Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y43 Recall PM Sensor for 22 Pickups

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I have had nothing but problems with almost-daily regens and accelerated DEF consumption since I had this emission recall done 2 weeks ago. My truck has 15,000 miles and had no DEF/regen issues before that work was done. I suspect it has something to do with the ECM reflash that is required.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had nothing but problems with almost-daily regens and accelerated DEF consumption since I had this emission recall done 2 weeks ago. My truck has 15,000 miles and had no DEF/regen issues before that work was done. I suspect it has something to do with the ECM reflash that is required.

I have put around 2K miles on mine since the recall was completed and no noticeable changes to anything. My DEF consumption is normal, which has been a slow improvement over the last 10K miles and the DPF is working normal too.

How old is your air filter?

There shouldn't be any direct correlation between regens and DEF.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I have put around 2K miles on mine since the recall was completed and no noticeable changes to anything. My DEF consumption is normal, which has been a slow improvement over the last 10K miles and the DPF is working normal too.

How old is your air filter?

There shouldn't be any direct correlation between regens and DEF.
My issues started the day after the recall work was done. I don't disagree that there shouldn't be any direct correlation, but there most certainly is. Or a very timely coincidence. I've been having daily or every other day regens since then and got a P2459 code which is a "DPF Regen Frequency" fault. These are short trips well under the 24 hour threshold. I suspect the ECM reflash, but it's going to the dealership next week for a system evaluation.

The first things I changed when the problem started was the air and fuel filters. They were the original factory ones and I replaced them with the correct MOPAR filters.

Mobrules

Reaction score
Took mine in to get recalls done. Dealer says they will order the dpf sensor but not to expect parts until after strike due to warehouse being shut down.

No clue if he is pulling my chain or not. Guess I haven't noticed it missing so oh well.

bustedgrills

Reaction score
thank you , found the right ones on mine, looks the same as this just missing the sensor. I'm booked in October 2nd for an oil change and this recall
Just make sure the sensor is in stock and actually installed before they flash the update...they told me the sensor was installed from the factory (it was NOT installed from factory) and they flashed the update...then about 20 minutes after leaving dealership, the check engine light came on...long story short, took them a month to get the sensor ordered and in stock

StrayCat

Reaction score
Just make sure the sensor is in stock and actually installed before they flash the update...they told me the sensor was installed from the factory (it was NOT installed from factory) and they flashed the update...then about 20 minutes after leaving dealership, the check engine light came on...long story short, took them a month to get the sensor ordered and in stock
Yes, they have ordered the sensor and the module already so it will be there when I arrive. Ill make sure its all there before they mess with that part. thank you

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Threads merged.

KCWildGuy

Reaction score

Glad you posted this. i just came here looking for info because they flashed mine and didn't have the sensor in stock. Bunch of BS.

Dodgeman

Reaction score
Took mine in to get recalls done. Dealer says they will order the dpf sensor but not to expect parts until after strike due to warehouse being shut down.

No clue if he is pulling my chain or not. Guess I haven't noticed it missing so oh well.
I am surprised at the eagerness for people to get this recall done. Unless you live in CA and have to or are about to sell your truck and have to, why would you? Aren’t you just adding more potential for codes or problems?

KCWildGuy

Reaction score
I needed to get the Grid Heater Relay replaced, and since it was an open recall, they tried doing it.
I am surprised at the eagerness for people to get this recall done. Unless you live in CA and have to or are about to sell your truck and have to, why would you? Aren’t you just adding more potential for codes or problems?

Mobrules

Reaction score
OH I'm not eager to have it done at all. I had a free oil change at the dealership and had the grid heater recall.
If i had the know how I would delete the whole system. I drive trucks for a living and Def causes nothing but problems.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Wouldn’t you rather know your DPF is failing sooner, say while you’re under warranty, than later and have it cost you out of pocket?

Deleting a 2022 will be extremely expensive since you currently have to do an ECM swap.

Dodgeman

Reaction score
Wouldn’t you rather know your DPF is failing sooner, say while you’re under warranty, than later and have it cost you out of pocket?

Deleting a 2022 will be extremely expensive since you currently have to do an ECM swap.
I'll admit this is a good point. As I understand it, one could go at least 4 years or 40,000 miles to get the sensor before the 5 year, 50,000 mile limit on emissions parts, correct?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Recalls are done any time, not just under warranty.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume this is why the DPF gauge in the cluster doesn't show any level.

No, this recall has nothing to do with the gauge readings. The recall deals with monitoring for a failed DPF and would cause a CEL if it sensed a failure.

The DPF gauge won’t show anything with a driving duty cycle that’s conducive to passive regen, that’s a good thing. You don’t want that gauge to show anything.

NVYCHF

Reaction score
Good morning. Just got home from the stealership, they did the PM sensor recall/install. I have 32028 miles on my 22, averaging 16000 a year. They replaced my DP filter earlier this year under warranty. Not sure if having a fairly fresh DP Filter will make a difference, but I will let you all know. I have recorded nearly all (98%, I cant do it when driving) of my regens and associated mileage. So we will see. Be safe!!

Randy

Zeus2018

Reaction score
As an AlphaOBD user, anyone know if I'll have to reconfigure everything after the PCM flash for this recall? Not sure if the PCM flash also re-flashes the BCM also. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread