Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people like cab/clearance lights so much?

jetrinka

Reaction score
As you know, I'm a fan of the clearance lights. Someone mentioned that they are used to determine if you can fit under a bridge or whatnot, by observing how the lights are illumating the obstacle. So I had to drive down to SF and without thinking of parking garages, we booked a downtown hotel. When we get there the parking garage has a bar at the entrance the says the clearance is 5'-10"
I know my truck is just under 7 feet I think. The manager said I would fit, and if it was close he would move the bar for me so I could fit in (which he had t o). I wasn't sure but proceeded with caution. As we were going under I beams that were painted white I was observing the light that my clearance lights were giving off, and I can say it actually does work. It's funny because I had just read the latest comments about this recently on here. It's not perfect, but I used it, and it worked.
Did you mean 6' 10"? Or are your balls just that big?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
As you know, I'm a fan of the clearance lights. Someone mentioned that they are used to determine if you can fit under a bridge or whatnot, by observing how the lights are illumating the obstacle. So I had to drive down to SF and without thinking of parking garages, we booked a downtown hotel. When we get there the parking garage has a bar at the entrance the says the clearance is 5'-10"
I know my truck is just under 7 feet I think. The manager said I would fit, and if it was close he would move the bar for me so I could fit in (which he had t o). I wasn't sure but proceeded with caution. As we were going under I beams that were painted white I was observing the light that my clearance lights were giving off, and I can say it actually does work. It's funny because I had just read the latest comments about this recently on here. It's not perfect, but I used it, and it worked.
Of course it works but thats not their purpose. Imagine flying down the highway then coming to a slow crawl to see if your lights illuminate on the ceiling… plus the guy mentioned transports well Unless its an unloaded flatdeck the trailer is taller than the truck cab so the lights would be useless anyway… also remember you may see the lights but your antenna is taller than the lights so that can still hit

TW720HVY

Reaction score
I am thinking this is a good thread to ask my question regarding the DRW rear lights, specifically the 3 DOT center lights. I am trying to find them on a MOPAR OEM parts website, but I am not having any luck. Anyone know the name of these lights or even better a part number to reference?

mike12193

Reaction score
I am thinking this is a good thread to ask my question regarding the DRW rear lights, specifically the 3 DOT center lights. I am trying to find them on a MOPAR OEM parts website, but I am not having any luck. Anyone know the name of these lights or even better a part number to reference?

Here you go, taken from another thread

Tailgate Lamp Bar - Mopar (68362184AB)
2019-2022 Ram - 68362184ab

also installed a factory one, wired in to my license plate lights.
My light came with screw but no nuts.
Here are the factory parts #'s I used.
68362184AB Tailgate Lamp Bar
6509432AA Snap In Nut (you need 2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsalbre

Reaction score
Looks like the is one to me:

TW720HVY

Reaction score
Looks like the is one to me:

Here you go, taken from another thread

Tailgate Lamp Bar - Mopar (68362184AB)
2019-2022 Ram - 68362184ab

also installed a factory one, wired in to my license plate lights.
My light came with screw but no nuts.
Here are the factory parts #'s I used.
68362184AB Tailgate Lamp Bar
6509432AA Snap In Nut (you need 2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both for this information!

MEGA HO

Reaction score
LOL, I don't need to prove to anyone whether my truck is full size or not, those who know then know, those who don't know don't matter.
Clearance lights add more holes in a cab that could and do leak. Also make it look like a farmers truck. :D

Jsboening

Reaction score
LOL, I don't need to prove to anyone whether my truck is full size or not, those who know then know, those who don't know don't matter.
Clearance lights add more holes in a cab that could and do leak. Also make it look like a farmers truck. :D
Instead of an accountants truck???‍♂️

123zk

Reaction score
I had a 1998 SLT 2500 Cummins my roof never leaked. Plus it's a classic look just Like crome which doesn't chip. Just like smokey and the bandit. Another classic lol.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I bought used and it has the Snow Chief package which has the cab clearance lights, but I would have preferred to not have them.

My 97 GMC K3500 SRW had them and they never leaked from when I got in 99 to 2014.

123zk

Reaction score
Of course not everyone's roof would leak but there are many.
Each to their own I guess.
Also how many antenna have you heard of leaking they have been out for years on vehicles aircraft. If done correctly it's a non issue.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
antenna is just one hole. the more holes you put in a cab the more chances something would leak. I didn't get a sunroof for this same reason plus I've never used them in any of my previous vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread