Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your gun is poop

Blackpowder

Reaction score
Stock photo.

New hunt this year.

View attachment 72258
I have been hunting with a muzzleloader since 2004 in WA. I currently use a CVA Accura V2 and really like it. I happened to draw a quality bull tag the 1st year I used my Accura and tagged a nice bull. Have fun!

Attachments

• 20191003_093519-2.jpg
    20191003_093519-2.jpg
    793.4 KB · Views: 13

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been hunting with a muzzleloader since 2004 in WA. I currently use a CVA Accura V2 and really like it. I happened to draw a quality bull tag the 1st year I used my Accura and tagged a nice bull. Have fun!

Very nice!

I took a bull 2 years ago with my silenced .308 Rem700P LTR :) Me standing, bull on the slow trot @275 yds.

This will be my first muzzleloader hunt. Going with best friend that has taken many Elk and last year a cow Moose from the spot. Will also be going 3rd rifle in Nov as usual.

So many out of stock guns. For a starter, I think the CVA Optima V2 I picked up is a good option. Outfitting all the powder, primers, bullets, upgraded sights, and other stuff is way more expensive than the gun.

I was going to buy a shorter barrel for my SBE II for Dove, and may still, but decided to do the muzzle thing this year.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you going to load it up with? Even my wholesaler is backorder for over a year for Blackhorn 209 for my muzzy

Scheels had all kinds of 209. Had to drive an hour to the springs store. They had win209 primers too.

Way better selection and stock than the other big box stores. Bass/Cabelas should fire their programmers/ stock forecasters. Even Sportsman's had more stuff.

Blackpowder

Reaction score
Very nice!

I took a bull 2 years ago with my silenced .308 Rem700P LTR :) Me standing, bull on the slow trot @275 yds.

This will be my first muzzleloader hunt. Going with best friend that has taken many Elk and last year a cow Moose from the spot. Will also be going 3rd rifle in Nov as usual.

So many out of stock guns. For a starter, I think the CVA Optima V2 I picked up is a good option. Outfitting all the powder, primers, bullets, upgraded sights, and other stuff is way more expensive than the gun.

I was going to buy a shorter barrel for my SBE II for Dove, and may still, but decided to do the muzzle thing this year.
That's quite a shot! My last bull was at 38 yards, so a bit closer. That's what I like about muzzleloading, the rush of being close to game before the shot (when you can get close).

The CVA Optima V2 will be a very nice gun. And yes, muzzleloading is a bit more gear intensive. They are dirty too.

When I started in WA, you had to use percussion or musket caps and open sights. 209 primers are now legal, but still no scopes allowed. Open sights are the main factor in limiting range, especially with old man eyes.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
That's quite a shot! My last bull was at 38 yards, so a bit closer. That's what I like about muzzleloading, the rush of being close to game before the shot (when you can get close).

The CVA Optima V2 will be a very nice gun. And yes, muzzleloading is a bit more gear intensive. They are dirty too.

When I started in WA, you had to use percussion or musket caps and open sights. 209 primers are now legal, but still no scopes allowed. Open sights are the main factor in limiting range, especially with old man eyes.
Colorado is minimum 50 cal and open sights.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Got a new match grade barrel and bushing for my Colt 1911. At least now I can hit the target. Still shoots a little low but rounds on target finally. Old one was just worn out.

Users who are viewing this thread