Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y43 Recall PM Sensor for 22 Pickups

TXStormtrooper

Reaction score
Glad I found this group after searching recall. Have zero trust in stealerships. So il be crawling under my '22 tomorrow before calling. My local still hasn't figured out the other 2 recalls.

CFE

Reaction score
Any harm in not having this recall done? Been driving the truck for over a year, 30k miles and no issues.

Babyzodi824

Reaction score
Anyone here get a notice? Is this only for CA residents? The notice is alil vague
We got one this week and we’re in Kentucky and they’ve already set us up for an appointment to repair ours the first week in September

StrayCat

Reaction score
I can't even find a mounting plate on my exhaust system for that module

even the blue wire on mine looks like its a ground wire (I know its not) simply bolted to a plug on the exhaust, doesnt look like a sensor

I cant even follow the blue wire far enough to see where it ends (certainly not on the exhaust anywhere I can find), ive felt up and around the DPF and there is nothing up there

WTF?

Just a plug where the missing sensor should go, but cannot locate any logical place for the module , mine looks nothing like these pics here.

take a look at the blue wire on mine...doesnt even look like the pics above

IMG_9382.JPG

baker01

Reaction score

even the blue wire on mine looks like its a ground wire (I know its not) simply bolted to a plug on the exhaust, doesnt look like a sensor

I cant even follow the blue wire far enough to see where it ends (certainly not on the exhaust anywhere I can find), ive felt up and around the DPF and there is nothing up there

WTF?

Just a plug where the missing sensor should go, but cannot locate any logical place for the module , mine looks nothing like these pics here.

View attachment 61548
It looks to me like your picture is taken at one of the two yellow circles in the pic below.
1692834995916.png

StrayCat

Reaction score
I don't think so. the yellow circles are just the wire hangers as far as I can tell. my wire hangers are in the background of the shot, the blue wire terminates at that connector you see there. the blank "plug" for the missing sensor is also right next to it.

baker01

Reaction score
I guess Canada trucks could be different than the U.S. ones. Maybe take a look a little further towards the rear of the truck, Your pictures appears to be of the SCR and not the tailpipe section. Hopefully your dealer gets it right.

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

WTF?

View attachment 61548

That’s the wrong spot (looks like the wire clamp in the middle of the SCR). The sensor goes aft of the SCR. There is a big plug where it will go, about 1”, at the 2 o’clock position (looking forward). There is already another sensor at the 10 o’clock position.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I see they didn't route the harness correctly, it should go through the plastic hoop like the Nox sensor does next to it

I caught that as well. They also pinched the wiring during install. Not a single plastic hoop was used and the wiring was resting on the SCR. It’s almost fixed now, but it took two tries this morning. They missed 3 hoops. Infuriating.

IMG_7089.jpegIMG_7084.jpegIMG_7082.jpeg

This is why you only use the dealership for Recalls and Warranty work.

unclelala

Reaction score
IMG_5561.jpegIMG_5553.jpeg
Just took these poor quality pics and it seems my 2021 needs this as well.

werard

Reaction score
Installing this "missing" sensor has nothing to due with usage it just completes the sensor loop for the DEF system.

danbettis

Reaction score
Ok, so if I don't live in CA, is there a benefit to having the dealer do it? Thanks

Mobrules

Reaction score
I'm also curious what the issues could be if this isn't completed. I'm not asking if they will continue to send notice but what mechanical or system issues could arise long term.

DougB

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread