Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your gun is poop

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
why can't you own an AR-14?

Never looked into it before as the AR doesn't really interest me. I'm more of an old west style gun.

Ok, just looked it up. Its a semi auto sporting rifle like the browning. Didn't get much traction so may be hard to find.

But thanks to mindless joe, he's going to ban them so I can't buy one. :rolleyes:

Stoner never actually built any AR-14. https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bl...:~:text=The AR-14 was a,would beget the AR-15.

It was a sleepy Joe gaff in the video where he eloquently told an autoworker he was full of sh*t.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Seen conflicting info.
Some say it never made it past prototype.
Others say it was built, but in limited numbers. It was a butt fed tube semi auto sporting rifle.

I have something similar, a Winchester model 74. they call it an arcade rifle as you used to shoot them at the carnival arcades. Semi auto .22 short.
They also had .22 LR as well. They were issued to the military as a sniper rifle at one time.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Who makes that trap? Do you like it?
That’s a super target systems. I upgraded it with the 2” front rubber and put the 1” rubber in front of the back plate.The trap is pretty quiet but you can still hear a plink.

Shooting 22 suppressed the target is louder than the shot but still quiet. I wish it was a little quieter but I went for the smaller model for more portability it weighs around 40lb the larger trap weighs around 80 I think. I may stuff it with rubber mulch to see if I can quieten it down a little more. It’s still significantly quieter than just shooting steel

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Love it. I'm just getting into rimfire because, why not! I've got a 10/22 LVT on order an a Surefire Ryder 22-S in ATF jail. Gonna go with a Leupold 3-9 scope and see how she does. I'll post a pic when its all together
That’s going to be great. I have a 10/22 that’s setup really well. For 10/22 and can the best ammo I’ve found is cci quiet semi auto. It’s hard to find usually but worth it.

Good old cci standard is also a great choice and stays subsonic pretty consistently. Occasionally one will go super. Especially if you go up in elevation

Here is my tac sol x ring (10/22)
The last shot is a dry fire for sound comparison
Dead air mask hd

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Love it. I'm just getting into rimfire because, why not! I've got a 10/22 LVT on order an a Surefire Ryder 22-S in ATF jail. Gonna go with a Leupold 3-9 scope and see how she does. I'll post a pic when its all together
E-file? Mine was on a paper form took 50 weeks on the dot.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
That’s going to be great. I have a 10/22 that’s setup really well. For 10/22 and can the best ammo I’ve found is cci quiet semi auto. It’s hard to find usually but worth it.

Good old cci standard is also a great choice and stays subsonic pretty consistently. Occasionally one will go super. Especially if you go up in elevation

Dead air mask hd

I've been running Gemtech since I got a good deal buying in 1K lots on some a while back.

jetrinka

Reaction score

Dead air mask hd

Sexy. The dead air mask was the other one I was considering

jetrinka

Reaction score
E-file? Mine was on a paper form took 50 weeks on the dot.
Yeah I just did the e file. Should be shorter than 50 weeks but I’ve got a wait ahead of me. SilencerShop makes it dummy proof though.

I’ll just get the scope on it and decide if I want to spend the money on a Kidd trigger

jetrinka

Reaction score
That’s a super target systems. I upgraded it with the 2” front rubber and put the 1” rubber in front of the back plate.The trap is pretty quiet but you can still hear a plink.

Shooting 22 suppressed the target is louder than the shot but still quiet. I wish it was a little quieter but I went for the smaller model for more portability it weighs around 40lb the larger trap weighs around 80 I think. I may stuff it with rubber mulch to see if I can quieten it down a little more. It’s still significantly quieter than just shooting steel
What is the size of the trap? Looks like their 16 x 16?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Never heard of Gemtech. I’ll give it a try though.

They were actually made by CCI to spec for Gemtech, old school silencer manufacturer. They're likely hard to get now.

CCI quiet semi auto are likely quieter but may not cycle as reliably at their lower velocity.

The only other subs I've tried besides the Gemtech were Aguila and they wouldn't cycle my pistols.

The Gemtech also burns very clean and doesn't lead so much so less cleaning to deal with the cans (though I sonic clean the baffles on my TBAC TD22.)

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
They were actually made by CCI to spec for Gemtech, old school silencer manufacturer. They're likely hard to get now.

CCI quiet semi auto are likely quieter but may not cycle as reliably at their lower velocity.

The only other subs I've tried besides the Gemtech were Aguila and they wouldn't cycle my pistols.

The Gemtech also burns very clean and doesn't lead so much so less cleaning to deal with the cans (though I sonic clean the baffles on my TBAC TD22.)
I haven’t had any cycling issues with the quiet semi auto (835fps I believe) through 10/22s and 15-22 but I haven’t had luck with low velocity ammo and semi auto pistols.

Gemtech looks like the sweet spot for speed. I recently bought some 1050 fps but I don’t remember what it was maybe Norma

Users who are viewing this thread