect.

IMG_2934.jpeg

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a CCW holster for a Glock 19.
Never wore one before, but want something comfortable.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
IWB or OWB?

Most comfortable IWB I believe is the crossbreed super tuck. I use vedder light tuck as well and they’re good but would be less comfortable being full kydex

Last edited:

RTillery

Reaction score
I've got my 1911 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max. Might have to wait to get one, but it's worth it. He's got several styles and outstanding reputation.

Jacob

Reaction score
I just searched that milt holster and it's fancy.

Jacob

Reaction score
SmartSelect_20230810_205458_Samsung Internet.jpg
I would try something like this. I have something similar, but just random brand I got locally. For a g19 and comfort, I would start owb.
I have the alien gear nifty tuck or whatever it's called. Very concealable for my g17. Not especially comfy after a few hours.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking IWB woukd fit best.
Anyone try the Alien

I don't really care for my Alien holsters. They feel great at first but the neoprene material on the inside develops an "edge" that can be irritating if worn next to bare skin. Not something I've experienced using all leather backed Kydex holsters.

Take a look at Cross Breed super tuck. I use them for my P365 and P320.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I don't really care for my Alien holsters. They feel great at first but the neoprene material on the inside develops an "edge" that can be irritating if worn next to bare skin. Not something I've experienced using all leather backed Kydex holsters.

Take a look at Cross Breed super tuck. I use them for my P365 and P320.
I was gifted an alien holster many years ago and I didn’t care for it, either.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I was considering the M&P 5.7 and the PSA rock 5.7. Both firearms have fantastic reviews. In fact, I don’t think you could find a bad review about either of them. The m&p seemed like the more premium offering and only being $50 more ($649) vs the PSA threaded and optics cut version ($599) also the m&p is gas operated and the tempo barrel system seems great. I planned on picking up an m&p 5.7

Then, sometime last week, PSA dropped a one day sale. Threaded fluted barrel, optics cut, suppressor height sights, and windowed/lightened slide for $399 free shipping. I didn’t hesitate. Things from PSA show up to my FFL in about a day and a half, so that’s nice.

Haven’t put an optic on it yet but I’m very happy with it.

I may be a 5.7mm fanboi now. You can do the research on the round but it is a pretty cool round.

Subsonic rounds are crazy quiet but they’re not cycling yet. I *think* they will cycle after a little more break in, the pistol is still in the stiff/new phase

The spicy 5.7 rounds are super fun to shoot and the can *seems to* keep them hearing safe but they’re still screaming at 1600+ fps so I wouldn’t shoot all day without ear pro because there is a crack

23+1 which is better capacity than the competition and the mags are less than $20 (we bought ten for $169) fit and finish are great. The pistol shipped with two mags, two optic plates, and a nice zipper case which I didn’t expect.

View attachment 60880
Let us know how the PSA hold up long term please. I've had my eye out for a PSA Dagger for a while now. Just don't know anyone who's had one long term to give me an honest opinion.

For the 5.7, what cal can are you running?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Let us know how the PSA hold up long term please. I've had my eye out for a PSA Dagger for a while now. Just don't know anyone who's had one long term to give me an honest opinion.

For the 5.7, what cal can are you running?
All the thousand round reviews I watched had zero issues, even the guy that didn’t clean or lube it. It’ll take me a lifetime to shoot that much. I’ll update occasionally I’m sure.

Dead air mask HD .22 can is rated for 5.7 a handful of other 22 cans can handle it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread